G

gogg

Aug 23, 2022
You all don't deserve this.
I see many posts on here talking about how rough your childhood was, losing someone close to you, or a traumatic event. You didn't deserve that and no one should have to experience any of those things and much more. You didn't do anything wrong for these events to happen, they just did and I am sorry.

However, I did this to myself. I grew up in a middle-upperclass neighborhood, with an amazing father and an ok mother. Any necessity was covered, very safe neighborhood, and anything a child could ask for. I had every opportunity to succeed and still became less than nothing. Lets start with the fact that my entire life I have been a lazy, lying, manipulative person. I have made my parents lives more difficult than it need to be, my teachers, my peers, all because I didn't want to do some basic task. I faked a severe illness for multiple years just because I didn't like where I was living, or to skip school. Id lie about things to get what I wanted, or sometimes for no reason at all. I seem nice on the outside, but really I do everything for myself. Actually, I don't even do that, because if I did I would be somewhere right now.

I have just always been so lazy and unmotivated even with massive aspirations. I wanted to be an athlete. Now im just an ugly skinny kid. If my 10 year old self saw me now, he would tell me to kill myself. So I see it now as the only option, but the part that hurts is that I will die just as some "sweet quiet kid who got the short end of the stick". In reality, I pulled the longest one but burnt it entirely on my own. I either wanna die happy with myself, or honest. But I can never do that because it will only hurt them more.

~Sorry for ranting nonsense just wanted to put it into words. Be well.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Al_stargate, pole, OpheliasFlowers and 16 others
Infernal

Infernal

Wretch
Jul 28, 2022
I empathize with this so much. Sometimes the worst pain is feeling like you don't have a "valid" recognized or approved reason to be feeling this way. But the truth is that you don't need a culturally validated reason. Being a sentient intelligent being is reason enough if you ask me. None of us asked for this after all, and not all of us are lucky enough to have an intrinsic ability to find meaning and happiness in life even in the midst of obvious adversity. A lot of us have to suffer internally, drowning in isolation and meaninglessness without the societal sympathy that comes with experiencing validated hardships. No characters or stories or songs to relate to or find comfort it. Only yourself, your enemy, and nothingness, emptiness, trapped it the torture chamber of your own mind. At least that's how it feels to me sometimes.

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Lily (Osako), waitingforrest and 1 other person
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
I did succeed for a while at least from the work perspective. I then lose it all due to both my errors but also my mental condition. tbh I do not know if I am borderline or whatever. I fuck up everything I touch, you could call me socially retarded. Now on LinkedIn I see how my life could have been, I see colleagues getting promoted and being successful and this makes me feel even worse. I see what I could have been but I will never be able to reach it.

T

Trifecta

Aug 27, 2022
I hear you, I also was fortunate enough to grow up in a supportive family environment. I think about what I could have been and it makes me want to weep. Do you also want to go back in time to slap some sense into your past self?

H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I hear you, I also was fortunate enough to grow up in a supportive family environment. I think about what I could have been and it makes me want to weep. Do you also want to go back in time to slap some sense into your past self?
I would slap the crap out of my past self.