• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
I have kind of found it at times. Sadly it seems really hard to find and that among other reasons makes me want to ctb.
Happiness is a fool's ambition.

I'm far more in-line with Buddhist teachings.

Buddhism teaches that existence is suffering, we should help one another minimize eachothers suffering, and we should strive for enlightenment.

Enlightenment is not about happiness or sadness it's about truth.
I can see why other people would think like that, but to me that's just incredibly depressing and if that's how id see the world, id probably ctb. I mean I will still probably ctb, but that's for other reasons.
Yeah, meditated my way into feeling love and stuff. This was in 2017 I think. Now it's laughter and pain that makes up 100% of my existence.
How did you meditate? Did you just stay still and try not to think about anything? Because that's my understanding of meditation and I can't see any advantage to doing that.

Reactions: Judah
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
I found it a couple of times but it fades over time, I guess a million dollar bag would make it last longer

Promortalist_

Promortalist_

Celebrate Death Mourn Life
Jul 5, 2021
For me happiness is when there is no more senseless suffering for all living entities on this plane of existence. So no, I have never been happy.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: OceanBlue and demuic
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
How did you meditate? Did you just stay still and try not to think about anything? Because that's my understanding of meditation and I can't see any advantage to doing that.
There are many kinds, I have a few custom made meditations that have had some effects on me in the past. The simplest one is to not move voluntarily for a long period of time and using whatever technique you need to get it done.

CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
There are many kinds, I have a few custom made meditations that have had some effects on me in the past. The simplest one is to not move voluntarily for a long period of time and using whatever technique you need to get it done.
How does that help with anything and isn't that just insanely boring? I don't mean to be rude, I just don't get it.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
How does that help with anything and isn't that just insanely boring? I don't mean to be rude, I just don't get it.
Not sure why that'd be rude, you can google the benefits of meditation if you want. Iirc they include reduced stress levels and an increased pain tolerance. To me those two are a joke compared to what can actually be obtained by an adaptive practice and "big motivation".

I had several experiences that only could have come from prolonged and relatively consistent meditation, nothing weird or magical but big changes in perspective.

Reactions: CoolGuy9
Jumping_realms

Jumping_realms

★☆★ ☠️★☆★
Jul 4, 2021
I fooled myself into trying to be happy, and play the role, but not at all. Never genuinely "happy".

I likely will die, never looking for "happiness" again. I become more of an antinatalist and nihilist by the day. I wish I could be a happy nihilist like many claim they are, but I see humans as an Earthly parasite or virus(including me, of course.)

intr0verse

intr0verse

Experienced
Jan 29, 2021
Some people have found happiness. It came in 2x100ml bottles.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
FohPah

FohPah

Student
Dec 7, 2019
I don't know if I'd call it "happiness" but I've found a lot of emotional relief and peace very recently. It feels like a weight has been lifted. A "nothing left to lose" kind of feeling. Still not much interest in life, though.

CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
Not sure why that'd be rude, you can google the benefits of meditation if you want. Iirc they include reduced stress levels and an increased pain tolerance. To me those two are a joke compared to what can actually be obtained by an adaptive practice and "big motivation".

I had several experiences that only could have come from prolonged and relatively consistent meditation, nothing weird or magical but big changes in perspective.
Just making sure to not accidentally come off as rude. Id like to try meditation, but I don't have the patience for it.

Freelyffe88

Freelyffe88

Jun 28, 2021
At one time or another most of us have found happiness, it's just a slippery little bastard!

Reactions: Promortalist_