• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

AR3S_

AR3S_

Forceful bliss
May 22, 2024
I am currently looking for a source as to obtain SN in the UK, but it's harder than I originally anticipated..

I've had plenty ideas as to CTB, when I was younger I, without thinking or doing any research, have tried to slit my wrists, however I was sadly found before the light went out.
I since then have played around with the idea of a hood, jumping, but eventually landed on SN to be my preferred method.

However if all else fails, I always figured VSED might be a way to CTB, however I've not seen anyone post about it. What are your thoughts?

D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
I am currently looking for a source as to obtain SN in the UK, but it's harder than I originally anticipated..

I've had plenty ideas as to CTB, when I was younger I, without thinking or doing any research, have tried to slit my wrists, however I was sadly found before the light went out.
I since then have played around with the idea of a hood, jumping, but eventually landed on SN to be my preferred method.

However if all else fails, I always figured VSED might be a way to CTB, however I've not seen anyone post about it. What are your thoughts?
VSED is near impossible. After a few days of not drinking you'll literally be licking your own sweat. The number of people who succeed with this method is minimal, although they include Noa Pothoven and Bobby Sands. Whilst I think it's unlikely you'll be able to pull it off, I would have a great respect for you if you manage it.

Reactions: set0553
Dark Window

Dark Window

Arcanist
Mar 12, 2024
Dreadful way to die.

Reactions: thebelljarrr and DepressedDude
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
What is VSED? This is 1st time I have heard that 1.

Reactions: imtiredreallytired
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
Oh. It's a hunger strike. I am actually planning to die that way. I've never heard it called VSED. Would like to know exactly what that acronym is. What the letters stand for. I have done a handful of hunger strikes. I went 6 days without eating or drinking anything which is supposed to be about as long as a person is able to. You have to be in the right mindset to do it. The hardest part is not drinking anything. You really have to be determined and best to isolate yourself because people will try to get you to eat and tempt you with food. Difficult but not impossible.

Reactions: imtiredreallytired and DepressedDude
LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
I've never heard it called VSED. Would like to know exactly what that acronym is. What the letters stand for.
Voluntarily Stopping Eating and Drinking...

• Informative
Reactions: imtiredreallytired and DepressedDude
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
Am actually planning to do it soon. The cost of everything going up with food and everything else, it really won't be entirely voluntary. The beauty of hunger strikes is that in the United States it's constitutionally protected form of protest and worldwide is globally recognized as a human right. If you really want to do it, no one has a right to stop you. It's not considered suicide legally.

Reactions: Aprilfarewell4
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
Am actually planning to do it soon. The cost of everything going up with food and everything else, it really won't be entirely voluntary. The beauty of hunger strikes is that in the United States it's constitutionally protected form of protest and worldwide is globally recognized as a human right. If you really want to do it, no one has a right to stop you. It's not considered suicide legally.
Good luck. I expect you'll fail, but it's worth a shot.

Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
If I am already going to die, I intend to indulge in all the foods and drinks I desire. Going out F-E-D! šŸ„³

• Yay!
Reactions: Artemisia, Myexit, letting it linger and 6 others
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
Once you get the search function, have a look for it. It's only really successful with hospice patients (ie terminally ill with already weakened bodies and on serious medication) and even they can take a very long time to die. Ordinarily healthy bodies do not give up very easily and unless you're extraordinarily determined or lost in a desert somewhere with no access to water or food or shelter or rescue, it's highly unlikely to succeed unless you lock yourself up in an empty room in an isolated house with no hope of being found.

(Edited for grammatical errors)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: dggtscccvfd
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
No, it would need a lot of will power, you need to be alone. Is very difficult. There have been people trying this lately and they documented their journeys (use the search). They haven't succeeded. If you're serious about CTB you can check out the Suicide Resource Compilation.

Reactions: imtiredreallytired and Ash
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
Traditional hunger strikes usually don't involve not drinking anything. It's like a liquid diet. Gandhi did a few of them and he ate salt and drank lemon juice. People can survive a long time on the liquid diet, especially if they drink healthy stuff like fruit juice, milk and Gatorade. The woman in India named irom Sharmila has the longest hunger strike record. It was like 14 or 16 years and she's still alive and ended her hunger strike a few years ago. Not eating or drinking anything is technically called a dry hunger strike and a human is only supposed to survive 3-6 days. Depending on the individual but I did it for 6 days. Didn't eat or drink anything except for the 1st 2 days I had 1 cup of coffee. I read that drinking anything with either alcohol or caffeine is not supposed to hydrate you. So i don't know if that's completely true because I didn't die. 1st 2 days: 1 cup of coffee with sugar and powdered milk. After that nothing. But I did end up getting taken to a hospital against my will and was held down and forced iv feeding on me. This is actually a human rights violation. I tried to find an attorney to sue the hospital and police department and everyone involved but I couldn't find 1 who would take the case. This time I either have to do a better job of isolating myself or i have also considered going to Mexico to do it. Also considering fentanyl or severing an artery. I gotta do something soon. I'm in a lot of pain and suffering very badly. I appreciate this site where I can talk about how I feel without fear of being hauled away to some psych hospital.
What is F-E-D? Fentanyl?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: dggtscccvfd
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
Traditional hunger strikes usually don't involve not drinking anything. It's like a liquid diet. Gandhi did a few of them and he ate salt and drank lemon juice. People can survive a long time on the liquid diet, especially if they drink healthy stuff like fruit juice, milk and Gatorade. The woman in India named irom Sharmila has the longest hunger strike record. It was like 14 or 16 years and she's still alive and ended her hunger strike a few years ago. Not eating or drinking anything is technically called a dry hunger strike and a human is only supposed to survive 3-6 days. Depending on the individual but I did it for 6 days. Didn't eat or drink anything except for the 1st 2 days I had 1 cup of coffee. I read that drinking anything with either alcohol or caffeine is not supposed to hydrate you. So i don't know if that's completely true because I didn't die. 1st 2 days: 1 cup of coffee with sugar and powdered milk. After that nothing. But I did end up getting taken to a hospital against my will and was held down and forced iv feeding on me. This is actually a human rights violation. I tried to find an attorney to sue the hospital and police department and everyone involved but I couldn't find 1 who would take the case.

