opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Ehhhh, Seriously? Mods? Hello, my friends? Can we get some insight please? Like, what do we need to do, in order to access chat again? Yes, a lot of us are active on forums and read through them and participate, however, the live chat is of great value, particularly to those of us who may be on the fence...
if they lay out the exact requirements as stated upthread it would completely defeat the purpose of changing them to prevent bad actors and trolls.

Reactions: astr4
K

Kaycee

Oct 29, 2021
i understand the decision to do this, but I do miss the chat function! Will need to post more to get my access back

Reactions: singingcrow
deathnoted

deathnoted

May 23, 2024
Aw man :( just came online after weeks, was really missing the people in chat

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Bubble4246, lynnschronicles, norkz and 1 other person
norkz

norkz

Jun 28, 2024
I mean it's nice to have a control on it but I personally don't like participating very much in threads and stuff I would read them but barely answer. I guess I'll have to do it in order to unlock the chat F šŸ« 

• Aww..
Reactions: VI48, ImsooDone1N, Bubble4246 and 2 others
Anathemaā„¢

Anathemaā„¢

Lurking
Feb 9, 2022
I see, I understand the reasoning behind this though I'm not really the most social, I suppose I'll be absent for quite a while from chat

• Love
Reactions: zeropercentangel, Melly and lynnschronicles
Melly

Melly

Pain receptacle
Aug 13, 2019
I'm really distressed over not having access to chat anymore. I always pop in when I'm having some sort of crisis and need company asap. I'm also shy about posting on this forum because I am sort of paranoid about my personal information. Don't know how to cope with this right now

• Hugs
Reactions: zeropercentangel, ImsooDone1N and lynnschronicles
itswhatits

itswhatits

it won't give up, it wants me dead
Sep 12, 2024
That's a shame, I was looking forward to talking to people on there. Oh well, guess it's just a matter of patience.

• Hugs
Reactions: Melly and lynnschronicles
DavideKals

DavideKals

A living disappointment
Jun 16, 2023
Thanks, I actually didn't realise that it was being trolled, but then, I only pop into chat for a few minutes to say hello.
Yeah, I usually do the same from time to time... Kind of surprised and confused that I couldn't find the chat.

• Hugs
Reactions: Melly
Bubble4246

Bubble4246

Wandering Shadow
Sep 11, 2024
I mean it's nice to have a control on it but I personally don't like participating very much in threads and stuff I would read them but barely answer. I guess I'll have to do it in order to unlock the chat F šŸ« 
I feel the exact same way. Come on... Thanks to the chat, within just one week on SaSu, I instantly met an amazingly supportive group. Just imagine how many other people are going to miss out on this because of the new requirements...

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: lynnschronicles, ImsooDone1N and Melly
nottinghams

nottinghams

Official Written Apology for Being a Buzzkill
Apr 15, 2024
if they lay out the exact requirements as stated upthread it would completely defeat the purpose of changing them to prevent bad actors and trolls.
im so confused, is this live chat the same one in the upper right corner next to the search bar? it has remained for me if so.

Mitch3ll

Mitch3ll

Jul 4, 2024
I have no idea what's going on with chats, because of my eyesight and my learning disability, but i joined. Didn't have it, made some posts, then it appeared, then it disappeared. Honestly having it taken away from me just a few days before my scheduled bus has been a huge hit emotionally. This should be the one place that has some stability and consistency. Ahh well.

• Love
Reactions: lynnschronicles
sweetcreep

sweetcreep

Jul 21, 2024
i've been away for a few days, i did notice some strange prolife comments around the forums before that though. makes sense that it would have crossed over into the chat. i never popped in, but i was planning to when i was ready for more socializing. i personally don't mind it, but i do think many people would have appreciated a notice of a huge change like that instead of being noticed after the fact. i'm hoping it'll help things in the long run for this community thought.

TraumaEscapee:)

TraumaEscapee:)

I hate my birth family
Apr 30, 2023
I received some messages recently from members asking why they are unable to enter chat. We changed the requirements to enter chat to prevent trolls and alt-accounts from entering chats easily and pursuing malicious goals. Thanks for your understanding and I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused to all people who already had access to chat but I can assure that if you keep being active on the site, you'll gain access to chat again in no time. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message.

Sincerely,
RainAndSadness
I dont have access to my chat anymore either
From what Rain said, I'm assuming it means people need to be more active on the site? But I could be wrong. I have access to my chat.