Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
I like to bundle up in many layers lol

Global Warming is going to fix this :)

And I would love to finally become a huge hockey fan. American football was my sport, but if there's reincarnation I want to come back as a Canadian hockey player.

Reactions: Green Destiny and not4us
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Global Warming is going to fix this :)

Global warming will lead to an ice age.
As the polar caps melt, the conveyor currents that circulate cold water from the poles and warm water from the equator will get pushed further from the poles, flattening out until one day it stops. When it does stop, all that fresh water in the ocean from the melted caps will freeze, and blammo - ice age.

• Wow
Reactions: not4us
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Canada was lovely, the people really nice, I enjoyed my travels in BC and Alberta.

We are still in an ice age, just going through an inter-glacial period. We will eventually head back into a glacial period.

L

Lester Cohle

Oct 7, 2019
When I first came to Ireland in 2009, many teachers, classmates, and adults always talked about moving to the States in the future for a better life. People even envied me for living there and asked "Why the **** did you come to this kip called Ireland?".

Fast forward 11 years now, it seems the tone has completely changed. Sure, people still go there, but the numbers are fewer. After the mass shootings like Sandy Hook, Las Vegas, Isla Vista, the spying revelations by Snowden, the police brutality etc... has America became a first world nation relegated to third world status?
If you don't mind answering, are you from the US? Because it seems like only an American could have made that remark. Speaking more generally, why do you Westerners criticize your part of the world so much?

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
why do you Westerners criticize your part of the world so much?
I'm not sure why we shouldn't. There are problems here. Do people criticize things where you are?

Reactions: Green Destiny and Good4Nothing
L

Lester Cohle

Oct 7, 2019
I'm not sure why we shouldn't. There are problems here. Do people criticize things where you are?
I'm not saying that you shouldn't, but it just seems that more and more people there are obsessed with it, just like those putting American flags everywhere and shooting at the moon on the fourth of July.

P.S. Does your nickname entail that you practice mediation? I'm currently looking for a good guide on the internet and wouldn't mind some directions.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I'm not saying that you shouldn't, but it just seems that more and more people there are obsessed with it, just like those putting American flags everywhere and shooting at the moon on the fourth of July.
We talk about it when there are things wrong. Don't you do that? Where do you live? We like our flag and our country a lot so the flag represents that. We have pride in our country. People come here to get away from oppression. We express ourselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fragile
L

Lester Cohle

Oct 7, 2019
We talk about it when there are things wrong. Don't you do that? Where do you live? We like our flag and our country a lot so the flag represents that. We have pride in our country. People come here to get away from oppression. We express ourselves.
Maybe you're right. It's none of my business anyway, should have kept quiet.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Maybe you're right. It's none of my business anyway, should have kept quiet.
My Canadian friend says Americans are so in love with our country. We get emotional about it. He said its typical of Americans. I never realized other countries don't do that.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
If you don't mind answering, are you from the US? Because it seems like only an American could have made that remark. Speaking more generally, why do you Westerners criticize your part of the world so much?
When I was in Taiwan, I talked to this guy from the Netherlands who asked me why Americans seem to be so open with criticizing their own country, even the people who embrace patriotism to a fanatic degree have some gripes about our nation. He told me that many of the issues we call out are happening all around the world but most people are more unwilling to admit these problems for whatever reason. Another guy who was there with me and from Japan agreed and said that he can't believe our country even with people like Trump let's us get away with saying the things we have said about him and nobody seems that worse off for it. This surprised me because I didn't think it would be that different in Japan but I guess if you criticize their government at the level that we Americans do, you would at least get publicly shamed to some small degree so many people don't speak out the same way we would.

I think the UK is probably second in being so open to criticize their own country (in the Western world at least), at least that's what it seems like from what I've seen here in this forum and from other people who live there.