Hunger strikes are political acts, and although the person is ultimately prepared to sacrifice their life for the cause (or not, depending on how dedicated they are), the ultimate goal is not to commit suicide in the way the we might understand it on this website but rather to effect change.

Do not confuse this with terminally ill patients in hospices bringing an end to their painful disease, or otherwise physically healthy people attempting suicide. We're talking very different situations, which is why one is called VSED and the other is a hunger strike.

• Love
Reactions: Forveleth
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
There are many VSED threads here documenting people's attempts. To date I don't think anyone has succeeded. VSED is a very slow (weeks), torturous way to go. You can easily be caught by people noticing you turning into a skeleton and you can do permanent, lasting damage. Not a recommended method.

Reactions: darkenmydoorstep
tvo

tvo

Apr 3, 2024
The longest I have ever went without food and water was 4 days in the wilderness. On the 5th day it was unbearable, I started milking whatever liquids I could get from random plants šŸŒµand eating leaves . My own body was too heavy, I collapsed a couple of times but managed to walk to the nearest place where I could find tap water.

I only had a normal meal on the 6th day. With me, the hunger pangs were not that bad, it is the thirst that was just too much. Interestingly, it was very blissful to be alone in nature (the birds chirping, the wind, the stars at night etc.).

I don't know how people have managed to CTB this way.

Reactions: darkenmydoorstep, dggtscccvfd and Forveleth
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
I am trying to effect change. I just don't think I will be successful at that in America. I can be successful at dying for sure. But sometimes hunger strike can be very successful. I went on hunger strike 1 time protesting being cut off of morphine due to a failed drug test which was actually a false positive. I never took the drug they said I tested positive for. Hunger strike turned out to be very successful and lasted less than a day. Only a few hours. That's why I think drug testing shouldn't be allowed anywhere. Not just an intrusion on someone's rights and privacy but they simply are nowhere near accurate enough. I had 2 false positives out of not all that many tests in my life. I only was tested in that pain management program once every few months. I never was on parole or probation or had to do it for employment and 2 out of maybe 20 or so were wrong! I don't think they should be allowed anywhere but if they are that's nowhere near accurate enough

DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
It's interesting. If you frame it as a hunger strike it's a human right but if you say you're voluntarily stopping eating and drinking because you want to die it's not. And reading some of these posts + my own experience has me wondering about the accuracy of some of the medical texts and other stuff I read. 1 source said 3-6 days. Another said 6 days or less. People here have said they went longer and when I went 6 days with only 2 cups of coffee, I didn't feel great but I didn't feel like death was imminent either. They did say at the hospital that I was dangerously dehydrated but who knows? Maybe fentanyl is the way to go. But that could fail too and I would just be sick for days.

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(į“—_ į“—怂)
Nov 25, 2023
No, it is very difficult to execute and takes too long.

T

ThisIsMe1357

May 20, 2024
I once tried this method when I was younger.

I managed to not eat and drink anything for 7 days until police found me (because I was not home). The problem was nothing extraordinary happened during that week except for me being thirsty and thinking a lot about fruit juices. I did not feel weak, I did not faint, I could still walk for quite some time every day. I also did not cause myself any damage and I continued to function normally afterwards. Granted, this was during the winter period with snow, so temperatures were not high, and I was young and healthy, but still, nothing happened to me for a week, so this process must be nearly impossible to complete and be incredibly time-consuming.

DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
So the texts that claim 6 days max are at best inaccurate? Seems right cuz when I went 6 days, I didn't feel great but didn't feel like I could die any minute either. Actually the 1st couple days were the hardest and after that I kinda got used to it.

drunk kid catholic

drunk kid catholic

May 10, 2024
this one is almost impossible, i've tried it before

Coconut blue

Coconut blue

Student
May 13, 2024
i dont think ppl around you would allow you to carry it out all the way to the end

Dusk till dawn

Dusk till dawn

Student
Sep 7, 2018
I tried VSED, after a few days i was in a position where i was considering drinking my blood as a way to relieve my thirst without actually giving nutrients or anything useful to my body, i eventually failed

notevenhere

notevenhere

Ghost Angel
Apr 27, 2023
I'd need an ungodly amount of self control to not drink water if my body's dying of thirst. I get insane headaches from just dehydration.

When I used to starve myself because of my ED, I could like, just live off of water and nicotine, lol. Maybe I can do it if I keep my cigarettes. I quit smoking a long time ago, too.

P

peaceabc2

Apr 3, 2024
It's called dry fasting. People do up to 12 days for healing purposes..

DolerDolerDoler

DolerDolerDoler

Jun 4, 2024
I tried this to see how far I could go and outside of feeling weak asf I ended up nearly fainting after just urinating. was weird. google says its called Micturition syncope which can be caused by dehydration