D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
The mountains and woods of the US is hands down my favourite place to be.
I travelled in Wyoming, Colorado and Montana. Absolutely loved it (a lot of the time was on horseback). The people were very independent and great to be around. If you got stuck in and made the effort, they loved that. I just had to make sure the conversation stayed away from politics or religion.
He's going to be reelected
I doubt he'll leave even if h is voted out.

• Aww..
Reactions: Green Destiny, Lost in a Dream and Meditation guide
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
Can I get back to you on Wednesday, November 4th, 2020?
I'd say you're being a bit too optimistic, I am not a close minded maga who thinks trump can do no wrong, however I just can't see biden pulling off a win.

Reactions: Green Destiny and Chupacabra 44
D

Deleted member 8975

It's disillusioning to think that a presidential election will change any of this lol. The evidence is abundant throughout the thread.

Reactions: Green Destiny, Fragile, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
I don't want to get all political but I just can't believe that this country can't produce two better candidates than what we're forced to select from.

Peace.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Green Destiny, Deleted member 19654, Lost in a Dream and 4 others
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
I getcha, not trying to stir anything up mate, both candidates are idiots, and it's a damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario. All you can do with this entire scenario is to just enjoy it while you can.

• Love
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I enjoyed America when I visited it a couple of times, always found the people to be helpful and friendly and loved how busy and bustling New York was. Everything was at your fingertips any hour of the day. But I couldn't ever live there, not under Trumps rule. The healthcare system scares me as well. I used to dream about living in America, but that was years ago, its in a state of disrepair now in my opinion.

• Love
Reactions: Meditation guide and Deleted member 8975
nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
Can I ask why do Americans pick the oldest candidates? I think Obama was the youngest since JFK.

• Love
Reactions: Chupacabra 44
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Can I ask why do Americans pick the oldest candidates? I think Obama was the youngest since JFK.
I don't think age is as much a factor because otherwise Bernie Sanders would probably have had more of a chance, but the president can't be any younger than 35. That's an actual rule in the constitution.

I believe candidates are picked based on who gets the most media attention. That's it. People generally see it as a popularity contest no different than student elections.

Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020

Because the boomers (my parents generation) are still running the show, and they refuse to relinquish their power.

Reactions: Eurus
D

Deleted member 8975

I think corporations largely control the elections and obviously a few select states get to have primaries before everyone that set the tone for the entire nation. It's a dumb and broken system that just screams corruption but no one gives a fuck and that's why it continues.

Reactions: Fragile, Lost in a Dream and Good4Nothing
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I went there in 2015. I wouldn't now

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 8975 and Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Can I ask why do Americans pick the oldest candidates?
They have name recognition. People know who they are. We don't have anyone under 70 like that now.

Biden is considered likeable at least with the nicname "Uncle Joe". No one liked Hillary. Both the these elderly candidates obviously are losing their mental abilities. I would say Trump has such glaring mental deficiencies he is even worse than Biden for the incredible mistakes he makes, such as calling the CEO of Apple "Tim Apple". He couldn't remember his wife's name in a tweet and called her "Melanie".

Last edited:
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
They have name recognition. People know who they are. We don't have anyone under 70 like that now.

Biden is considered likeable at least with the nicname "Uncle Joe". No one liked Hillary. Both the these elderly candidates obviously are losing their mental abilities. I would say Trump has such glaring mental deficiencies he is even worse than Biden for the incredible mistakes he makes, such as calling the CEO of Apple "Tim Apple".
He mispronounced his own name the other day. You'll never see him admit it though and that's his biggest problem

Reactions: Deleted member 19654 and Meditation guide
D

Deleted member 8975

I like how most people are just going along with "yeah, we are picking the candidates" -_-

Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
I personally never saw any allure to living in the United States of America. Europe and other countries with higher HDI always seemed like a better option. I can't speak for others though, I know plenty of people who still see the USA as a great place to move to.

Reactions: Skathon
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
A a personal credo of mine is nothing in life is Black or White (especially in politics).

Peace.

Interesting question. There used to be a study showing that the tallest candidate between the two parties always won the national election for President in the States. I find this EXTREMLY fascinating. In fact if a couple of people indicate they're interested, I'll Google to look for the study and post it. I've seen it, so no big deal if no one else cares.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fragile and Deleted member 8975
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I live in America and all I have to say is...

