A

audison

Jun 29, 2023
Might delete this. It's kind of a funny story on paper but I was a kid I accidentally hanged myself on a shower hose while being dramatic. probably out curiousity too. Cant remember exactly what happened that day but I did not go in with any intention of hurting myself, nor did I know it could. But anyway, the last thing I remember was getting this tingly sensation in my head and my vision getting spotty (like the visual personification of pins and needles).

Then I woke up on the floor having a stroke I think? My entire body was shaking, and while my body was aware of it when it was happening, it was only when the shaking was over could I consciously recognize what had happened. I had even hit my head, but I think I was so in shock that my body didn't even recognize the pain when I regained consciousness.

Flash forward years later and now actively suicidal, trying to experiment with hanging. Whenever I close off the arteries I start to get that shaking feeling I felt before. it last a few moments even after I stop putting pressure on them and the dizziness kind of lingers. I was wondering if anyone else experiences this full-body shaking when trying to hang themselves. I'm pretty sure it may have been a stroke, which lines up since I passed cut off cutting off circulation to the brain. But anyway I look it up and it just doesn't seem like anyone else experiences this feeling.

Curious to hear your thoughts experiences with hanging.

Last edited:
Reactions: jemetire and JussinLOV
JussinLOV

JussinLOV

Jun 28, 2023
I had a failed attempt when I was a teen doing partial suspension because of the body tremors hanging causes sometimes. Kinda morbidly ironic because I was also in the bathroom as well lmao glad it didn't cause me long-lasting damage because the shower rod broke and that thing can cave in heads ;-;

A

audison

Jun 29, 2023
I had a failed attempt when I was a teen doing partial suspension because of the body tremors hanging causes sometimes. Kinda morbidly ironic because I was also in the bathroom as well lmao glad it didn't cause me long-lasting damage because the shower rod broke and that thing can cave in heads ;-;
Hey it's actually really trippy to hear that I'm not the only one who experimented on the shower rod, LOL. Very unreliable method. Did you happen to fall backwards and hit your head too?

MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
Might delete this. It's kind of a funny story on paper but I was a kid I accidentally hanged myself on a shower hose while being dramatic. probably out curiousity too. Cant remember exactly what happened that day but I did not go in with any intention of hurting myself, nor did I know it could. But anyway, the last thing I remember was getting this tingly sensation in my head and my vision getting spotty (like the visual personification of pins and needles).

Then I woke up on the floor having a stroke I think? My entire body was shaking, and while my body was aware of it when it was happening, it was only when the shaking was over could I consciously recognize what had happened. I had even hit my head, but I think I was so in shock that my body didn't even recognize the pain when I regained consciousness.

Flash forward years later and now actively suicidal, trying to experiment with hanging. Whenever I close off the arteries I start to get that shaking feeling I felt before. it last a few moments even after I stop putting pressure on them and the dizziness kind of lingers. I was wondering if anyone else experiences this full-body shaking when trying to hang themselves. I'm pretty sure it may have been a stroke, which lines up since I passed cut off cutting off circulation to the brain. But anyway I look it up and it just doesn't seem like anyone else experiences this feeling.

I've felt the tingling but never the body stroke, but I heard it's common so nothing to worry about

Reactions: audison
JussinLOV

JussinLOV

Jun 28, 2023
Hey it's actually really trippy to hear that I'm not the only one who experimented on the shower rod, LOL. Very unreliable method. Did you happen to fall backwards and hit your head too?
I really don't remember but my head certainly hurt a bit after I came too!

ChaiTea

ChaiTea

Apr 17, 2023
ive experienced the visual pins and needles lol. i used to do it a lot for the feeling as a kid, although it probably wasnt as severe. i did not experience the shaking/stroke though. but youre not alone

CelticDeth

CelticDeth

Let me help you, let me try.
Jun 30, 2023

Tried to hang myself with my belt outside on my balcony and I did actually feel some pins and needles, however it was very quickly cut short after my belt broke and I feel landing on my fence breaking it. Went inside drank tea and went to bed.

Reactions: jussrav and audison
A

audison

Jun 29, 2023
Tried to hang myself with my belt outside on my balcony and I did actually feel some pins and needles, however it was very quickly cut short after my belt broke and I feel landing on my fence breaking it. Went inside drank tea and went to bed.
I think I did the something similar after an attempt, drank some tea went to bed and didn't think about it the next day. It's funny how even when you're at you're lowest after a failed attempt the first instinct can be just to go about life as normal?
ive experienced the visual pins and needles lol. i used to do it a lot for the feeling as a kid, although it probably wasnt as severe. i did not experience the shaking/stroke though. but youre not alone
Yeah I'm sure I'm not the only one lol. But I can't help but wonder how common it is

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: CelticDeth
jussrav

jussrav

Experienced
Sep 9, 2023
Was going to try that aswell.