• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Yes I did. I told 3 therapists that I visit a suicide forum. Though not the name of it.
The reactions were heterogeneous. When I was acute suicidal they wanted me to stay offline.
My current psychiatrist was not really happy about it. I think she dislikes suicide forums.
I told it my last therapist two times. The first time he did not understand why I visit it. The second time (I think he forgot it in the meanwhile) he was supportive and did not consider it problematic. I explained that this forum helps me with loneliness, that I can cope with suicidality better because of it etc. I have made a long thread about it I think. I won't go into more details here.

Last edited:
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Therapy is a big scam!

You answer their questions and they send you to the loony bin or make you pay for icky pills!
Personally therapy has helped me. I had some incompetent therapists but others were really helpful and engaged.

Also the clinic stays were relieving. For me personally I had to learn to cooperate with them. If you go voluntarily you have more freedom. This is why I could go to a clinic with better treament like sports or education on mental illness

Last edited:
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
Without naming the site, yes. I think your average uninformed person, which includes therapists simply has no idea what happens here. They may have heard stories about people encouraging each other to ctb etc. With this in mind I sometimes just refer to it as a mental health forum, as I can't be bothered arguing with them about it.
Yes I did. I told 3 therapists that I visit a suicide forum. Though not the name of it.
The reactions were heterogeneous. When I was acute suicidal they wanted me to stay offline.
My current psychiatrist was not really happy about it. I think she dislikes suicide forums.
I told it my last therapist two times. The first time he did not understand why I visit it. The second time (I think he forgot it in the meanwhile) he was supportive and did not consider it problematic. I explained that this forum helps me with loneliness, that I can cope with suicidality better because of it etc. I have made a long thread about it I think. I won't go into more details here.
Really pleased to hear this noname. I do the same. Therapists can be surprisingly ignorant but plenty have goodwill and are willing to listen and learn. If we frame a 'suicide site' as positive for our mental health and explain why, they should respect that and if not? On to the next. That's how I see it anyway.

Last edited:
symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
Without naming the site, yes. I think your average uninformed person, which includes therapists simply has no idea what happens here. They may have heard stories about people encouraging each other to ctb etc. With this in mind I sometimes just refer to it as a mental health forum, as I can't be bothered arguing with them about it.

Really pleased to hear this noname. I do the same. Therapists can be surprisingly ignorant but plenty have goodwill and are willing to listen and learn. If we frame a 'suicide site' as positive for our mental health and explain why, they should respect that and if not? On to the next. That's how I see it anyway.
Thanks for sharing. @noname223, I hadn't realized you'd talked about this before too.

Therapy is a big scam!

You answer their questions and they send you to the loony bin or make you pay for icky pills!
I'd be afraid I'd be sent to the mental hospital, in restraints!šŸ˜²
Both genuine fears, and yeah, I've had the hospitalization thing happen to me. But I actually have a pretty trusting relationship with my current therapist. She's not all that trigger-happy with sending people to hospitals.

That's not to say I'll necessarily actually bring SS up, though. I might, in time. We'll see. Part of me just wants to see how someone would react in real time.

Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
I think the last time I mentioned this place to a therapist, I did so vaguely under the guise that it was a "mental health support forum". It's technically not false, though it would be difficult to name drop this place and/or get into specifics. For one, I don't want to bring any more unwarranted attention to this forum. Two, there's a chance therapists would have an idea about this site. They would take it as if I'm actively planning my suicide. The worst case scenario of that is that I'll get carted away. The "best" case scenario is that they'd advise me to stay away for good. Either way, I can't win.

Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
I'm not motivated at all to say so, haha. Do you know that if I am admitted to a mental institution I lose my disability pension because they consider that my needs are already covered?
Nothing, nothing, to talk seriously with a psychiatrist or therapist in Spain is to lose everything.

//

No estic gens motivat per a dir-ho, haha. Sabeu que si m'ingressen a una instituciĆ³ mental perdo la pensiĆ³ de discapacitat perquĆØ consideren que les meves necessitats ja estĆ n cobertes?
Res, res, parlar seriosament amb un psiquiatre o terapeuta a Espanya Ć©s sortir perdent de totes totes.

C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
I did. I didn't tell her the name, but I did mention that I found a forum and a little bit about it. She was supportive of it and thought my involvement would be good. She did seem mildly alarmed when I mentioned the fact that method information was available, but we moved on quickly. I trusted her enough at that point to disclose that information though and I wouldn't have done it with some random person.

S

SarRy

Student
Oct 5, 2022
One of the worst things about therapists is that they are only human. It would seem quite natural that what is said to a therapist can be limited or worded differently depending how the patient feels with them. If the therapist has a more liberal bent, then open discussion of suicide forms and even philosophical questions might be permissible so long as they contradict no laws.

