• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

SketchedOut

SketchedOut

compulsory breathing torture (cbt)
Oct 9, 2023
i've recently read somewhere that you can kill yourself by simply drinking saltwater. i believe 0.5-1g of tablesalt per kg of body weight should be enough to be lethal, and so now I'm wondering if anyone here has tried it. what was the result? why did you fail? was it painful? how did you feel during it? or do you know of any studies discussing this?

Enigma the orange

Enigma the orange

Death is the gateway to peace
Feb 23, 2024
i've recently read somewhere that you can kill yourself by simply drinking saltwater. i believe 0.5-1g of tablesalt per kg of body weight should be enough to be lethal, and so now I'm wondering if anyone here has tried it. what was the result? why did you fail? was it painful? how did you feel during it? or do you know of any studies discussing this?
When you consume too much saltwater, the concentration of salt in your blood rises. This condition, known as hypernatremia, leads the body to try to dilute the excess salt by pulling water out of cells and into the bloodstream. This process can cause cells to shrink and malfunction, particularly in the brain, leading to symptoms like confusion, seizures, and in severe cases, death.

Furthermore, the kidneys, which are responsible for filtering out excess salt, can become overwhelmed. This can lead to dehydration, as the body attempts to expel the salt through urine, but at the expense of losing too much water. Severe dehydration can cause organs to fail, which can also be fatal.

The exact amount of saltwater that can lead to death varies depending on several factors, including the individual's health, size, and how quickly the saltwater is consumed.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, vak and 1 other person
S

soleil

Apr 28, 2023
I've done a salt water flush for the laxative effect and took a little extra to test if I could handle SN. It was probably 2 tablespoons and I vomited almost instantly.. it's not reliable.

BorderlineChellery

BorderlineChellery

I was never meant for this life...
Feb 19, 2024
I've drank salt water before, I managed around a pint, half an hour later I brought it all back up. I spent a good hour after wretching, my stomach was sore for a good few days

heliophobic

heliophobic

Memento Mori
Jan 29, 2024
I don't recommend salt poisoning. There was thing called Jilly Juice some years back, maybe it still exists? Well, it had an insane amount of salt in it and you know what a ton of salt usually does? It makes you have a stroke.

BrainShower

BrainShower

Tiny storm
Nov 7, 2023

So I would have to drink 100 tablespoons of salt? That does not seem feasible in any way

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I don't recommend salt poisoning. There was thing called Jilly Juice some years back, maybe it still exists? Well, it had an insane amount of salt in it and you know what a ton of salt usually does? It makes you have a stroke.
Do people usually die from strokes? I'd be okay with having one if it meant that I would die from it

Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
For my hypoglycemia I was told to take more salt among other things (I did everything and nothing worked but I didn't take the increased salt because I didn't want to focus too much on the diet part), in a moment where I was feeling a lot of pain and not thinking straight I decided to just take all the salt I had at once because I stupidly believed that it would ease my pain a bit. I ended up passing out and then waking up and puking everything in my system out.

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
Do people usually die from strokes? I'd be okay with having one if it meant that I would die from it
Young people don't die easily from strokes so you'll end up just having mental and physical damage from that. But you won't even end up as a total vegetable maybe just some impaired functions.

• Aww..
Reactions: BrainShower and sserafim
tunnelV

tunnelV

Misanthrope is my religion
Oct 19, 2023
No but this reminds me of a woman who did mukbangs on YouTube. She drank a gallon of pickle juice + the pickles. Which resulted in her being hospitalized and almost near brain damage. She survived.

I dont like these unsure things. Imagine doing the salt method, ending up with brain damage. Not being suicidal anymore because you don't remember nor are you as clever as before the brain damage to even come up with such a plan.