• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
So my stupid ass decided to contact sos line again to get some help on my really aggressive mode towards myself. I wasn't going to attempt or anything, but I was definitely mooore and moore suicidal every minute. At first it didn't help at all but then I felt really much better and I started to calm down. I told her that and it was fine, she was happy to hear that etc.
And several minutes later I heard the sirens and the police car stopping by my apartment. Then I heard the banging on the door and a police officer yelling "open up the door or I'll call the fire department". So my friend opened the door. It was 5am, everyone woke up and the guy called my name. Everyone was shocked, I was shaking when I found out this bitch decided to rat me out even though she promised hospital was not necessary for me.
They asked many questions on what I do, what I wanted to do, why I wanted to do it. There were many inappropriate jokes and even some flirting (yuh man, i'd go with your wife, you go fuck yourself).
They told me that even though I feel better, the procedures doesn't permit them to not call the ambulance. So they did and we waited. I felt extremely uncomfortable and guilty for having woken up my friends and letting them know that I got some random lady calling the cops on me when I didn't even tell them anything. I am pathetic to the bone.
So I went with them. And again, even though they knew I felt better, they had to take me to the hospital to see a professional psychiatrist. The doctor though looked pretty much like she didn't want to live either. She asked me some of typical stupid questions and insisted on me staying in the hospital for a couple of days. I refused because today was supposed to be a good day at my place. So she let me go home, just like that, with nobody's supervision, whatsoever.
So I guess I got lucky but that was helllll a weird story and it almost felt like a movie or a dream.

Wake me up

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: buyersremorse, ToastInTheShell, 4everHeartBroken and 38 others
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
Holy shit, everything about that is wrong. I don't think it's ever right to call the cops on someone for reaching out for help, but this seems disgustingly unprofessional/unethical even by helpline standards, I think. I'm so sorry that you were put through all that. You aren't stupid at all, it sounds like you didn't say anything that would normally trigger a call to the cops, so the blame's all theirs. I'm glad you got to go home, but still, so sorry that all happened 🫂

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: murmur, Skathon, WaitingAllMyLife and 12 others
kyhoti

kyhoti

Student
May 27, 2024
I hate this for you. It's shit like this that makes it less likely for us to reach out next time, to bottle it up until we are in crisis. I hope you find what you need.

• Hugs
Reactions: buyersremorse, Skathon, needsomeoptions and 11 others
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
So my stupid ass decided to contact sos line again to get some help on my really aggressive mode towards myself. I wasn't going to attempt or anything, but I was definitely mooore and moore suicidal every minute. At first it didn't help at all but then I felt really much better and I started to calm down. I told her that and it was fine, she was happy to hear that etc.
And several minutes later I heard the sirens and the police car stopping by my apartment. Then I heard the banging on the door and a police officer yelling "open up the door or I'll call the fire department". So my friend opened the door. It was 5am, everyone woke up and the guy called my name. Everyone was shocked, I was shaking when I found out this bitch decided to rat me out even though she promised hospital was not necessary for me.
They asked many questions on what I do, what I wanted to do, why I wanted to do it. There were many inappropriate jokes and even some flirting (yuh man, i'd go with your wife, you go fuck yourself).
They told me that even though I feel better, the procedures doesn't permit them to not call the ambulance. So they did and we waited. I felt extremely uncomfortable and guilty for having woken up my friends and letting them know that I got some random lady calling the cops on me when I didn't even tell them anything. I am pathetic to the bone.
So I went with them. And again, even though they knew I felt better, they had to take me to the hospital to see a professional psychiatrist. The doctor though looked pretty much like she didn't want to live either. She asked me some of typical stupid questions and insisted on me staying in the hospital for a couple of days. I refused because today was supposed to be a good day at my place. So she let me go home, just like that, with nobody's supervision, whatsoever.
So I guess I got lucky but that was helllll a weird story and it almost felt like a movie or a dream.

Wake me up
Reasons I don't open up IRL

Sorry dude. That's really fucked up. Glad you got out mostly unscathed though

• Hugs
Reactions: struggles_inc, Mateira, ham and potatoes and 5 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
WTF - What a disgusting behavior of this helpline girl. This is so awful what happened to you and humiliating. It's always better not to call "helplines" when they just don't help at all and make things worse. You must have felt like a criminal. I'm sorry you had to go through all this. 🫂

I'm glad they didn't keep u in the psych ward and you're at home now.

