• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

W

Whatshouldmynamebe

May 2, 2020
As the title says, I'm having trouble thinking of a way to alert the authorities once I ctb as it will be in a tent in a forest.

The country I'm in doesn't have the ability to text the emergency number. And I've tested out the email response time from the general police email and it is far longer than ideal.

My goal is for the police to notify my family and partner before they are frantically searching for me, as in before I'm gone long enough to be missing.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, id like to alert the authorities with my location etc or maybe email a place that would.

• Hugs
Reactions: Louise Payne, squirley and ChronicallyCynical
mornings of nausea

mornings of nausea

Aug 9, 2023
Is there any way you can schedule a text or email asking someone to call them for you, possibly someone who doesn't live close enough to go themselves? although it's difficult to think of a way to do this without causing a lot of anxiety to the recipient.

Reactions: Mauve87, squirley and Whatshouldmynamebe
W

Whatshouldmynamebe

May 2, 2020
Is there any way you can schedule a text or email asking someone to call them for you, possibly someone who doesn't live close enough to go themselves? although it's difficult to think of a way to do this without causing a lot of anxiety to the recipient.
I did think of this but Im just trying to avoid putting that anxiety on anyone I know, I'm getting a hotel near where I'm gonna be pitching a tent, debated even emailing the hotel to call the police, but again idk how timely their response would be. Seems like there's gotta be a better way

• Love
Reactions: squirley and mornings of nausea
L

Last_Leap

420's friend
Sep 8, 2023
i've read some people post letter's using standard delivery so that the information arrives shortly after they've ctb

Reactions: Mauve87 and squirley
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
What's your timeframe for notifying someone?

Reactions: Whatshouldmynamebe and squirley
squirley

squirley

: )
May 6, 2023
Like the other post said the time line seems important,, because how long would it be before your partner / family , start wondering where you've went etc.
The mailing letter or scheduled email is the only thing I can think of.
And if not to friends etc , you can send it to a TIP email or directly to a detective?
Or if you're going to a hotel leave a note for staff to call it in with a location. GPS or phone info they can ping off a tower?

Good luck with your journey.

Reactions: Whatshouldmynamebe
S

SN drinker

-
Aug 13, 2023
Gmail has scheduled send btw. (Like most big providers)

Reactions: Letmedienow and Whatshouldmynamebe
AshClouds

AshClouds

In time I started growing inward.
Apr 10, 2023
I'd be kinda worried that the service will scan for keywords and cause them to alert the authorities right away.

There are ways to send time delayed emails though people often don't check their emails as regularly as they would text messages, or messaging apps.

Reactions: Whatshouldmynamebe
W

Whatshouldmynamebe

May 2, 2020
What's your timeframe for notifying someone?
I'll be using SN, plan is to take it around midnight, so ideally the emergency services notified the afternoon after. I'll telling my family/partner I'll be working in an "out of service" area. With a scheduled text message to my partner early that morning so there is no worries for not receiving a good morning text
I'd be kinda worried that the service will scan for keywords and cause them to alert the authorities right away.

There are ways to send time delayed emails though people often don't check their emails as regularly as they would text messages, or messaging apps.
Has anyone heard of this being an actual thing? Cause that would be worrisome because I do plan on using Gmail
That's what I plan to use, just to whom the email should go to saying my location and to alert the authorities is my question, the police email has taken over a day to be answered. I don't want to send it to someone I know
Like the other post said the time line seems important,, because how long would it be before your partner / family , start wondering where you've went etc.
The mailing letter or scheduled email is the only thing I can think of.
And if not to friends etc , you can send it to a TIP email or directly to a detective?
Or if you're going to a hotel leave a note for staff to call it in with a location. GPS or phone info they can ping off a tower?

Good luck with your journey.
Actually leaving a note with my gps location for staff to call in is a pretty fair option. And for timeline I have some time because I said I'd be working out of service that day, so I'll have a scheduled good morning text so nothing seems out of the ordinary

Last edited:
Reactions: squirley
Letmedienow

Letmedienow

Aug 17, 2023
I used schedule send to send out ctb emails to friends that were explicit in how I was ctb and said the words "dead and suicide" and no one was alerted. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: snowcloud9 and squirley
L

Louise Payne

Sep 13, 2023
As the title says, I'm having trouble thinking of a way to alert the authorities once I ctb as it will be in a tent in a forest.

The country I'm in doesn't have the ability to text the emergency number. And I've tested out the email response time from the general police email and it is far longer than ideal.

My goal is for the police to notify my family and partner before they are frantically searching for me, as in before I'm gone long enough to be missing.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, id like to alert the authorities with my location etc or maybe email a place that would.
My dear friend CTB in a park location and he was found there in Ohio. I was thinking that was a good idea. Quiet but still in a public place. But he lived alone so he did not have family who would worry about him being missing. I am not in the US so... I am so glad for this topic to be brought up. Good point to consider.

Reactions: seekingrelease22, squirley and Whatshouldmynamebe
Chronicoverwhelm

Chronicoverwhelm

Student
Aug 13, 2022
A couple of my family members can see my location on Google at all times. I plan to CTB in a tent as well, saying I'm out of town to view a new rental home, to buy me enough time. My hope would be that my family would check my location on Google before reporting me as missing.