• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
So again, you're telling me that I shouldn't have had a kid. And again, it's not your decision to make.

And don't throw the fucking guilt trip on me by saying "Die as if you never cared." Fuck you.

I am so with you on this! I am off to bed as it's late where I am, but I will catch up on this in the morning

Reactions: Empty Smile
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
How is telling people with children they have to live or be bad people ok, but someone trying to save the life of a suicidal person because they believe it's morally right is not ok?

In both cases, someone is forcing their will and beliefs on another.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Ki
How is telling people with children they have to live or be bad people ok, but someone trying to save the life of a suicidal person because they believe it's morally right is not ok?

In both cases, someone is forcing their will and beliefs on another.

Kinda contradicting themselves there in some ways that's what that is!

Reactions: k75
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I'm confused.

I don't go up to women with children and advise them to give them up, but having chosen to be childless means I'm regularly told I'll never be "complete" unless I have a few kids and that no one will care about me when I'm old. It's annoying, but not a big deal, since the society I live in doesn't force me to have children.

The society I live in does try to force me not to commit suicide, so hearing from people on a pro-choice forum that I shouldn't kill myself because of their feelings/convictions sounds seriously unsympathetic and disappointing. They should be supporting me, not upholding laws and restrictions that force suffering on people.

No one who's posted on this thread can *make* you stay alive for the sake of your children, or make you "unhave" them; they're just expressing a viewpoint that doesn't have to matter to you; antinatalism doesn't apply to you when you've already got children. It's insensitive and rude to negate your choices in two areas at once, and it must be maddening as hell to encounter it on a pro-choice forum, but it doesn't actually make any difference.

Things that make a difference are making sure your children know they aren't guilty or inadequate. Making sure they're raised by someone who will be good to them. Making sure they know you care about them.

Reactions: Baskol1
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I really think nobody should be judging anyone. It shouldn't matter at all what anyone else chooses to do, unless they are a loved one. I think that's a situation that's very different and complicated.

I don't like being told what to do, especially by other people who don't like being told what to do. They fucking know how it feels, and they're choosing to do it anyway.

I agree that's important to think of the children. That's the first priority. My son is an adult and doesn't depend on me. He knows I love him. He's also my biggest source of guilt and hesitation. I know it's going to hurt him, but I also know he's in a good situation and won't be alone.