Edit: How did they know where you live? They must have traced the call while you were talking. Did you use a phone line that is registered on your name and address? Sorry, I'd just be interested in how they found out where you live if you did not tell them the details.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Not A Fan, Brokensaddle, Lostandlooking and 5 others
landslide2

landslide2

Student
May 6, 2024
That is an ordeal, I am sorry you had to deal with all of that. From sleeping in your bed to almost temporarily hospitalized involuntarily. Don't know what that person on the sos line was thinking would happen. I almost want to anonymously call that line and tell them off.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, Kit1, agony1996 and 3 others
dinosavr

dinosavr

Dec 14, 2023
Good thing they didn't go through my entire room, I didn't clean up so the guy kept noticing newer and newer objects that were just laying around and asked about them. And also that I didn't overdo self harming. I did self harm a little but it's not much visible. Sometimes it's just shocking, that's it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brokensaddle, Kit1, Sylveon and 3 others
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Oh I'm sorry. I can only imagine how you must have felt. Police especially carrying weapons terrify me let alone approaching me in such an aggressive and chaotic manner. The whole thing must have taken a toll on you. I hope you can find a way to calm and help you. I'm sorry 🫂

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, dinosavr, Sylveon and 2 others
Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023

Wake me up
That shouldn't happen; it's supposed to be anonymous. But if I would ever call I would hide my number when phoning or use Tor Browser when using the chat. Just to be sure.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Skathon, Brokensaddle, Kit1 and 4 others
T

thatisitguy

Jul 11, 2024
So you called a helpline to tell them that you're going to kill yourself and then got mad when they called the cops? People who are suicidal just do it. They don't broadcast their intent to the world. The people who do that are attention-seekers.

• Hmph!
Reactions: failure383, just cant, Kit1 and 7 others
Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
So you called a helpline to tell them that you're going to kill yourself and then got mad when they called the cops? People who are suicidal just do it. They don't broadcast their intent to the world. The people who do that are attention-seekers.

Attachments

• dont-feed-the-troll-shutterstock_296434748-rcm480x0.jpg
    dont-feed-the-troll-shutterstock_296434748-rcm480x0.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Yay!
Reactions: Skathon, UnrulyNightmare, KallMeSad and 14 others
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
What the fuck are you on this forum for if you believe this?
Human beings aren't machines that turn off all their SI and emotions when they're suicidal.

• Hugs
Reactions: onemoreyear, KallMeSad, Defenestration and 8 others
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Take your negative energy elsewhere please or somewhere where the sun doesn't shine.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: onemoreyear, Defenestration, Kit1 and 6 others
Buffy

Buffy

24/7 cold
Mar 17, 2024
Look, some people don't necessarily wish to die. Suicide is sometimes a last option for many, and seeking help does not make them attention seekers.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, bebebeep, Kit1 and 6 others
Dot

Dot

Globl mod | Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021

Thre r suicde ht-lnes in othr cntries whre ppl hve ctb whle on th/ phne - xample Samrtns UK - thy jst dd nt wn2 b alne

Ur ovrall percptn of suicdl ppl = nt accur8 & u wll also C frm gdbye threds on SaSu tht mny ppl hve postd thr intentns b4 ctb

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Skathon, SoulWhisperer, Kit1 and 11 others
Whale_bones

Whale_bones

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
Unfortunately, most helplines do call police. It's actually a rarity to find one that doesn't. It'd be one thing if they were honest and upfront about the fact that they'll call the cops, but they literally knowingly mislead people, claiming it's a "safe" place to call, you can just vent, we're here to listen, etc.

I loathe all the parts of mental health systems that lie and hide their true intentions. It drives people to die alone and in silence, because they're treated like criminals for merely speaking their thoughts out loud.

I'm sorry you went through this @dinosavr, but really glad you got to go home. Hopefully the next few days are fairly chill so you can have time to rest and recover from the stress.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, Praestat_Mori, Alexei_Kirillov and 8 others
dinosavr

dinosavr

Dec 14, 2023
Unfortunately, most helplines do call police. It's actually a rarity to find one that doesn't. It'd be one thing if they were honest and upfront about the fact that they'll call the cops, but they literally knowingly mislead people, claiming it's a "safe" place to call, you can just vent, we're here to listen, etc.

I loathe all the parts of mental health systems that lie and hide their true intentions. It drives people to die alone and in silence, because they're treated like criminals for merely speaking their thoughts out loud.

I'm sorry you went through this @dinosavr, but really glad you got to go home. Hopefully the next few days are fairly chill so you can have time to rest and recover from the stress.
Yeah, the worst was that she didn't admit it. I asked her, there's police in my apartment did you call the police? And she goes what what police? I don't know. Well that's pathetic now..

