ctbsurvivor<3

ctbsurvivor<3

Audhd Chronic Pain Robot
Feb 28, 2023
It's entirely a mixed bag.

Rehabilitation after his attempt was a hugely positive experience for my partner and is a big reason why he's still here almost a decade later.

For another close friend though, her week-long stay after her first attempt was mostly miserable and may have contributed to her trying again and succeeding a few months later.

• Hugs
Reactions: chloramine
mrkillmyself

mrkillmyself

if only it were that easy
Feb 25, 2023
I spent 1 week on one(that's probably way less them most people in the thread), and i really liked it. I don't feel really "sedated" with the meds, they actually make me feel better. I was on deep depression, couldn't even talk for 5min without crying, and with the meds, i was doing ok. It's not like, idk, being high or something like that, but it helps to go back to when you're chilling.

cristaleyez

cristaleyez

xe/they/it
Feb 21, 2023
The only thing that surprises me in your message is "1-2 group sessions a day" 🤨. During my stays in psychiatric wards, there was no such things as "group sessions". I would only see a psychiatrist inconsistently, once or twice a week on average, and that's it. The rest of the time, they'd feed you (with terrible food btw) and give you enough sedatives so that they can have some peace. Extreme boredom indeed. At least you have all the time to ruminate on how you should not have failed your suicide attempt and how you're going to convince doctors that you feel better thanks to their pills and imprisonment treatments.
I suppose I was quite lucky to have sessions at all. Although they were not that impressive and only lasted 30 minutes to an hour.
Lol. The food was terrible for me as well. For some reason though, the children's psych ward food was delicious. I'm a picky eater but even other patients said it was terrible. The joy I'd have upon seeing a seemingly delicious treat on the menu like pancakes, only to taste them and...they're garbage.

But yeah. It was always fine convincing doctors you're fine to leave earlier. All the things that do keep me alive most times aren't in a psych ward. My grandma, my dogs, my friends. It's all ripped away from me there. Then I just want to die more. Oh, but I'm fine, and should definitely be sent home.
Can't wait to probably end up there again.

Reactions: chloramine and d3c96524be95
GRIM_DEADMAN

GRIM_DEADMAN

Dead Man Walking
Feb 14, 2023
The experience of being in the hospital sucked, but there was some peace in the chaos that happened every day there.
There's a routine which can be helpful sometimes, and enough free time to just read the day away.
The only thing I really learned that was worthwhile was how to meditate, which calms down my anxiety.

hopefully

hopefully

wishing i had a cat
Mar 8, 2023
I was voluntarily hospitalized last year for 3 days and they kept me on the same meds/dosage I was on. I definitely did NOT like being there, but it did serve as a good wake up call and set me on a straight path for a small amount of time. I did like that they had coloring books and colored pencils which I spent as much time doing as I could.

A

anon_

Mar 7, 2023
I've had great success with residential treatment. It's not fun, but it took me from being disabled to functioning. Inpatient is fine it's not horrible but I haven't been to all of them obviously. The two hospitals I went to were fine and helped me build a clinical support network.