• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

MG_39

MG_39

Physically ill suffering couch potato
Jul 5, 2019
A salt doesn't mean that it will taste like salt. but because SN and Sodium chloride (table salt) share the same Cl^- ion, they should taste similar, though i would not recommend ingesting chemicals regardless.

on amazon, look for a PPM sodium Nitrite aquarium testing kit
open a conversation with me to determine how to test the quality of SN
So it's the negetively charged chloride Ion that makes salt salty?

Dr.Sleep (Im tired)

Dr.Sleep (Im tired)

Ave Maria
Feb 26, 2023
Does survival from sodium nitrite cause any permanent brain or any organ damage?
According to the WHO, and other chemistry organizations, the nitrate ion, in high quantities shuts down the CNS. If one injests a high amount of SN, one can expect kidney failure, liver failure, paralysis, splitting headaches if one were to avoid death. If there is any doubt you face, don't do it, focus on recovery because failure will lead to more pain.
So it's the negatively charged chloride Ion that makes salt salty?
not entirely,
because salt refers to the term of an group one element ionicly bonded to a polyatomic ion, or a element with a charge of +1, chemistry "salt" and the dictionary definition of salt are two separate things. The primary substance in table salt is sodium chloride, thus when we are referencing a salt taste, we are saying something tastes like the Na+ or the Cl-.

Last edited:
LookAway

LookAway

Student
Mar 19, 2023
Does survival from sodium nitrite cause any permanent brain or any organ damage?
Have you found any evidence that it has? There are a couple of articles of people who survived sodium nitrite.

MG_39

MG_39

Jul 5, 2019
According to the WHO, and other chemistry organizations, the nitrate ion, in high quantities shuts down the CNS. If one injests a high amount of SN, one can expect kidney failure, liver failure, paralysis, splitting headaches if one were to avoid death. If there is any doubt you face, don't do it, focus on recovery because failure will lead to more pain.

not entirely,
because salt refers to the term of an group one element ionicly bonded to a polyatomic ion, or a element with a charge of +1, chemistry "salt" and the dictionary definition of salt are two separate things. The primary substance in table salt is sodium chloride, thus when we are referencing a salt taste, we are saying something tastes like the Na+ or the Cl-.
I'm certainly no chemist, but just curious. You wrote. "but because SN and Sodium chloride (table salt) share the same Cl^- ion,"

I'm confused where are the chloride ion in the chemical formula for NaNO2, I see one metal (the sodium ion (NA+)) and then I see one nitrogen atom and two oxygen atoms.

Reactions: Bastet
Dr.Sleep (Im tired)

Dr.Sleep (Im tired)

Ave Maria
Feb 26, 2023
I'm certainly no chemist, but just curious. You wrote. "but because SN and Sodium chloride (table salt) share the same Cl^- ion,"

I'm confused where are the chloride ion in the chemical formula for NaNO2, I see one metal (the sodium ion (NA+)) and then I see one nitrogen atom and two oxygen atoms.
so "salt" is a general way to denounce an ionic bonded compound in chemistry, while in cooking, salty refers to a NaCl taste (table salt). There is not a chloride ion inside the NaNO2 ion because the polyatomic ion Nitrite (NO2-) acts as the "cloride ion (Cl-)".

the arrangement looks something like this
table salt:
(Na+)(Cl-)

sodium Nitrite:
(Na+)(NO2-)

Nitrite ion:
(O-N=O)-
hope this clears it up. im not very good at explaining things
also, how the hell did you get such a high reaction score?!?!

Last edited:
MG_39

MG_39

Jul 5, 2019
so "salt" is a general way to denounce an ionic bonded compound in chemistry, while in cooking, salty refers to a NaCl taste (table salt). There is not a chloride ion inside the NaNO2 ion because the polyatomic ion Nitrite (NO2-) acts as the "cloride ion (Cl-)".

the arrangement looks something like this
table salt:
(Na+)(Cl-)

sodium Nitrite:
(Na+)(NO2-)

Nitrite ion:
(O-N=O)-
hope this clears it up. im not very good at explaining things
Thank you for explaining, I don't understand though. I do understand the arrangement but not the rest (But you don't need to explain further)

Dr.Sleep (Im tired)

Dr.Sleep (Im tired)

Ave Maria
Feb 26, 2023
Thank you for explaining, I don't understand though. I do understand the arrangement but not the rest (But you don't need to explain further)
feel free to open a Conversation, my doors are alway open :)

MG_39

MG_39

Jul 5, 2019
  • Yay!
Reactions: Dr.Sleep (Im tired)
Oblivion

Oblivion

Wizard
Aug 2, 2018
Does sodium nitrate also turn the blood brown like sodium nitrite?

Dr.Sleep (Im tired)

Dr.Sleep (Im tired)

Ave Maria
Feb 26, 2023
I have always been curious to learn things, no matter what it is. But I don't have the energy, even though I'm curious to understand this better.
well, feel free to message me if you do intend on learning some more chemistry. Education is the goal here!
hi,
Im not entirely sure, but the reason that SN turns blood brown is because it oxidized the iron within one's blood. i would have to do more research, feel free do start a conversation with me.

Dr.Sleep (Im tired)

Dr.Sleep (Im tired)

Ave Maria
Feb 26, 2023
update, i would use testing kit to test the condition of your SN. Start a conversation with me for more instructions

Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
At how much miligram is propranolol deadly and how long after ingesting? Please give me a timeline on what happens after taking it.

Last edited:
Dr.Sleep (Im tired)

Dr.Sleep (Im tired)

Ave Maria
Feb 26, 2023
At how much milligram is propranolol deadly and how long after ingesting? Please give me a timeline on what happens after taking it.
Hi,
please direct that comment into a PM, or a "Conversation" (preferably a conversation) for it is not appropriate for the general public
hi, I'm wondering if overdoses on the next meds can cause permanent/lifelong damage, if yes, which organs? also by overdose I mean as a one time chug, off treatment/sudden consumption.

bisoprol / beta blockers
sodium levothyroxine / synthroid
tylenol / ibuprofen
with anything that is activated in the blood stream, the kidneys and the liver are the first to go.

Bisoprolol (yes that is accualy how you spell it)
  1. low blood pressure
  2. heart failure
  3. low heart rate
Sodium levothyroxine
  1. diarrhea
  2. headache
  3. thyroid disfunction
  4. respiratory issues
  5. swelling of esophagus
  6. (thats all my database says)
Ibuprofen
  1. headache
  2. CNS depression (fatigue)
  3. liver dammage
Conclusion:
Do not take more than the recommended dose of any of these stated meds. I organ failure is not a joke, i know our society glorifies heavy drinking, but liver failure is no joke. Generally speaking, alcohol will worsen any of the symptoms that i just stated. My goal is to educate, not to encourage.

Feel free to open a Conversation if you have further questions ^^

Last edited:
Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
Does SN or for that matter other salts such as table salt require to be dissolved in water for the body to absorb them or would it be fine to "just dump them into ur stomach" as is?

I'm wondering what exactly causes vomiting, I know you can get someone to vomit f.e. after they drunk too much, by feeding them salt water, but is it the taste that will make them vomit or is it the stomach finding too much salt / nitrites in the case of SN?

Dr.Sleep (Im tired)

Dr.Sleep (Im tired)

Ave Maria
Feb 26, 2023
Does SN or for that matter other salts such as table salt require to be dissolved in water for the body to absorb them or would it be fine to "just dump them into ur stomach" as is?

I'm wondering what exactly causes vomiting, I know you can get someone to vomit f.e. after they drunk too much, by feeding them salt water, but is it the taste that will make them vomit or is it the stomach finding too much salt / nitrites in the case of SN?
Good question. Im fairly certain that the stomach plays the major role vomiting.

N

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
I'm curious about learning chemistry myself so I was wondering if there were any beginner friendly resources that you could share?

I am curious about potassium nitrite and nitrate, what happens if you ingest either? I heard PN was similar to SN but less effective, is that true?

Dr.Sleep (Im tired)

Dr.Sleep (Im tired)

Ave Maria
Feb 26, 2023
I'm curious about learning chemistry myself so I was wondering if there were any beginner friendly resources that you could share?

I am curious about potassium nitrite and nitrate, what happens if you ingest either? I heard PN was similar to SN but less effective, is that true?
yeah, no do not find out what happens when you ingest chemicals by testing them on yourself. I use PUB CHEM, a united states resource on chemicals.
nitrate is just an ion, meaning you have to bind something to it for it to be thermodynamic stable.

• Love
Reactions: NoLoveNoHope
DeadManLiving

DeadManLiving

Ticketholder
Sep 9, 2022
@Dr.Sleep (Im tired) Thank you so much for volunteering your hard-earned subject matter expertise here.

If 20 Liters of Liquid Nitrogen were decanted from a Dewar onto styrofoam containers or coolers in a compact vehicle (or confined space) would the 700:1 LN2 liquid to gas expansion rate saturate the confined atmosphere (or overpressurize it) sufficiently to create a lethal inert gas asphyxiation hazard? Or would it be necessary to have an orifice or exhaust vent for the O2 Composite atmospheric regular air to be forced out of first as the liquid nitrogen evaporates out, and thereby requiring an exhaust vent to also force out the regular air to create a pure nitrogen atmosphere?

Or would both achieve the objective of an oxygen deficient environment to the same effect?

Also, what are the general practices across university chemistry stockrooms with respect to dispensing/selling LN2 to the general public provided they come in with an approved cryogenic container?

And beyond welding shops where are other sources where liquid nitrogen may be acquired?

Also, is it a necessary condition that SN must be in suspension before being consumed? Or can SN be absorbed in the lower intestine in crystal form if encapsulated with eccentric coated capsules that bypass the stomach and only burst in the lower intestine?

Last edited:
Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
Good question. Im fairly certain that the stomach plays the major role vomiting.
mhh as far as I understand, it has to do with how much sodium your body can accept before it considers it a threat, apparently thats roughly about 2g a day.
That would suggest that avoiding anything that contains salt in the days prior to taking SN might reduce the chance of vomiting a little.

Which leads me to the next question, can you inject a salt solution directly in your blood stream?
Or would an intramuscular injection work?

Reactions: SorrowMind
D

Disaster

Experienced
Jan 24, 2023
Inboxed you, but I also don't feel like this question needs much safety precautions. How would you test a second-hand scales to make sure you will get accurate measurements? What precautions would you take when buying and using second-hand scales?

OneDayMaybe

OneDayMaybe

Apr 9, 2023
Is it ok to mix the SN with filtered water from a Berkey filter? Should I just go for regular tap water? Or buy bottled water?

Dr.Sleep (Im tired)

Dr.Sleep (Im tired)

Ave Maria
Feb 26, 2023
Hi everyone, i do not see all of your requests for help unless you Open a conversion with me.

You can open a dm, but i don't get emailed, so open a conversation to ensure you get helped.

Happy to help

Reactions: heavyeyes