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, Praestat_Mori, Whale_bones and 4 others
Scattered-Soul

Scattered-Soul

It was an indescribable pain
Oct 2, 2023
God, that's awful! I'm glad you didn't end up being hospitalized for a long time but it's so frustrating that you had to deal with that even just from an inconvenience standpoint, not only did they waste your time but they also made you feel even worse. It really makes me wonder what these helplines are even good for, I know some people have been helped for sure but for the most part I only heart stories about them adding even more misery to people's lives.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, Praestat_Mori, Kit1 and 1 other person
T

thatisitguy

Jul 11, 2024
Look, some people don't necessarily wish to die. Suicide is sometimes a last option for many, and seeking help does not make them attention seekers.
I used to work on a crisis hotline (they no longer call it a "suicide" hotline because most people who call aren't serious about killing themselves) and it was the same callers all the time. Every call was a brand new crisis. It got old real quick. I thought that by volunteering would help with my own issues. It didn't. The people who man those phones are going to tell you the same thing they told the previous caller and the caller after you. They are are not going to change your life. Most of the time you're talking to someone with less life experience than you.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, vadim, just cant and 3 others
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024
I had a similar story. So bizarre. Cops came with a lock pick man. Just before the lock pick opened my door I opened up to them saying "what the hell are you doing at my door?" I acted like I had no idea what they were talking about and I was asleep while hearing intruders. The cops wanted to come in, but I said no way since they don't have a search warrant for any suspected crime. I made them act like they were the criminal and stupid ones, lol. But afterwards I was shaking.. took an hour before I was calm again and could get back to sleep. This incident is why I will never tell anyone who knows me and my nationality (no friends, hotlines, doctors, therapists) of my ctb thoughts until the suicide note. Cops are the LAST things people like us want to see when we are in distress! What the hell

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, Praestat_Mori, vadim and 4 others

I put the HOT in psychotic
Jul 9, 2024
Jesus Christ I'm sorry that happened to you. This is what I fear about these hotlines which is why I'm here venting my thoughts instead of calling. Don't want to be ratted out.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Kit1 and dinosavr
dinosavr

dinosavr

Dec 14, 2023
I had a similar story. So bizarre. Cops came with a lock pick man. Just before the lock pick opened my door I opened up to them saying "what the hell are you doing at my door?" I acted like I had no idea what they were talking about and I was asleep while hearing intruders. The cops wanted to come in, but I said no way since they don't have a search warrant for any suspected crime. I made them act like they were the criminal and stupid ones, lol. But afterwards I was shaking.. took an hour before I was calm again and could get back to sleep. This incident is why I will never tell anyone who knows me and my nationality (no friends, hotlines, doctors, therapists) of my ctb thoughts until the suicide note. Cops are the LAST things people like us want to see when we are in distress! What the hell
Exactly like they were funny and strict in the same time, I definitely don't blame them for anything. They just wanted to help. The girl who notified them is who made me mad! I assured her everything was okay, I stopped talking about wanting to hang myself. But she didn't listen nor trust me not even a little bit. I feel like a really crazy person.

Plus, I'm almost sure she thought I was psychotic because I was really sleepy and I was not fully conscious and I started talking shit about captain america and iron man hahaha it sounded crazy, they were telling me to die and I guess that's what worried her the most lol. Literally my DREAM.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Kit1
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024
Exactly like they were funny and strict in the same time, I definitely don't blame them for anything. They just wanted to help. The girl who notified them is who made me mad! I assured her everything was okay, I stopped talking about wanting to hang myself. But she didn't listen nor trust me not even a little bit. I feel like a really crazy person.

Plus, I'm almost sure she thought I was psychotic because I was really sleepy and I was not fully conscious and I started talking shit about captain america and iron man hahaha it sounded crazy, they were telling me to die and I guess that's what worried her the most lol. Literally my DREAM.
Yeah, both helpliners, doctors, cops and friends like to play hero by "saving lives", but they often don't know how to do that sensitively and in a way that respects choice and the dignity of the person they "save". Same as doctors who may save a life from things like cancer with harsh treatments or amputations... sure they extended the quantity of a life, but what about quality? The medical establishment as it is currently is not so much about quality of life, and this is why I have little respect for the heroism of life-saviors.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Whale_bones, vadim and 2 others
A

agony1996

Jul 8, 2024

Wake me up
Omg I'm sorry you had to go through that and the terror you must of felt.
The lady is completely unprofessional normally they have to report you only if you threaten to hurt yourself or someone else, she should be fired.All you did was try to reach out and talk to somebody.
That's why I don't talk to anyone about my thought, that's why I comes here to vent cause it's a safe space.
I'm really sorry, what a horrible experience you went through.
Well you can always talk to us

• Hugs
Edpal247

Edpal247

Experienced
Jul 9, 2024
Well, this is good to know. Sorry it happened to you. I called one about 2 months ago but I keep it low key - it was a f'n chat agent. Real person I believe but still, not even a human voice foe either me or them. I eventually just dropped it. Closed the window. It was really pointless imo.

