• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

K

katie

May 27, 2018
Life's went to shit I just want to die it's what I want but I don't know at the same time I just need someone to help please just to convince me it's right

F

Flife

May 21, 2018
I have the same problem. I want to do it but I'm scared. Mostly I'm afraid of failing because everything will get so much worse. What helps me is knowing that I won't be in pain anymore. Everything will be over, you won't have to suffer anymore.

N

Nova

May 26, 2018
Aren't we all too scared? If not we wouldn't be here right now.
Not necesseraly. There are those who are undecided, those who still hope they could change their life, those who just lack the energy and the motivation to get up and do it, etc....

Reactions: Lotharius
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
Not necesseraly. There are those who are undecided, those who still hope they could change their life, those who just lack the energy and the motivation to get up and do it, etc....
Sure but then they aren't 100% sold on suicide either.

And that last point makes no sense. Not me saying that there aren't people like that but it makes no sense. If there is somebody who is 100% sold on suicide and they aren't scared of doing it then why would you not just do it immediately? As if waiting isn't more energy consuming than actually just getting over with it.

O

OfficerK

Experienced
May 6, 2018
You can be 100% sold on committing suicide, while also deciding to postpone it on a rational basis. A lot of people here are attempting to find a way to go through with it that would minimize the potential for suffering, both for themselves and others. For example, finding a foolproof method that ensures death is necessary to avoid living in agony for another few decades. Another example would be someone waiting for close ones to die, figuring that the suffering they would have to go through with surpasses whatever pain is making the other person suicidal. Both of these people can be 100% certain that suicide is the best solution to their problems.

If you have to be convinced that suicide is the right thing to do, like with OP, then you should probably try to look at it in a different way. Rather than seeking help from the ones that are already convinced, you should instead try to find different philosophical points of views on the topic, and then based on that make a decision on what you want to do.

ImNotBatman

ImNotBatman

Student
May 9, 2018

And that last point makes no sense. Not me saying that there aren't people like that but it makes no sense. If there is somebody who is 100% sold on suicide and they aren't scared of doing it then why would you not just do it immediately? As if waiting isn't more energy consuming than actually just getting over with it.

Im motivated and sold, I'm just waiting for the right day. Ive got a tentative date set, but maybe it'll all be okay, I dont know. But if shit isnt better or positive by June 9th...I'm omw to CTB.

Reactions: HangInThere
I

I want to end it

Arcanist
Apr 29, 2018

For me, it's just a logistical/practical problem. I have found it difficult to set up my first method and I realized there could be a high probability of failure, so decided to pick another method. I live with other people as well, so I have to be more secretive about it.

Reactions: HangInThere
Mess

Mess

May 18, 2018
I think i'll ctb if i fail my exams during june of 2019, i don't want to stay alive but i'm still hoping that these ewams will change my life. it also gives me a lot of time preparing my suicide
there are a lot of methods that i'm afraid with, for example jumping off a high building or under a train, hanging or drowning myself. i think the best would be poisonning myself with CO, helium or drugs. But i'm minor and i can't by anything without my parents see it.

Reactions: Caerula
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
You can be 100% sold on committing suicide, while also deciding to postpone it on a rational basis. A lot of people here are attempting to find a way to go through with it that would minimize the potential for suffering, both for themselves and others. For example, finding a foolproof method that ensures death is necessary to avoid living in agony for another few decades. Another example would be someone waiting for close ones to die, figuring that the suffering they would have to go through with surpasses whatever pain is making the other person suicidal. Both of these people can be 100% certain that suicide is the best solution to their problems.

If you have to be convinced that suicide is the right thing to do, like with OP, then you should probably try to look at it in a different way. Rather than seeking help from the ones that are already convinced, you should instead try to find different philosophical points of views on the topic, and then based on that make a decision on what you want to do.

While I totally get what you are saying I truly believe that all those that are looking at a 100% foolproof method are still gonna be scared of actually commiting whatever method they end up choosing which is exactly my point. You can think about shooting yourself in the head which is pretty much a guarantee most of the time but before actually doing it you will be scared af of it going wrong anyways. Do you not agree with this? Would you always have 100% faith in your method?

Im motivated and sold, I'm just waiting for the right day. Ive got a tentative date set, but maybe it'll all be okay, I dont know. But if shit isnt better or positive by June 9th...I'm omw to CTB.

With all due respect but in this case I wouldn't call you 100% sold. Why? Because you have hope.

I have been there before where I say 'Oh on that date I will kill myself if things don't get better'. Things didn't get better yet I am still here.

Why? Hope. It doesn't just disappear. One of the most powerful yet dangerous things in the world in my opinion.

PS. I am not trying to be a dick here just to make that clear. Just trying to have a normal discussion.

ImNotBatman

ImNotBatman

Student
May 9, 2018
While I totally get what you are saying I truly believe that all those that are looking at a 100% foolproof method are still gonna be scared of actually commiting whatever method they end up choosing which is exactly my point. You can think about shooting yourself in the head which is pretty much a guarantee most of the time but before actually doing it you will be scared af of it going wrong anyways. Do you not agree with this? Would you always have 100% faith in your method?

With all due respect but in this case I wouldn't call you 100% sold. Why? Because you have hope.

I have been there before where I say 'Oh on that date I will kill myself if things don't get better'. Things didn't get better yet I am still here.

Why? Hope. It doesn't just disappear. One of the most powerful yet dangerous things in the world in my opinion.

PS. I am not trying to be a dick here just to make that clear. Just trying to have a normal discussion.

Its not that I have hope. Its that i'm getting tattoos on the 5th, and I like suicide attempts on weekends, so the 9th is my first available day to do so. If I'm gonna fail, I like to keep my affairs from falling apart.
If things improve by then, yay. If not, times up. If youre gonna fall, do a flip before you hit the ground, thats my thoughts.
Make my last 2 weeks magnificent. If it means I end up wanting to live, then nothing lost.

I

ion900

Student
May 4, 2018
your will to have someone make everything better is where you are going wrong in my opinion. You have to help yourself. Try fasting, healthy eating(not vegetarian), working out very hard and challenging yourself everyday. You will build a personality that way. I mean personality is the literal meaning of the word.

Reactions: Samuel
K

katie

May 27, 2018
I do fast but very intense it doesn't really help I'm addicted I also test my limits by Lying I'm the bath putting my head under and staying for as long as possible its painful but good to push yourself

I

ion900

Student
May 4, 2018
I do fast but very intense it doesn't really help I'm addicted I also test my limits by Lying I'm the bath putting my head under and staying for as long as possible its painful but good to push yourself
That's good. I recommend finding a carpet or yoga mat, doing plank for a minute, leg lifts for 20 reps, pushups, situps with your face parallel to the ceiling for 30 reps. Really important for yo to challenge yourself to the point where you think your are going crazy and dying. If you don't push that far the work out is dumb. Good luck but it's not a luck thing, it's a matter of embracing the animalistic side of your humanity. If your are a women I recommend fasting more often and working out with weights less and running more and doing more ab exercises. If you are cutting a lot of weight once every three weeks do a water and food fast for 24 hours along with your food fasts every week. See ted talks on fasting. Also challenging yourself in social situations is personality building. One thing I didn't understand before was that you are not supposed to expect people to like you just because you want them to. You are supposed to show them compassion, make them feel liked and then they will instinctually give back to you. The people who expect a lot but give little will not keep bonds. Not everyone knows of this compassionate spiritual way of living. Some do it only around certain people they like. Simply put karma. Getting a runners high can be very nice and can make you want to go fir that feeling more than others possibly. A mental exercise I like is when you try to concentrate electrical energy in your brain to find strength and embrace the crazy everyone has.

Last edited: