F

Finallyhere

Student
Oct 30, 2018
Saw a tv doc behind Heath Ledgers death

He had a combo of like Xanax, Valium, oxycodone, hydrocodone and I think some antihistamine. Plus a bit of alcohol.

His death seemed rather peaceful too. Almost too good to be true.

Kinda made me wonder/realize that it isn't quantity, but quality. Sustaining higher amounts of something will just make you puke.

So cocktails might be effective, but why was Heath Ledgers so deadly? Do you guys think it was due to the alcohol? I don't think he took too many pills.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, IwasElla, Lifeisatrap and 2 others
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
With OD a lot comes down to luck (or lack thereof). Some people vomit, others are found and taken to the hospital. Many don't even go into a coma. It's not easy to reliably OD with currently available medication.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, rabid_squirrel, Lifeisatrap and 2 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
With OD a lot comes down to luck (or lack thereof). Some people vomit, others are found and taken to the hospital. Many don't even go into a coma. It's not easy to reliably OD with currently available medication.
I agree with this. Oddly enough, death from ODing seems to come easier when it's by accident.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Final Escape, Schopenhauer and 3 others
A

Afterman

take me somewhere nice
Nov 13, 2018
I'm pretty sure there was no alcohol in his system, but I might be wrong. The fatal part came from the mix of benzos and the painkillers. That combination can shut down the central nervous system and cause cardiac arrest (how he died). They can also knock you out and you choke on your on secretion and die;doesn't sound nice. But drugs affect everyone differently so there's no guarantee what would happen. As stated above, it always seems easier to fatally overdose by accident than by choice.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Red star, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
starcrossedfate

starcrossedfate

Passenger
Sep 24, 2018
I'm also very curious about his death as well given that I have access to the majority of those substances. Does the PPeH have any figures on the reliability of those substances for ctb? Or is it just SN/N or bust?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Red star, Circles and 1 other person
F

Finallyhere

Student
Oct 30, 2018
I'm also very curious about his death as well given that I have access to the majority of those substances. Does the PPeH have any figures on the reliability of those substances for ctb? Or is it just SN/N or bust?

I believe it mentions heroin but doesn't consider it very reliable due to quality control. Not entirely sure though I just browsed through it recently.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Schopenhauer, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
I agree with this. Oddly enough, death from ODing seems to come easier when it's by accident.

Yes, I agree. It's a shame that people die by accident so often.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Fcancer, worldexploder and 1 other person
voool

voool

Experienced
Sep 18, 2018
I believe it mentions heroin but doesn't consider it very reliable due to quality control. Not entirely sure though I just browsed through it recently.
You can get very high quality online. Hes just ignorant of that.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lifeisatrap