• Hugs
A

agony1996

Jul 8, 2024
I think he's already been through enough, I don't think making him feel like he did something wrong for trying to reach out for help and have someone to talk to, is appropriate.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and dinosavr
Nikitatos

Nikitatos

Arcanist
Apr 10, 2024
FYI - The people on helplines or suicide lines do not have any specialized training to help you. That's the impression everyone likes to give. I think people like to feel like they're helping even if they're not. People think 'oh, there's a suicide lines to help distressed people'. Makes them feel better about society like something is being done.

I almost did the job answering the phones once. I thought I could help people, but the truth is phone operators aren't allowed to help. They're only allowed to listen. They can't give you advice or things to try out. They're only there if you need someone to vent to.

Also, in conspriracy theory ciricles, there's rumors of evil people replaying 911 calls over drinks and laughing their butts off. I know from first-hand experience that there's no level of evil the deep state won't stoop to.....evil people with unimagineable power who have no sympathy or empathy for anyone. So, I believe this sort of thing is common. They LOVE maximizing misery in people's lives and watching the misery unfold. Truly evil people.

If you're suicidial and not sure you want to die, go straight to a hospital before you call a help line.

If you need someone to talk to and you don't want to talk to a friend, find a stranger (bartender, dealer....someone with a boring job like a hotel front desk person).

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and dinosavr
Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
FYI - The people on helplines or suicide lines do not have any specialized training to help you. That's the impression everyone likes to give. I think people like to feel like they're helping even if they're not. People think 'oh, there's a suicide lines to help distressed people'. Makes them feel better about society like something is being done.

I almost did the job answering the phones once. I thought I could help people, but the truth is phone operators aren't allowed to help. They're only allowed to listen. They can't give you advice or things to try out. They're only there if you need someone to vent to.

Also, in conspriracy theory ciricles, there's rumors of evil people replaying 911 calls over drinks and laughing their butts off. I know from first-hand experience that there's no level of evil the deep state won't stoop to.....evil people with unimagineable power who have no sympathy or empathy for anyone. So, I believe this sort of thing is common. They LOVE maximizing misery in people's lives and watching the misery unfold. Truly evil people.

If you're suicidial and not sure you want to die, go straight to a hospital before you call a help line.

If you need someone to talk to and you don't want to talk to a friend, find a stranger (bartender, dealer....someone with a boring job like a hotel front desk person).
You talk as if it's the same all over the world. You forget you're on an international forum. The Belgian Zelfmoordlijn (still called 'suicide line' BTW) educates volunteers before they can start and they also have to commit for 1 year.

The site says 'anonymous', but I can't vouch for that. If there's someone on the line and they think it's life threatening... There's a law that says you're obligated to 'help a person in need'. But you can set your smartphone to 'private' and while they have an IP when you chat, they still have to get access through the internet provider. It will take longer than a few minutes to track you down.

If it would become public it's not really anonymous, there would be a scandal. Also, nobody would ever call the suicide line ever again.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Buffy, Myforevercharlie and 3 others
Cress

Cress

Experienced
Oct 15, 2023
This is pretty common actually. I've been told many times that no one would ever call law enforcement to have me taken away If I was honest and talked about what I was struggling with. Only to be lied to and be met with sirens and police a few hours later.

• Hugs
T

thatisitguy

Jul 11, 2024
Absolutely true.

And if that's not bad enough, they will take away anything you have that will help you CTB and throw you into the criminal justice system too. That is why I am skeptical about folks who call those hotlines and then act shocked when they are doxed. The equivalent of someone being open and honest with the cops even after the cops rea you your rights and then getting mad that the cops use your own words to arrest you. All attention-seeking behavior.
Yeah, the worst was that she didn't admit it. I asked her, there's police in my apartment did you call the police? And she goes what what police? I don't know. Well that's pathetic now..
Come on now. You knew that she was going to report you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori