BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
No, not on this site. On my personal accounts yes.

Especially during this social isolation.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Kikoo Loool, TAW122, highlyvolatile and 16 others
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I'm sad to hear that. Have you tried contacting someone yourself? Sometimes everyone thinks the same thing: "Nah, I don't want to contact them. They'll contact me."

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Wisdom3_1-9, autumnal, highlyvolatile and 5 others
BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
I'm sad to hear that. Have you tried contacting someone yourself? Sometimes everyone thinks the same thing: "Nah, I don't want to contact them. They'll contact me."

I did. In fact 95% of the time I am the first to contact them. After that they stop.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: bpdandme, highlyvolatile, BFishy and 6 others
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I did. In fact 95% of the time I am the first to contact them. After that they stop.

That's tough. What do you usually write when you contact someone?

• Hugs
Reactions: Oyoy, BabyYoda, theguineapigking and 1 other person
DyslexicForeigner

DyslexicForeigner

Student
Dec 27, 2018
For years and years, I've gotten used to seeing null notification on my social media apps, except this site (if it counts as social media lol!)

• Hugs
Reactions: highlyvolatile, MartyByrde, Blu_1 and 7 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018

I'm the same. Even my sister is mostly incommunicado. It's sad. I've nearly always been the one to reach out to people and keep communication open, but now I've stopped making the effort, I get little to nothing back. At least people on here respond. SS people get it and make the effort for others. I love that.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: highlyvolatile, Namgnah, Blu_1 and 14 others
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I think everyone right now, are so far up their own arses trying to protect themselves, that personal contact with the outside world is slowing down
I never really get messages any more, unless it's someone wanting something.
Conversation is bullshit tbh!
I'm the same. Even my sister is mostly incommunicado. It's sad. I've nearly always been the one to reach out to people and keep communication open, but now I've stopped making the effort, I get little to nothing back. At least people on here respond. SS people get it and make the effort for others. I love that.

Ive recently started chatting more on PM here, as people here are nice, and don't judge, and you can chat random shit and rather then ignore, they just chat random shit back! :pfff:

• Hugs
Reactions: highlyvolatile, BFishy, Oyoy and 8 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I think everyone right now, are so far up their own arses trying to protect themselves, that personal contact with the outside world is slowing down
Kind of agree. It brings out people's true nature. Either they are selfish fucks who hunker down to survive and expect everyone to fit in around them, or it brings out their better nature and they make even more of an effort to overcome things. And degrees of both, in-between.

• Hugs
Reactions: BFishy, Oyoy, ImsooDone1N and 4 others
BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
That's tough. What do you usually write when you contact someone?
I try to talk to them everyday since we don't see each other in real life cause of the virus

For years and years, I've gotten used to seeing null notification on my social media apps, except this site (if it counts as social media lol!)
Unrelated but, I also happen to be an active watcher of Darkmatter2525!

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Sensei and theguineapigking
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I used to get a barrage of notifications to the point of driving me utterly mad. Mostly pointless jibba jabba that didn't warrant a response.

Now I can hear the crickets again and it's actually lessened my daily stress tremendously. It's not all it's cracked up to be believe me.

If it's what you want though you just really have to put yourself out there. There's an old saying "if you throw enough shit, some of it is bound to stick."

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: mesohappy, fastFWD, BFishy and 4 others
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
why is it always us going out of our way and checking up on people, and yet, not a single person returns the favor and checks up on us :/.

one-sided relationships suck.

• Hugs
Reactions: highlyvolatile, NoCoast, Namgnah and 6 others
theguineapigking

theguineapigking

Useless piece of trash
Dec 5, 2019
I'm so sorry. I used to have that happen too with any old friends. But now I don't really have to worry about that because I barely have any now.

Most people in this world seem to be selfish and ignorant. I think many people just don't give a shit. Especially when you know that these people go on social media 24/7(exaggerated haha..then again maybe not lol), yet they don't have the time to respond to texts from a friend in real life. This is all too common nowadays.

Just know it's not only you.We're here for you.

• Hugs
Reactions: highlyvolatile, BabyYoda and Sensei
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
Well let's see, apart from the phone and internet providers, the telepizza, some shop where i bought clothes and is having discounts, some other shop i gave my phone number to and the ocasional "Mom's" message asking me what i want for dinner or if i need her to buy me something when she goes groccery shopping i never get messages from no one for years and years on.
Got so used to it it never really bothered me.

• Hugs
Reactions: highlyvolatile, BabyYoda and Sensei
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
why is it always us going out of our way and checking up on people, and yet, not a single person returns the favor and checks up on us :/.

Poss because their lifes are (until now!) perfect, and they don't wish to hear of our woes, yet wish to fill us with their happy stories, but rather then telling us and risk hearing negativity they wish to avoid, they just avoid us full stop,
Does this even make any sense?

• Hugs
Reactions: highlyvolatile, Busdriver, ImsooDone1N and 2 others

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018

How useful you are percieved by others, what do you think?

Someone writes first then someone wants something. Just as telepizza ans some shops want to make profit of their targets, other people hope for benefits when they write first. Initiators have the incentive. It might alleviate some bad feelings associated with loneliness when you think that other people aren't trying to benefit from you.

I thought being toxic only meant direct physical or emotional attacks towards a person, but it's now defined as not fitting in into someone's convenience
Huh, I didn't think of it this way. That makes sense. Just like mould is toxic to people but not toxic for everything and everyone.

• Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N and BabyYoda
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019

I feel so bad after reading this. I'm guilty of being on the receiving end. I'm sorry.

People go out of their way to check on me, and I really don't want to ever respond. I eventually do, because I realize they are making a special effort to care, but all I really want is to be left alone. Sometimes I just reply so they don't try harder and show up at my door or something. Interacting with people I actually know takes so much energy I don't have. I put it off if I can. I'm not the first to reach out anymore, and if they didn't, maybe I'd never talk again.

It's usually harder to respond, the more I care about the person. I don't know why. I do know I don't deserve to be cared for like they do. I think this makes me an awful person.

But also, it gives me terrible anxiety. I hear a text come in, I can't look. The phone rings... panic attack. My neighbor knocks on my door to make sure I'm ok because I'm not answering texts and they haven't seen me leave my apartment in a week, I just want to hold my breath and hide forever and hope they give up.

• Hugs
Reactions: sadghost, highlyvolatile, Aonewayticketplease and 4 others
Apathy79

Apathy79

Arcanist
Oct 13, 2019
It's funny I was just browsing Facebook Messenger trying to think of people who might like to hear from me atm, and I come here and see this!

I thought of a few people but couldn't think of what to say. Do you just say "Hey how are you doing?" and leave it open like that? I've never really done that before with anyone - whenever I contact people it's usually about something, same with when people contact me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Oyoy, ImsooDone1N and BabyYoda
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
The phone rings... panic attack.
Oh dear, me too. It's never good news. Always someone wanting something. Panic!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Aonewayticketplease, Oyoy, ImsooDone1N and 1 other person
BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
How useful you are percieved by others, what do you think?

Someone writes first then someone wants something. Just as telepizza ans some shops want to make profit of their targets, other people hope for benefits when they write first. Initiators have the incentive. It might alleviate some bad feelings associated with loneliness when you think that other people aren't trying to benefit from you.

Uh...it depends on the person. I'm not classmates with most of the friends that I have now from school. I can't really think right now of a good answer to this but maybe I'm perceived as "fun"?

Huh, I didn't think of it this way. That makes sense. Just like mould is toxic to people but not toxic for everything and everyone.

It's actually how I perceive society's definition of "toxic" and how they people just throw it around like nothing. Personally it wouldn't mean someone venting to me all day about their problems, but it would be like direct physical/emotional attacks for the sole purpose of letting me down. If I just cut off people for no good reason it would be difficult for me considering the fact that I have very few close friends.

It's funny I was just browsing Facebook Messenger trying to think of people who might like to hear from me atm, and I come here and see this!

I thought of a few people but couldn't think of what to say. Do you just say "Hey how are you doing?" and leave it open like that? I've never really done that before with anyone - whenever I contact people it's usually about something, same with when people contact me.

Yea I do.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
It doesnt bother me. I have two close friends and talking with them is enough to ignore my empty message box.
I dont like people

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: fastFWD, Oyoy, ImsooDone1N and 1 other person

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Uh...it depends on the person. I'm not classmates with most of the friends that I have now from school. I can't really think right now of a good answer to this but maybe I'm perceived as "fun"?
I put this question because I think that the (percieved by others) usefulness is a big factor for writing messages, provided there are reliable means of communications in the first place. It can allow us to think what can we bring to the table, which can be practically anything, not necessarily what we consider to be a good thing to bring. Surely some things are in more demand than others, like looks and money. I'd wager there are people who don't know you but are already prepared to like you, the opposite is true as well.

The people I like and have talked a lot with (which are not that many) were either unpopular, shunned or hated in their social environment. All of them were met on suicide-related forums and topics.

Of course it would be better not to feel bad about social isolation, and feel content being with oneself. I have no definite solutions to this problem though. I play games, think and write about stuff, and express some of this stuff here and on other places for online discussion. I feel like communicating occasionally, so I put myself out by talking about topics I'm interested in.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei and BabyYoda
S

s1mplem3

Arcanist
Mar 4, 2020
Basically if I have any message it's only on SS. I live alone, nobody calls me nor texts. Have no idea why do I even need this phone.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: fastFWD, Deleted member 1465, Sensei and 1 other person
Disintegration

Disintegration

Life is a terminal sexually transmitted disease.
Sep 28, 2019
Please don't base your self worth on whether or not another person contacts you. This world is fucked up and most people are a mess... just because you're not getting attention from sick people doesn't mean you're not an awesome person.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sadghost, fastFWD, Aonewayticketplease and 6 others
S

s1mplem3

Arcanist
Mar 4, 2020
Please don't base your self worth on whether or not another person contacts you. This world is fucked up and most people are a mess... just because you're not getting attention from sick people doesn't mean you're not an awesome person.
You're right probably, but I'm not awesome person, I'm lonely person.

• Aww..
Reactions: fastFWD and ImsooDone1N
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Our lives are so empty that we crave dopamine hits to hold back the tears. Hopeless addicts

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: fastFWD, Disintegration and ImsooDone1N
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
The only person that ever contacts me is my mum out of fear that I've hanged myself.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: fastFWD, Deleted member 1465 and Sensei
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020

True. I always thought that. Or, there will be time enough later. But before you know it, later is to late. Contact people who you want to contact...please..

Reactions: Sensei
thepolarbear

thepolarbear

'til we die
Dec 7, 2019

They dont view us as friends but acquaintances.

moonsafari

moonsafari

ヾ(•ω•`)/ [F/18]
Mar 30, 2020

Ah, I've been there before. I feel like people like me who are always the first to initiate conversation must think there's something wrong with us. I might be uninteresting to people, perhaps.

Reactions: Myforevercharlie