Tenor

The people were very independent and great to be around. If you got stuck in and made the effort, they loved that. I just had to make sure the conversation stayed away from politics or religion.

It's a very sad thing that it had to be that way (and still is just about everywhere). You will meet lots of people who seem likeable at first, but the moment politics or religion is discussed, they could instantly turn on you once they realize you disagree. There are exceptions to this I'm sure, but I avoid those conversations as much as possible.

Reactions: Green Destiny, Deleted member 1465, Lostandlooking and 3 others
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020

I can't speak for others but lately I think both parties are nominating candidates that remind us affectionately of our great grandparents who are setting into the sunset within their respective retirement homes.

Please you younger people get off the sidelines - get into politics - get us out of this mess! Rant over.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I would say America is a better place to live than most other places, even with the problems it has. If I had to move to a different country France is the only one I can think of that would interest me or possibly Australia, although we've seen the terrible affects of climate change on that country too.

Last edited:
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
Please you younger people get off the sidelines - get into politics - get us out of this mess! Rant over.

I'd rather hang from a rope. It's unfixable I'm afraid.

• Hugs
Reactions: Eurus, Good4Nothing and Chupacabra 44
D

Deleted member 8975

I won't be forced into a two party system and there are no candidates who represent me. Even the society itself abandons me. Why the fuck would I get "involved" in politics? lol

• Hugs
Reactions: Good4Nothing, Chupacabra 44 and Lost in a Dream
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020

Biden is considered likeable at least with the nicname "Uncle Joe". No one liked Hillary. Both the these elderly candidates obviously are losing their mental abilities. I would say Trump has such glaring mental deficiencies he is even worse than Biden for the incredible mistakes he makes, such as calling the CEO of Apple "Tim Apple". He couldn't remember his wife's name in a tweet and called her "Melanie".

Kind of reminds me of the Jim Carrey movie Dumb and Dumber and trying to decide which one from that movie should win a Rhodes scholarship.

Reactions: Meditation guide and Lost in a Dream
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Kind of reminds me of the Jim Carrey movie Dumb and Dumber and trying to decide which one from that movie should win a Rhodes scholarship.
Biden isn't the train wreck Trump is and has decency. He's not working for Putin either.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Mr2005 and Chupacabra 44
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
I'm just so worried that the younger generation in the states is so turned off of everything (understandably so) that the only people who will be attracted to US politics in the future are going to be sociopaths. I perceive this is already happening. I pray I am incorrect.

Reactions: Good4Nothing
D

Deleted member 8975

I'm just so worried that the younger generation in the states is so turned off of everything (understandably so) that the only people who will be attracted to US politics in the future are going to be sociopaths. I perceive this is already happening. I pray I am incorrect.
US has been sociopathic since the rise of the industrial era.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream and Good4Nothing
not4us

not4us

Experienced
Sep 21, 2019
In the past (not too long ago, maybe 6 years ago) I dreamt about living in The USA. Now I would choose Canada (if I had that choice) without a doubt.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
  • Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, not4us and Chupacabra 44
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
In the past (not too long ago, maybe 6 years ago) I dreamt about living in The USA. Now I would choose Canada (if I had that choice) without a doubt.

I love Canada and Canadians, but for me outside of maybe Vancouver it's just too cold in Canada. When you start getting the aches and pains associated with aging, you tend not to want to live in regions of the world that are just super cold.

Reactions: Meditation guide, not4us and Good4Nothing
not4us

not4us

Experienced
Sep 21, 2019
Canada has it's act together. It's just so cold.
I like to bundle up in many layers lol
I love Canada and Canadians, but for me outside of maybe Vancouver it's just too cold in Canada. When you start getting the aches and pains associated with aging, you tend not to want to live in regions of the world that are just super cold.
Global Warming is going to fix this :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Green Destiny, Chupacabra 44 and Lost in a Dream
D

Deleted member 8975

I'd move to Germany, Australia, or somewhere in the Arab world. Maybe Japan. I love Argentina and Chile too. But politically speaking, I am put off by most of these countries if not all.