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
And I would love to finally become a huge hockey fan. American football was my sport, but if there's reincarnation I want to come back as a Canadian hockey player.
Oh DITTO on that dude. I love hockey, played it when I was a kid but couldn't continue because of head injuries (which may be a contributing factor as to why i'm on this site now haha) and the equipment is super expensive all on its own without paying to play in Hockey Leagues.
Here's an informative video on modern day capitalism in the U.S. The content on this channel is really good and I highly recommend it for anyone interested.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Chupacabra 44
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
Oh DITTO on that dude. I love hockey, played it when I was a kid but couldn't continue because of head injuries (which may be a contributing factor as to why i'm on this site now haha) and the equipment is super expensive all on its own without paying to play in Hockey Leagues.
Here's an informative video on modern day capitalism in the U.S. The content on this channel is really good and I highly recommend it for anyone interested.

Yeah, hockey is a phenomenal sport!

Unfortunately, where I grew up in the states hockey didn't have much of a following. And nobody from my state that I knew played hockey. For us it was football, baseball, basketball. When I grew up nobody was playing soccer in my area either.

They actually have a diagnosis called CTE for head injuries from hockey, football, boxing, etc. It it stands for chronic traumatic encephalopathy.

I actually discussed it for a few minutes with my neurologist this week.

Unfortunately, at this point there's nothing they can do for people who might suffer this from what I read. And, the last I researched they can't even diagnose it until postmoderm they have to take a sample of the brain tissue to figure out if one had this diagnosis during in their lifetime. Seems kind of too late to me. Ha

Whose your team in the NHL? I tend to root for the Blackhawks.

Cheers!

Reactions: Green Destiny
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Yeah, hockey is a phenomenal sport!

Unfortunately, where I grew up in the states hockey didn't have much of a following. And nobody from my state that I knew played hockey. For us it was football, baseball, basketball. When I grew up nobody was playing soccer in my area either.

They actually have a diagnosis called CTE for head injuries from hockey, football, boxing, etc. It it stands for chronic traumatic encephalopathy.

I actually discussed it for a few minutes with my neurologist this week.

Unfortunately, at this point there's nothing they can do for people who might suffer this from what I read. And, the last I researched they can't even diagnose it until postmoderm they have to take a sample of the brain tissue to figure out if one had this diagnosis during in their lifetime. Seems kind of too late to me. Ha

Whose your team in the NHL? I tend to root for the Blackhawks.

Cheers!
The Avalanche a thousand times over. Sakic and Forsberg were the reason I got into the sport when they moved to Denver. Of course I feel bad for Quebec losing their team and the same team winning a Cup the first year in a new city. But after this year's near Conference Finals appearance I couldn't be happier as to where they are now. And thanks for telling me about CTE, I should look into it.

• Love
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I'm from a country where everyone wants to live in the US, in fact, most of the people I know have a relative there or are in the process of getting a visa... or seeking other less legal methods to emigrate.

The grass is always greener on the other side, true, but in this case is actually greener. There are thousands of success stories and people greatly improving their quality of life when they get a job there without even being even close to being rich like some people have mentioned. And even if they don't succeed, I haven't hear the first one who regrets the experience.

You may think that Trump's presidency killed this mentality to some degree, but no one here cares about such a small triviality, the only reason why they are not traveling right now is because they are waiting for corona and the riots to die down.

The US is a great country full of opportunities, it has its issues, but to say that it's a terrible place is just wrong and shows some lack of perspective on what is a real bad country to live in, and my country isn't even that bad. that's just my opinion.

I would love to travel there myself and it's a dream of mine to live in a developed country like the US, but I'm chronically ill and running out of time, maybe in the next life?

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide and Dr Iron Arc
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
they are waiting for corona and the riots to die down.
Corona won't die down. We do not have leadership in place to make that happen.
The riots do not affect anyone at all, unless you happen to be in a particular street in a particular city where they are happening. They aren't riots, they are protests, there is a big difference.

May I ask what country you are in?
Hopefully though, after the next four years, things will finally calm down and we can begin returning to a more sensible and respectable norm.
Trump has announced he won't leave no matter what the vote is in the election. Not now or ever. If he can somehow block everyone from either knowing what the final election result is, or have it not count then we no longer are a democracy. We are a dictatorship with a lunatic dictator.

