Have you ever missed school/work because of your mood?

• Yes

Votes: 92 92.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 7.1%

• Total voters
Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
I've missed the last 25 years because of my mood
Jobs, college, home life, kid time, marriage.
Talk about a failure and need a reference.
Look me up and I'll give you all details.

Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae, Redt2go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
Weeping Garbage Can

Weeping Garbage Can

ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਭੁੱਲ ਜਾਓ ❤️
Oct 31, 2018
I don't allow myself to take any breaks/skip school as I want everyone to think I'm as alright as possible :,}

Reactions: Circles, Tragoedia Vitae, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
Ali

Ali

No exist
Dec 5, 2018
fucking yes, college, jobs, currently I just have to lose my life (read with sarcasm)

Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, 15dec and 1 other person
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
My entire senior year of college I almost never went to classes. And a lot of my work since then has involved being alone in labs or in isolated facilities. I can go many months without ever speaking.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Tragoedia Vitae, Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
I didn't go to school for 2 weeks and lied to my parents.
And then I went to mental hospital and missed the end of the semester.

Somehow though, maybe because they felt sorry for me, I passed all my classes :) hehe

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Tragoedia Vitae, Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
Tabbyql

Tabbyql

Chronic people pleaser
Mar 13, 2019
I pretended to go to college for a whole year. I just walked around 8 hours a day, 5 days a week hiding. then went home and lied I had been there to my parents. They only found out the last week, because my dad rang college up and asked when my exams would finish so he could take me out for an end of exams meal. I try my hardest in every job, but it gets so hard to go out. I end up dropping out. I don't want to be a failure.

• Wow
Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae, Wolfjob_dayjob, FTL.Wanderer and 1 other person
C

Cookiedough8956

Wowzers
Feb 24, 2019
Hell yea. Middle school- shit ton of absences, H.S- even worse- they were threatening to hold me back. And college, dropped out entirely.

Regret college but fuck it now

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Tragoedia Vitae, Wolfjob_dayjob and 2 others
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
I pretended to go to college for a whole year. I just walked around 8 hours a day, 5 days a week hiding. then went home and lied I had been there to my parents. They only found out the last week, because my dad rang college up and asked when my exams would finish so he could take me out for an end of exams meal. I try my hardest in every job, but it gets so hard to go out. I end up dropping out. I don't want to be a failure.

College was hell for me. I had very early morning and late evening lab classes. And after night labs, I'd hide out in my dorm's basement (smelled awful, rats...) working on problem sets until 3AM. I had no friends and walked around campus in a haze marveling at all the statuesque, popular, well-adjusted people. I felt like a dog turd baking in the hot sun on an asphalt sidewalk. The only reason I was able to get through it was my major allowed me not to have to speak to anyone--not even faculty. I missed a lot of classes, preferring to stay in the darkest, biggest, most anonymous libraries on campus. We had this one big library with attic "stacks" that even in the summer were dark, shadowy... College is a place for popular people. Or at least normal people. If high school is bad with all its social drama, college can be downright awful. People may stop physically attacking you, but then they go out of their way to let you know at every opportunity that you're worth less than the mud they scrape off the bottom of their shoes. And you realize, then, that that's the way the real world works.

Last edited:
Reactions: Divine Trinity, Tabbyql, NumbItAll and 2 others
T

time2go

Student
Mar 5, 2019
During school I pulled as many sickies as possible. Normally on days where we would have to do a class presentation.

College was similar, I'm just came and went as I pleased. Still finished top of my class.

Works abit harder as I work for my dad. But apart from the past few months my life was great and I didn't feel the need too hide. But at the start of this year I had too take a week off after abit of a mental breakdown.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Tragoedia Vitae and Wolfjob_dayjob
P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
I skipped University classes because of my depression and anxiety and I failed out. Huge waste of money.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N and NumbItAll
TheNorthernSilence

TheNorthernSilence

Arcanist
Nov 13, 2018
I don't remember such event but I feel like I should have anyway because being too conscientious is what messed me up.

Reactions: Redt2go
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I had like 20-30 absences senior year of HS, then withdrew a month into college because of constant panic attacks. Then a few years later dropped out again from online classes due to lack of interest / depression. It somewhat worked out because I eventually got a degree the cheap/easy way. Still haven't done anything with it though.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N and Circles
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
When I was in college I had such bad depression and depersonalization and I didn't go to school for a little while.

Reactions: Eeyore
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
I skipped University classes because of my depression and anxiety and I failed out. Huge waste of money.

Is it OK for me to ask what you've been doing since? You can PM me. I might even have some ideas for you. Peace.

Eeyore

Eeyore

Aug 4, 2018
Currently in college and I am skipping most of the classes.

Reactions: Santiago
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
I missed school and a lot of your stories here and around the forum bring back hellish memories. I get the mental version of that feeling I get in my legs when watching videos of people falling especially around pools. There has been a LONG era of having a place to live become destabilized while working full time usually involving roommates or a horrific increase in rent, which then causes work to fall through. There's also work just falling apart but falling apart at work is probably my favorite because at least it's a calculated and cathartic fury.
As I read your post, I can't help but picture you living in London.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Yes it effected me at jobs. I would call in often lol!

Reactions: ImsooDone1N
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
Yes, holy shit yes!!!
Peace/hugs...DEATH!!!!!!!!!

ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
It's severely effected not just my presence /performance in school & jobs, but also in many other areas of my life. And I feel like it's getting worse now.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Weeping Garbage Can and Nem
Woodnote

Woodnote

Goodbye
Oct 23, 2019
Yes. I missed a lot of school as a kid. One year I got in a lot of trouble for missing over 100 days. So I missed almost the whole year. Then I did high school online at home. I dropped out of college because of my anxiety. I don't miss work simply just because I can't afford to. So I just suck it up even if I'm spending most of the day hiding out crying.

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
This is how we know for sure that it's not us that is the problem it's the system lol! We have designed a system where many of us frequently try to avoid terrible environments like school and bad jobs lol! Jus kiddin! Might have partial truth though.

TearyEyedQueen

TearyEyedQueen

In the wrong timeline
Nov 14, 2019
A few lectures at Uni but those prticular ones were kind of useless and the professor doesn't mark attendance anyway.