Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
Does anyone else on here ever get annoyed and so pissed off at people who are constantly happy and have everything good going for them?

These same people always say stuff like oh just stop being depressed bro or suicide is the cowards way out and they constantly brag about how great their life is to others.

Has anyone on here ever had an interaction with someone like this?

Reactions: Elio24, Forever Sleep, Watlock and 10 others
endlesSquid

endlesSquid

Me
Jun 6, 2023
I used to write about how much I hated happy people until I started to analyze that each person lives in their own world...
Many times this came from the envy that I had that others could socialize and be happy together with each other, but that does not matter now. What I want to say is that you avoid comparing your life with that of others, yes, it can be annoying that those "happy" people don't see emotions and feelings as you see them but that's how it has to be. Everyone lives their life, and when you care about someone else's you don't live yours.

Reactions: Forever Sleep, CursedReality88, Tiny Little Tree and 6 others
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
I hate seeing people be happy and outgoing. It bothers me that I'll never live a normal life.

• Hugs
Reactions: voc_89, axxxu, The anhedonic one and 2 others
K

Klophy

Lost...
Jun 28, 2022
I can't really say I hate them but I am incredibly envious.

I hate the boilerplate things they'll say like take a walk, exercise, etc in response to something like depression. For them it's just sad moments they have to distract themselves from, instead of this ever present, consuming thing you have to live with.

A relative of mine is like this. They're constantly travelling to other countries, has a large amount of friends and is just in general happy. Whereas I hate waking up each morning and it's all downhill from there.

Reactions: Homo erectus, The anhedonic one and Hikikomori1
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
I'm a very jealous person, so yes.
My house is behind a high school, so it is particularly torturous. Having to listen to their screams of joy as they play with their friends, hearing them knowing that they're doing fine while my life is a wreck, while I'm broken…it is actual torture.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Elio24, voc_89, axxxu and 4 others
Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
My house is behind a high school, so it is particularly torturous. Having to listen to their screams of joy as they play with their friends, hearing them knowing that they're doing fine while my life is a wreck, while I'm broken…it is actual torture.

That sucks i feel bad for you.

Reactions: The anhedonic one
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
I'm envious of their intense happiness and satisfaction with everything even small things.

I don't hate them, I'm abnormal and i know it, if i let hate consume me i become a snivelling little weasel.

If i don't die soon I'd hate to be a bitter old man.. nah fuck that

• Hugs
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Yes, same.

Reactions: Hikikomori1
A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
A lot of people can appear happy on the exterior, then the next day they're found dead. I used to also feel deep rage when I seen happy folk, but I've learned to not assume to know what's going on in their lives. Things could be horrible behind closed doors.

People that say suicide is the coward's way out? Fuck them. When it eventually affects them personally, they'll change their tune.

Comparisons to others will bring you down further. It's best to run our own race.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, Elio24, voc_89 and 2 others
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
im exactly the same. i live right next to a school and hearing children scream and laugh just makes me so depressed. they all have the potential for great futures and im stuck here knowing i fucked my chances of that, and hearing them is a constant reminder.

• Hugs
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Just because people appear all content and satisfied with existence doesn't mean that they truly are, I could never personally envy people who are enduring existence. Everyone suffers and even if people don't suffer as much now they will do eventually and I could just never see a point to existing anyway, it's so unappealing and tedious. Existing can very easily get much more unbearable for anyone at any moment and existing holds unlimited potential for extreme suffering so of course to not exist will always be the more desirable option for me no matter what. It's absurd to be anti suicide as we are all just waiting around to die anyway, nobody can escape death.

Reactions: voc_89 and Homo erectus
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
These people have never walked in the shoes of a mentally ill, suicidal person.
They have no concept of the emotional turmoil we have to endure on a daily basis.
I have encountered lots of these crappy happy types and they just fucking well infuriate me.
Fuck those people.

• Love
Reactions: voc_89, Homo erectus and Hikikomori1
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I am not sure if people are really happy when they laugh. But laughing is used a lot in communication to express being in control of the situation, to hide mistakes, to ridicule people, to make fun... It is quite annoying to hear people laugh when one is not in the mood. I find the acting in mainstream movies actually quite exaggerated.

BoyInTheBox

BoyInTheBox

INFP 4w5
Jun 6, 2023
Does anyone else on here ever get annoyed and so pissed off at people who are constantly happy and have everything good going for them?

These same people always say stuff like oh just stop being depressed bro or suicide is the cowards way out and they constantly brag about how great their life is to others.

Has anyone on here ever had an interaction with someone like this?
I definitely can relate to this. Whenever I see someone being happy I get annoyed about how stupid and blind they can be honestly. Like, can't they really see how dogshit this life is, how can someone be so ignorant

Reactions: The anhedonic one and Hikikomori1
ForgottenTomb

ForgottenTomb

May 26, 2023
I don't feel anger or resentment, but I do see some people having a multifaceted and fulfilling life and instead of being unhappy with them, I am rather disappointed in myself for my failure to upkeep the same standards in my own life. I never fail to be impressed when I see someone have multiple things going for them: studies/career, talents, hanging out with loved ones, enjoying hobbies, enjoying the outdoors, staying healthy and more. Trying to keep one aspect of my life running smoothly usually demands all of my attention and strain.

leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
im exactly the same. i live right next to a school and hearing children scream and laugh just makes me so depressed. they all have the potential for great futures and im stuck here knowing i fucked my chances of that, and hearing them is a constant reminder.
This. Though this was the case even when I was their age, as I was not in school for most of my teenage years. Knowing they all had friends, some relationships, and just being able to live carefree and only have to worry about simple things like their schoolwork…
…and now that I'm an adult, I am in the same boat as you, a constant reminder that I failed and I cannot rewind time and fix things. At least as a teenager I could have gotten back into school and tried to make a difference, but now that ship has sailed.

• Hugs
Reactions: cgrtt.brns and The anhedonic one