Last edited:
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Corona won't die down. We do not have leadership in place to make that happen.
The riots do not affect anyone at all, unless you happen to be in a particular street in a particular city where they are happening. They aren't riots, they are protests, there is a big difference.

May I ask what country you are in?

Well, the footage that a friend of mine sent me from his own phone is the footage of a riot, no question about it. I'm sure that there are some peaceful protests, but many of the people I talk to are afraid of emigrating right now because of the current state of things up there.

I'm from Colombia, strangely enough, we are having literally the same violent unrest and riots happening right now because of a video eerily similar to the one of george floyd, those 'protests' are fueled by a terrorist group that has terrorized the countryside for decades and has ruined the reputation of our country with kidnappings and drug trade.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
many of the people I talk to are afraid of emigrating right now because of the current state of things up there.
I live here and have seen some rioting on television but it is nowhere near me. You saw a few cities with a few streets with a few looters tearing down fences, or breaking into buildings. It's a big country. A few streets in a few cities is not what the rest of the entire country looks like.
The big problem is covid-19.

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I live here and have seen some rioting on television but it is nowhere near me. You saw a few cities with a few streets with a few looters tearing down fences, or breaking into buildings. It's a big country. A few streets in a few cities is not what the rest of the entire country looks like.
The big problem is covid-19.

Yeah, I agree with what you are saying. Covid is probably a much bigger issue and the riots are only on some areas.

I guess my point was that I haven't seen this mentality before, not even when trump was elected while shit-talking latinos. But those videos scared a few people that I know.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I guess my point was that I haven't seen this mentality before,
People went out to protest. We are tired of weekly scenes of people being killed by police. They are out of control.
As with any large group there will always be a few who take advantage of a situation to be destructive. Protests are nothing new in the U.S. People don't want blacks to be subjected to being killed by police any more. BLM is simply the slogan of the protests. And antifa is a made up word to try to scare people. There is no such group. There is no organizaton to the protests. People just decide to go with friends to them because they want to do something about a problem they see.

Last edited:
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
The Avalanche a thousand times over. Sakic and Forsberg were the reason I got into the sport when they moved to Denver. Of course I feel bad for Quebec losing their team and the same team winning a Cup the first year in a new city. But after this year's near Conference Finals appearance I couldn't be happier as to where they are now. And thanks for telling me about CTE, I should look into it.

There has been lots of research regarding CTE and football. I haven't seen any articles on CTE and hockey, although I haven't Googled specifically for this.

It's shocking how many football players in pro, college and high school have tested for CTE post-mortem. My new neurologist that I saw on Tuesday of this week asked me a couple of questions after I suggested CTE for myself. He asked me what position I played in college and I told him defensive end. He kind of gave me that gentle look of your screwed. :haha: especially after how many face masks I told them I smashed in and broke on my helmet. Back then we used to hit with our heads unlike today.

Oh well can't try over spilled milk. No regrets nothing but great memories. I know you understand and I'm sure you agree with last hockey!

Frankly I think you guys in hockey get a lot more shots to the head than we did. Maybe it's similar I'm not sure.

When I read about CTE it seems that the disease progresses. I'm not so sure this is a case for me. One of my best friends from high school died two years ago. I flew across country for his funeral. He has five siblings and they are like second family to me. One of his brothers is a doctor. My friend didn't play in college but the family belived he had CTE before he died. This is serious stuff. Hopefully you and I don't have it!

Respect for you having played the sport of hockey!!!

Peace, and go Avalanche!

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
When I was younger I always wanted to live aboard and stuff but when I got younger and started reading articles/social media/posts etc and all the shitty stuff that's happening in the US I lost the interest. I know the US is big so a lot of bad stuff is gonna be there but also a lot of good stuff. But idk, the "democracy" is pretty sus (2 parties≠democracy) and no universal healthcare (good one, I mean) etc... I used to hate my own country but when since I got older I found out that it's actually not that bad, sure we don't have some shops or brands that I'd love to have buttt other stuff is okay I guess. No place is perfect but I definitely don't wanna live in the US.

• Love
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
I would like to make the observation about how humans in general are very resilient.