Spike Spiegel

Spike Spiegel

Sep 26, 2022
Yes I have. In my last session actually. I mentioned that when I was feeling at my lowest and most self destructive I would come to forums like these just to feel some kind of interaction with other people. My therapist was familiar with this site and others like it. They were also aware of the type of information on here. They did not discourage me from using these sites but did they were not overly happy I was on them. I suppose that was the reaction I expected, their main job is to prevent me from getting to a point where I kill my self. I do not regret telling them.

A

akirat9

ć‚Øć‚Æ惈ćƒŖć‚¢ćƒ³
Sep 23, 2022
yes and will not to a thing
the most broken still can't get a relief so I guess in away all of it is piling up for the grand finale ff6

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
NO and I NEVER EVER would.

Case in point, back in 2015, my 2nd attempt, on my last visit I mentioned, tongue and cheek, that I might do something years down the road. Well, I never will understand but when I tried the 2nd time, this was like over a week after my last visit, he got the idea somehow that something was amiss, and BANG I had cops all over my flat and me. Then started the very long journey of hospital and court system.

So, tell anyone in the profession about SS, heck NO!

Also, they never either would or want to understand why I NEED SS.

Walter
I did. I didn't tell her the name, but I did mention that I found a forum and a little bit about it. She was supportive of it and thought my involvement would be good. She did seem mildly alarmed when I mentioned the fact that method information was available, but we moved on quickly. I trusted her enough at that point to disclose that information though and I wouldn't have done it with some random person.
You really made my day so much better! Your post is just so lovely and heartwarming for me. I wish I had the same soul as you to talk with, so, so wonderful!

Thank you!

Walter

Last edited:
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
I mentioned it without naming it. Told her there's methods but I get an outlet where I can interact with people who are in the same boat and it's a good outlet to let steam off. She wasn't thrilled but also understood why I was here. She just warned me that sites can become pools that draw you in and if you're in a bad mindset it can lead to bad consequences. I got that and her concern so no problem.

slushy

slushy

Feb 19, 2022
You should not be talking about this site with anyone outside of the site. You'll draw more unwelcome attention. At least don't mention the name

Reactions: The anhedonic one
Zegers

Zegers

Misfit
Dec 15, 2021
No but i explained my views on ctb and he understood it well, obviously he can't tell you "you're right suicide is the answer" now that i think about it, it was a bit reckless of me, if he had been pro-life he would have send me psyc ward.

Capsaicin78

Capsaicin78

Full time failure
May 4, 2022
Therapy is a big scam!

Dangerous statement imo.

Therapy can help many, many people. It's one of the -if not the best tool- we have for mental illnesses. Also sending you to "loony bin" is an US exclusive I think. My therapist for example knows im suicidal. Still she is not allowed to send me to a psychiatric facility. ( Location is Germany)

SectOfValtiel

SectOfValtiel

Attendant of God
Nov 7, 2022
Ive only been here for a bit now but I have an appointment with mine in a few days, so
Ive definitely been thinking about it
There is a sense of comfort in seeing all these people dealing with the same issues as you and actually being able to talk to them about it
I dont feel like a burden when I open up here, I know hed see the value in that, especially when Im not talking to literally anyone else about these things and havent been able to in years

At the same time, my therapist still probably doesnt know I want to CTB in the first place, just that Ive thought about it
I used to say I didnt think I was capable but I never really said how much I wish I could, or just how much I really do consider it

I just know that if I did thatd be a major red-flag thing to say out of the blue and I dont really want to be hospitalized

FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
Not a therapist, but I did tell a friend about the site. And also sent screenshots of stuff I wrote when I was down bad. They were pretty understanding, a bit scared, but I brushed it off because I'm a "forum kid". I really do like the forum format šŸ¤·

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
For me, If I feel the need to tell anyone, and I did tell a prior therapist, I use the vague "on the web", never naming the site directly. There is a podcast called Suicide Noted that I've brought up by name with them but it's in the open so no point being sly about it. Anything else, SS, chats, etc is all "the web/online". Sometimes it's hard to get across what you're doing or talking about without some mention of the method (talked to a friend, phone call, online, snail mail, etc).

M

Moonomyth

Student
Feb 6, 2020
I'd rather not take the risk unless and until the therapist knew I was chronically rather than acutely suicidal. Even then, I'm sure I would couch it in as many positive terms ("I stay in the Recovery section") and false promises ("I'm stepping away from it soon") as I could.

bbveevee

bbveevee

vacant body
Jul 3, 2023
No, I don't want to be stuck in a mental hospital. Also I'm scared that they'll tell my parents and then I'll have to have supervision and password like I did as a child and this forum is the only semblance of a support system I have so far.
hey, i'm a med student going into psychiatry, i'm pretty sure they wont talk to your parents about it even if you are a minor, and you won't be sent to a MH for suicidal ideation

Reactions: Dead Ghost