S

Stinger4771

It's never too late. Unless you’re dead.
Jul 26, 2023
I think this is what's really been playing on my mind. I dread my work. My laptop. The calls. I don't know why. It's not hard work. It's pretty much the job I always wanted. But I don't get anything out of it. I don't feel like I'm contributing anything of value to humanity. I'm just doing the minimum for a comfortable existance for myself. I can't enjoy time to myself knowing I will have to get back to work. So I drink, eat, wank, watch tv. I've even lost the energy for hobbies. I want this cycle to end. But quitting is terrifying. I have bills to pay. And knowing myself, I won't find another income source any time soon. I just feel trapped.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Vicolo cieco, Forever Sleep, annointed_towers and 2 others
sugarh1gh

sugarh1gh

Death is new departure and beggining of a journey.
May 27, 2024
I feel you. I am having a burn out phrase and want to rest as well, but I am scared of not being able to pay for the bills. They advise people who have burn out to rest, but life is not that easy I guess.

Is there any part time job that you can get, so you can work minimum time and have enough money to pay bill?

S

Stinger4771

It's never too late. Unless you’re dead.
Jul 26, 2023
Is there any part time job that you can get, so you can work minimum time and have enough money to pay bill?
Living is so expensive right now. I'm lucky though, I have enough savings to survive for a good while. I think I'd have to move into a house share, live more frugally and then make some connections before I could find some way of making money I could care about. And until I've done that, quitting seems insecure.

Reactions: sugarh1gh
sugarh1gh

sugarh1gh

Death is new departure and beggining of a journey.
May 27, 2024
Living is so expensive right now. I'm lucky though, I have enough savings to survive for a good while. I think I'd have to move into a house share, live more frugally and then make some connections before I could find some way of making money I could care about. And until I've done that, quitting seems insecure.
That sounds like a plan. I hope the transition goes smoothly and get you some rest.