I'm in my 50s and there have been a few instances in my life where I thought things wouldn't turn around and it turned out I was 100% wrong.

I'm from Southern California originally. (@Mm80 with this lastest piece of the puzzle combined with my sis loving some Scandinavian mink polish u should know EXACTLY, who I'm by now! What in the world is taking you so long to figure it out?) :haha:

After the LA riots in 1992, I figured that was the absolute end of Los Angeles. People were leaving the city; people were broken; no one had hope. The Los Angeles Times (the local news paper) was full of nothing but doom and gloom stories for the prospects of Los Angeles as were all of the local news channels. Why? I understand today this is how they make the most money - sell fear.

I was wrong about LA, and so too were all of the local media in Los Angeles.

LA came back stronger than ever.

Some of my friends at work started investing in rental houses in LA right after the riots. These optimistic types felt Los Angeles would rebound. I thought they were mistaken. They tried to get me to invest with them; I declined. Clearly, I made a mistake.

This kind of reminds me of the state of the Union at this point in time. The feelings I perceived for Los Angeles in 1992 are the feelings I perceive for the entire United States currently. A friend recently sent me an article that illustrated how during a prior administration over one and a half centuries ago there was similar sentiment in the USA back then. These people back then were mistaken.

People back then felt that Union was crumbling. The feeling of our citizens at that time were similar as to what they are today. The collective feeling of our country back then turned out to be wrong.

I am extremely optimistic the same thing will happen again today, and I am no way close to an optimistic person by nature.

Once we get the rest of these 80-year-old baby boomers running our government out of office and bring in some fresh new blood into politics I firmly believe things will get better. I am optimistic that the upcoming leadership will improve our country tremendously. I am fed up with boomers running things. Change is coming.

We will rebound; we will recover.

My advice for all SS members. Cut way back on your news consumption for the next several years. Take strategies for self protection to do what's best for yourself. Stop letting all sources of media, including social media, manipulate you and your thoughts. Understand what's happening to you and us all collectively and don't be manipulated into an "us versus them" mentality. We are all being manipulated so others can make money in the process.

This understanding is something that comes with age and experience; and we refer to this as wisdom. :happy:

Try not to lose hope and keep the faith!

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
I would like to make the observation about how humans in general are very resilient.

I'm in my 50s and there have been a few instances in my life where I thought things wouldn't turn around and it turned out I was 100% wrong.

I'm from Southern California originally. (@Mm80 with this lastest piece of the puzzle combined with my sis loving some Scandinavian mink polish u should know EXACTLY, who I'm by now! What in the world is taking you so long to figure it out?) :haha:

After the LA riots in 1992, I figured that was the absolute end of Los Angeles. People were leaving the city; people were broken; no one had hope. The Los Angeles Times (the local news paper) was full of nothing but doom and gloom stories for the prospects of Los Angeles as were all of the local news channels. Why? I understand today this is how they make the most money - sell fear.

I was wrong about LA, and so too were all of the local media in Los Angeles.

LA came back stronger than ever.

Some of my friends at work started investing in rental houses in LA right after the riots. These optimistic types felt Los Angeles would rebound. I thought they were mistaken. They tried to get me to invest with them; I declined. Clearly, I made a mistake.

This kind of reminds me of the state of the Union at this point in time. The feelings I perceived for Los Angeles in 1992 are the feelings I perceive for the entire United States currently. A friend recently sent me an article that illustrated how during a prior administration over one and a half centuries ago there was similar sentiment in the USA back then. These people back then were mistaken.

People back then felt that Union was crumbling. The feeling of our citizens at that time were similar as to what they are today. The collective feeling of our country back then turned out to be wrong.

I am extremely optimistic the same thing will happen again today, and I am no way close to an optimistic person by nature.

Once we get the rest of these 80-year-old baby boomers running our government out of office and bring in some fresh new blood into politics I firmly believe things will get better. I am optimistic that the upcoming leadership will improve our country tremendously. I am fed up with boomers running things. Change is coming.

We will rebound; we will recover.

