• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
This is an issue I feel only very few people have struggled with, or perhaps more but are not willing to talk about

I think when most people think of bullying, they imagine mean girls, kids getting beat up, teased, etc. It is something that happens commonly middle school and elementary, and high school as well. It is then believed that when one steps into the doors of college or higher education that people are generally more mature

I think this is true, to an extent. But I have also witness a lot of immaturity. Bullying amongst people and some I have received myself. And sexual abuse. Experiences that only exasperated my suicidal thoughts and impacted my mental health negatively. I even wondered "if I killed myself would the headlines be 'death due to college bullies/abuse?'"

It feels isolating as it feels that I am on an island with this experience. It brings forth the feeling that I am just "unlucky" without anyone to relate to me

Though I say this and am assuming I won't hear much in return I will ask anyways. Has anyone related to such an experience in higher education? Thank you.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: the_path_of_sorrows, BougainvilleaBlooms, Journeytoletgo and 6 others
I

its impossible

Oct 24, 2020
i got verbally abused at my last job

• Hugs
Reactions: BougainvilleaBlooms and Water-Lily
Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
I am sorry to hear about thta. Bullying exists also beyond college as well. It breaks my heart that, we expect people to become mature as they get older. But I feel many are the opposite.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sprite_Geist and its impossible
SadJessu

SadJessu

Just tired.
Aug 17, 2020
Yes. I had to get first aid certified for the completion of my program, the professor was very confrontational and aggressive, many of us were taken aback by it. On our test day we had to simulate CPR on a mannequin, we went in one after the other to do this alone with the professor. I have Autism and I'm pretty unsure of myself and soft spoken, when I went in I wasn't loud enough for his liking. He yelled at me, told me the person would die as I went through the motions. He told me to look him in the eyes and I said that it was very difficult for me because I was autistic. He tossed me instructions and said 'well, you can read can't you? Or can you?' I started to cry and he just stared. I finished and ended up sitting in the bathroom self harming before I could leave.

The next day one of my professors told me that the aggressive one said that he was sorry. I thought it was weird that he wouldn't say it to my face because I was meant to return the next day, but I figured it was alright because at least this meant it was over.

The next class he was so much worse, in class he made a note to tell me to look him in the eye every time I had to answer a question. I reminded him that I had autism, he said 'ok, whatever, I don't care.' Me being me, I couldn't hold back tears, I was so embarrassed. I wanted to leave, I should have left.

I passed my final with a 100/100 and he actually congratulated me. This experience was one of the ones that still bothers me when I can't sleep. Professors use their credentials to be terrible people, I've seen it often.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: BougainvilleaBlooms, cassie, MindFrog and 2 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
No. I got bullied at school and high school but not at college/university. If I were to guess, I think people get way too busy with their lives at college/university to bully people. Or maybe I'm just too invisible at university to get bullied. Though I was also equally invisible at school and still got bullied so I don't know.

I wouldn't be surprised if I were to get bullied in the future as I'm literally the perfect victim for a bully to exploit. I'm quiet and I don't really have any strength to tell anybody about it so they'd get away with it easily and I express my weakness even more the more I get bullied

Edit: I didn't realise this was a 2 year old thread. Sorry

S

sad_rock

Student
Aug 27, 2023
Yes. I had to get first aid certified for the completion of my program, the professor was very confrontational and aggressive, many of us were taken aback by it. On our test day we had to simulate CPR on a mannequin, we went in one after the other to do this alone with the professor. I have Autism and I'm pretty unsure of myself and soft spoken, when I went in I wasn't loud enough for his liking. He yelled at me, told me the person would die as I went through the motions. He told me to look him in the eyes and I said that it was very difficult for me because I was autistic. He tossed me instructions and said 'well, you can read can't you? Or can you?' I started to cry and he just stared. I finished and ended up sitting in the bathroom self harming before I could leave.

The next day one of my professors told me that the aggressive one said that he was sorry. I thought it was weird that he wouldn't say it to my face because I was meant to return the next day, but I figured it was alright because at least this meant it was over.

The next class he was so much worse, in class he made a note to tell me to look him in the eye every time I had to answer a question. I reminded him that I had autism, he said 'ok, whatever, I don't care.' Me being me, I couldn't hold back tears, I was so embarrassed. I wanted to leave, I should have left.

I passed my final with a 100/100 and he actually congratulated me. This experience was one of the ones that still bothers me when I can't sleep. Professors use their credentials to be terrible people, I've seen it often.
that is so f*ckin messed up of him im so sorry. hopefully karma gets in his way.

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
These old posts getting resurfaced always confuse me, but this is a good topic.

Isolation in school fucked me up when I was younger and probably contributed to why I am here. I haven't experienced that in college, rather there's just this air of "I will talk to you as a friend but only out of convenience" with everyone I interact with. Not bullying per say, but it's mentally torturous in its own way.

suicidesheep31.1

suicidesheep31.1

hurt by life
Aug 7, 2022
I was during the primary school and college a bit

L0nely

L0nely

Deeming that I were better dead
Oct 28, 2023
I got bullied by few of my teachers in high-school

February

February

A man with a wounded heart & a broken dream
Oct 1, 2023
There were plenty of times throughout elementary, middle, and high school but the two times I tried to college I think it was more of just being invisible and alone no matter how hard you try to socialize with others. It just felt like they didn't really give a shit and just could not accept me into their groups no matter what. I think it honestly still happens at big and small colleges but in my experiences it did not and I was not able to be there as long to experience this as my grades and mental/physical health deteriorated greatly at that point.

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Unfortunately there are many workplace environments out in the world that are cancerous... and society wonders why more people do not want to work any more.

I am sorry to hear about thta. Bullying exists also beyond college as well. It breaks my heart that, we expect people to become mature as they get older. But I feel many are the opposite.
Your post is relatable and true. I am not trying to "nitpick", but I think people mostly do become "mature" only in the sense of taking on responsibilities which society expects them to. In terms of general behavior though - i.e.: empathy and kindness - this does not always develop in some people.

As I like to say: people do not grow up. They just grow old. This is probably a generalization, but I still think it is useful sometimes.