StaringIntoAnAbyss

StaringIntoAnAbyss

Is it all just a quantum dream ?
Aug 23, 2023
Hey I'm curious about anyone's experience if there is anyone about cutting through an artery or blood vessel in general. Hopefully leaving soon and if hanging doesn't work ik just gonna stab my neck or something but would like to know how to feels, anyone ?

A

Arcitect

Oct 22, 2023
I've tried. It hurts alot (wrist anyways). If someone here actually split an artery I think their only chance of survival would've been either applying pressure, or a torniquet. Can't torniquet your neck (and survive) though. >︿<

TraumaEscapee:)

TraumaEscapee:)

I hate my birth family
Apr 30, 2023
Hey I'm curious about anyone's experience if there is anyone about cutting through an artery or blood vessel in general. Hopefully leaving soon and if hanging doesn't work ik just gonna stab my neck or something but would like to know how to feels, anyone ?
Cutting or severing an artery will not necessarily kill you, it depends on which Artery, whether the artery is completely cut through or just partially cut.

In either case there will be blood loss, inside the body and not obvious or bright red blood will be seen on the outside of the body that usually seems to pulse.

In the event of a complete sever the body has certain defence mechanisms the main one being that the cut ends of the artery will slightly retract into the surrounding muscles and this actually partially seals the artery and helps to control the bleeding. This doesn't happen if the artery is only partially cut.

However the usual cause of death from a severed or partially severed artery is called exsanguination or bleeding out. Depend on which artery is cut and what help is available this can occur in as little as 12 seconds or take several hours. There is also an exceedingly high rate of the liklihood of permanent disability arising from the partial severing of an artery. The question is, how would you feel if you survived the method and were left permanently disabled? I have a habit of slashing myself where my arteries are but I don't ever go deep enough to touch the arteries because I would never want to live with a permanent disability given the low chance of suicide by artery slashing.

Reactions: MiMif and Nx7