My advice for all SS members. Cut way back on your news consumption for the next several years. Take strategies for self protection to do what's best for yourself. Stop letting all sources of media, including social media, manipulate you and your thoughts. Understand what's happening to you and us all collectively and don't be manipulated into an "us versus them" mentality. We are all being manipulated so others can make money in the process.

This understanding is something that comes with age and experience; and we refer to this as wisdom. :happy:

Try not to lose hope and keep the faith!
Damn now i know who you are. Its just clicked!
How you doing juice?

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 0
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
When I was younger I always wanted to live aboard and stuff but when I got younger and started reading articles/social media/posts etc and all the shitty stuff that's happening in the US I lost the interest. I know the US is big so a lot of bad stuff is gonna be there but also a lot of good stuff. But idk, the "democracy" is pretty sus (2 parties≠democracy) and no universal healthcare (good one, I mean) etc... I used to hate my own country but when since I got older I found out that it's actually not that bad, sure we don't have some shops or brands that I'd love to have buttt other stuff is okay I guess. No place is perfect but I definitely don't wanna live in the US.

Nice that you figured this out for yourself before you made a huge transition. There's the old saying, the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. You illustrated figuring this out on your own.

I was born and raised in Los Angeles and people migrate here based on the allure of what Hollywood somewhat inaccurately presented. The type of people who gravitate towards something like this is in part of what in my opinion made Los Angeles less than desirable. I ultimately fled LA.
How you doing juice?

How you doing juice?

Oh man, you have me cracking up. :pfff:
Nice that you figured this out for yourself before you made a huge transition. There's the old saying, the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. You illustrated figuring this out on your own.

I was born and raised in Los Angeles and people migrate here based on the allure of what Hollywood somewhat inaccurately presented. The type of people who gravitate towards something like this is part of what my opinion made Los Angeles less than desirable. I ultimately fled LA.

Oh man, you have me cracking up. :pfff:

It's sad that you took less than two seconds to relate Los Angeles to OJ. Talk about a lingering negative image.

You've really raised the bar on this one. Clearly, I'm out of my league. But once I get some coffee in me, I'll be ready to resume the fight. The long countdown until McDonald's opens for my coffee - only 4 1/2 hours to go.

Have a great day!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Nymph and Mm80
E

enuff

had enuff
Sep 10, 2020
Society in America might have lost it's allure, but the backcountry hasn't. The mountains and woods of the US is hands down my favourite place to be. Lets hope Trump doesnt get his dirty mitts all over them
oh but sadly, he already has.
1. U.S. pulls out of Paris Climate Agreement
2. Trump EPA poised to scrap clean power plan
3. EPA loosens regulations on toxic air pollution
4. Rescinding methane-flaring rules
5. Trump announces plan to weaken Obama-era fuel economy rules
6. Trump revokes flood standards accounting for sea-level rise
7. Waters of the U.S. Rule revocation
8. NOAA green lights seismic airgun blasts for oil and gas drilling
9. Interior Department relaxes sage grouse protection
10. Trump officials propose changes to handling the Endangered Species Act
11. Migratory Bird Treaty Act reinterpretation
12. Trump unveils plan to dramatically downsize two national monuments
13. Executive order calls for sharp logging increase on public lands
14. Trump drops climate change from list of national security threats
15. EPA criminal enforcement hits 30-year low

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
When I first came to Ireland in 2009, many teachers, classmates, and adults always talked about moving to the States in the future for a better life. People even envied me for living there and asked "Why the **** did you come to this kip called Ireland?".

Fast forward 11 years now, it seems the tone has completely changed. Sure, people still go there, but the numbers are fewer. After the mass shootings like Sandy Hook, Las Vegas, Isla Vista, the spying revelations by Snowden, the police brutality etc... has America became a first world nation relegated to third world status?
Western leaders always moan and bitch about places like China, North Korea, etc.

But look what Western leaders, especially the UK and America, do to their own citizens.
You're right to mention the likes of Snowdon and Assange.

A little girl from the far East fights for education and she's held up as a symbol of freedom. But people reveal how governments in the West are spying on and harassing innocent people, and they're punished and labelled as dangerous terrorists.

Last edited:
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga