Votes: 2 9.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
I feel pretty stuck. Maybe shrooms might help me.
I already had 3 grams of shrooms at hand before chickening out and starting antidepressants and not having a final trip.
I think I'm going to eat them today. On antidepressants and all. Fuck it.

I had HPPD. I'd rather get HPPD again then give up on life so soon.

I also tripped twice on shrooms in the past. One left me all fuzzy and feeling good after, the other left my paranoid and erratic for at least four months. Bad trip.
Also tripped on LSA (Hawaiian Woodrose). Much more of a mental trip, gave me HPPD. Fun.

What about y'all?

• Hugs
Reactions: LittleJem, The anhedonic one and alonely
alonely

alonely

exists by being merely labeled
Jul 1, 2023
I've had truffles several times - same drug, but it's like the root instead of the shroom, I think less potent. For me, always a positive experience and it helped make my depression bearable for a few months before I needed them again. To get the most out of it try to go into it with a positive mindset if you can, and be open to whatever experience comes your way, don't try to control where it takes you or be resistant if it doesn't go the way you wanted it to. If you can, I'd say try to be in nature and do it during the day, sunlight and brightness in my experience has always been better than nighttime trips. You might feel some anxiety in the first 30 mins or so but try to just be aware of it and let it pass, in general during a trip try to let anything negative pass through rather than holding onto it. If you can't be in nature maybe try to have some things lined up for you to do or look at or listen to, and water nearby. Food/sugar can lessen the trip and end it early, so good to have something on hand in case the trip starts turning for the worse. It's easier to have this all prepared and easy to access if you need it rather than doing it during the trip.

Just my experience mixed in with advice from the nice people who worked in the drug shops. Definitely do your own research and check any interactions with medications and check the dosage for what you want. I've heard good things about microdosing too, but never tried that myself.

If you take them, have a nice trip :)

• Love
Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV) and The anhedonic one
trustissues

trustissues

heaven sent, hell bound
Jul 1, 2023
I've done LSD several times in the past and it's always been a good experience for me. It's the only thing that lets me escape the world for a little while, super enlightening.
Last time I tripped tho was over a year ago and I just recently started taking antidepressants. Been waiting for the right time to take my last tabs - is it bad tripping while on antidepressants?? I gotta do my homework lmao.

• Hugs
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
be careful with drugs while on antidepressants you could get serotonin syndrome which can be incredibly painful/fatal. definitely research how your medication will effect it.

• Informative
TemporaryJob

TemporaryJob

Jun 30, 2023
I did shrooms and felt totally at peace, like never before. But as i came down i became super depressed. Doing stuff like that always makes me think a lot so id say it's a positive outcome as self reflection is important.

The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
I took a huge dose of magic mushrooms when I was 14. I didn't really know what I was doing and had never tripped before.
It messed my life up in a major league way.
Yet, I don't see a problem with things like microdosing to treat depression etc.

• Hugs
Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV)
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
Update, had a nice evening :)

Split my 3g with a friend, 2g for me and 1g for them, and lemon tek'd the shrooms. Had a nice slow walk in the park, saw some pretty patterns, possibly with a newfound appreciation for the small things in life.

Is it bad tripping while on antidepressants?? I gotta do my homework lmao.

Depends. I did a quick google search and I got the impression that tryptamines (like shrooms) should be fine, the phenethlamines (like DMT) should be avoided.

I was probably safe from serotonin syndrom and only needed to worry if the antidepressants would dampen the experience. If they did, I didn't mind, I got enough.
be careful with drugs while on antidepressants you could get serotonin syndrome which can be incredibly painful/fatal. definitely research how your medication will effect it.

Agree! Using drugs should always come after research on what you're expecting, the pros and cons and possible issues. I did a quick search and I think I was not at risk at all.

• Love
Reactions: cgrtt.brns and alonely