21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Sorry, have to vent here.

I was cycling home today as usual. I had had a pretty bad day, but nothing out of the usual. Since I've been taking my blade to school to cut there I can deal with the loneliness from seeing my friends and their girlfriends better. However, as I got home I saw these two complete strangers kissing in the park.

I don't know what happened, but I just fell apart inside. All I could think about was cutting, and when I'd have time to attempt again.

It's been a month since I was dumped, and there hasn't been an hour of the day when I haven't thought of her. I can't stand it, I'm miserable. Seeing couples makes me miserable.

Sorry for the vent again, never mind it I guess...

Reactions: Soon4me, ForestLove, throwaway123 and 20 others
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
I'm sorry you're feeling so bad 21, I don't like seeing couples either since me and my ex broke up (about three months ago) -I always get this horrible feeling in my chest and it makes me feel so much lonelier. Things are always tough after a breakup but they do get slightly easier over time, I promise you. I still think about my ex nearly day, probably every day in fact, and it doesn't hurt nearly as much as it used to.

I hope you're feeling better about this soon. Sending lots of hugs ♡

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 5 others
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019

I was cycling home today as usual. I had had a pretty bad day, but nothing out of the usual. Since I've been taking my blade to school to cut there I can deal with the loneliness from seeing my friends and their girlfriends better. However, as I got home I saw these two complete strangers kissing in the park.

I don't know what happened, but I just fell apart inside. All I could think about was cutting, and when I'd have time to attempt again.

It's been a month since I was dumped, and there hasn't been an hour of the day when I haven't thought of her. I can't stand it, I'm miserable. Seeing couples makes me miserable.

FUCKING this. I feel you. Honestly seeing anyone my age makes me sad but couples tear me up...

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob, Batstern and 6 others
Sinbad

Sinbad

Self-Annihilation is loading...95%
Nov 27, 2018
I feel you, 21Neberg. We don't share the same emotional trigger but the pain is the same, I suppose. Sending love and hugs your way, broeder.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, 21Neberg, Weeping Garbage Can and 5 others

989-X

Feb 5, 2019
I used to be like that after being single and isolated for a number of years.

Now I've somehow come across someone who means a lot to me and I know I don't deserve to have them my life.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob, 21Neberg and 6 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
It's a real trigger for you at the moment, sweetheart, especially because your break up is so recent - only a month ago. And it exacerbates your feelings of aloneness. I know it's of little comfort but not all moments are of 'happy coupleness' - the ones you saw earlier may have gone home and had a blazing row about something trivial!

I firmly believe that there are lots of compatible people out there in the world for everyone and that one of your people may well be a person you walk into as you turn a corner.

In the meantime you achieved so much last week; you overcame two massive things that were causing you anxiety - by going along to them so you should reward yourself for that preferably with something nice like a lavish pizza xxx

Reactions: DreamsofDeath, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob and 9 others
VoloFataliDoce

VoloFataliDoce

The World Is Quiet Here
Jan 23, 2019
I am so sorry. I hate to know that anyone is in pain, but I can certainly empathize with you. Those same things tear me up inside too. I wish you the best, whatever it's worth.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, 15dec, 21Neberg and 3 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018

Awe :(" I've had moments like this too. It can take many months to recover from heartbreak. Some people are more impacted by heartbreak than others too. Certain trauma in childhood can leave u less resilient when u get dumped, or when a relationship ends. It will get easier, and u never know u might meet someone soon :)

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Broken, 15dec and 3 others
Memento Mori

Memento Mori

shambling garbage
Jan 24, 2019

dude it's always like the guy or the girl looks at me and then they kiss to provoke me like 'look over here we're happy' lol
but i give a fuck as long as i dont have to see a certain couple

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob, Final Escape and 5 others
Koal

Koal

Student
Dec 16, 2018
I get this. I think it's great that other people are happy but I just can't help but be a little bitter about it.

Reactions: Memento Mori, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob and 5 others
lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
They tear me up too. I wish I had something like an ad blocker for my vision and I just didn't see them anymore.

Reactions: Dead Meat, anelakapu, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 7 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
They tear me up too. I wish I had something like an ad blocker for my vision and I just didn't see them anymore.

Imagine that, I'd block out the whole world...

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob, Final Escape and 4 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
It's a real trigger for you at the moment, sweetheart, especially because your break up is so recent - only a month ago. And it exacerbates your feelings of aloneness. I know it's of little comfort but not all moments are of 'happy coupleness' - the ones you saw earlier may have gone home and had a blazing row about something trivial!

I firmly believe that there are lots of compatible people out there in the world for everyone and that one of your people may well be a person you walk into as you turn a corner.

In the meantime you achieved so much last week; you overcame two massive things that were causing you anxiety - by going along to them so you should reward yourself for that preferably with something nice like a lavish pizza xxx

Really kind words... I do not know what I did to deserve this, I really appreciate it. I wonder if I'll ever get over my ex, she's certainly gotten over me a long time ago

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, NumbItAll, Final Escape and 3 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
It will get easier, and u never know u might meet someone soon :)

I honestly don't know if that's what I want. When I was with her I was filled with anxiety every day, wondering whether or not she still liked me, if she was seeing someone else, I really just felt worse. Besides, my arms are covered in cuts and I'd like to keep that secret to myself.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob, NumbItAll and 4 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Really kind words... I do not know what I did to deserve this, I really appreciate it. I wonder if I'll ever get over my ex, she's certainly gotten over me a long time ago

You are incredibly kind. You always step up to offer other people help on here - even though you're in a lot of pain yourself. That's the sign of a really good person and a strong character. If your ex has moved on - it's her loss. She won't find someone as loyal and kind as you. As for future relationships - they may or may not happen as and when the time is right. The cutting and scars isn't an issue - the right person will understand and care. Good luck with the therapist appointment, I think they are coming up shortly for you and I think that's a really positive thing to do, exploring all the options. That's one of the things I admire about you; your anxiety kills you but you try so hard and it inspires me xx

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob, Broken and 4 others
lost illusions

lost illusions

bye
Sep 12, 2018

I go through something similar

Reactions: Final Escape and 21Neberg
C

CJM

Experienced
Jul 13, 2018
When I was with her I was filled with anxiety every day, wondering whether or not she still liked me, if she was seeing someone else
This is what not to do. You will just drive them away. Gotta have trust.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob, Final Escape and 2 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
You are incredibly kind. You always step up to offer other people help on here - even though you're in a lot of pain yourself. That's the sign of a really good person and a strong character. If your ex has moved on - it's her loss. She won't find someone as loyal and kind as you. As for future relationships - they may or may not happen as and when the time is right. The cutting and scars isn't an issue - the right person will understand and care. Good luck with the therapist appointment, I think they are coming up shortly for you and I think that's a really positive thing to do, exploring all the options. That's one of the things I admire about you; your anxiety kills you but you try so hard and it inspires me xx

You got me blushing in class haha. It's next week on Tuesday, I just hope she's kind and understanding. I really don't know what to expect, I'm just going to try to be honest and hope it works I guess?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob, Final Escape and 1 other person
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
This is what not to do. You will just drive them away. Gotta have trust.

Well I never asked her about this, I was always honest and caring. I was honest about my issues too, and even told her I was seeking help.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob, Final Escape and 1 other person
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I honestly don't know if that's what I want. When I was with her I was filled with anxiety every day, wondering whether or not she still liked me, if she was seeing someone else, I really just felt worse. Besides, my arms are covered in cuts and I'd like to keep that secret to myself.
You were with the wrong girl if she made you constantly anxious and insecure in the relationship. If you have been wounded in childhood, you have to be especially careful not to get hooked by someone with a Cluster B personality disorder. You will have blinders on with these types of people. A really good person will not make you feel this way. They will be consistent, probably less exciting, and they won't raise your anxiety and leave u wondering where you stand with them. You won't feel like you walk on eggshells or afraid to say things lol!

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Broken, TheCrow and 4 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
You were with the wrong girl if she made you constantly anxious and insecure in the relationship.
I don't think so. She was amazing, and admitted to me that she missed the freedom she had when being single. Things like dancing with other guys at parties. The insecurities, the worrying, it was all me.
If you have been wounded in childhood, you have to be especially careful not to get hooked by someone with a Cluster B personality disorder.
I got bullied a lot when I was younger, but I'm not sure if that counts as 'wounded'.
You won't feel like you walk on eggshells or afraid to say things lol!
How did you just perfectly describe me in that relationship so well without even seeing my face?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob and TheCrow
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I understand. Sometimes the unhealthiest relationships are the most intoxicating. When I was 25 I started going out with this girl who I felt was way out of my league. Like she was so hot she would have random guys following her etc. Anyway, the point is, I was blinded to the bad (and there was a lot of it). We lasted for a little over a year, but the whole time I felt emotionally heightened. There was so much drama between us and yet I would've done anything to stay together. When we broke up, I couldn't function. I couldn't eat or sleep, I had a lump in my throat, I felt like I was going to choke/cry. This went on for months. Years later, and I can say two things: one, the relationship was fucking terrible, two, I still think about her.

Perhaps my story mirrors your own in some way. I'm sure it doesn't exactly, of course. But even if you still feel that rawness right now, it will subside and not be as painful in time. But there is a good chance she took a piece of you with her. You may continue to think of her for a long time to come, but it likely won't be as bad if you just keep going. Do the basics for now, whatever you can, and the rest will come.

Good luck to you.

Reactions: told.you.so, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob and 3 others
Othermind

Othermind

-
Dec 26, 2018
Oh, you mean fairly well-adjusted young people who are making the most of their prime years and are displaying their achievement of a level of happiness and fulfillment that I have completely barred myself from ever attaining because I'm a stupid despicable piece of human garbage? Yeah, they make me feel horrible too, I totally understand. Also the cutting.
However, don't let it get to you. It's easy to spiral into desperation and make bad decisions. I don't know you, but chances are you're not completely compromised, and if you're not, you can still work on finding a partner.
Sounds like a platitude, I know, but trust me on this. When it comes to things like these, it's rarely as bleak as it seems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, TheCrow and Redt2go
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
I understand. Sometimes the unhealthiest relationships are the most intoxicating. When I was 25 I started going out with this girl who I felt was way out of my league. Like she was so hot she would have random guys following her etc. Anyway, the point is, I was blinded to the bad (and there was a lot of it). We lasted for a little over a year, but the whole time I felt emotionally heightened. There was so much drama between us and yet I would've done anything to stay together. When we broke up, I couldn't function. I couldn't eat or sleep, I had a lump in my throat, I felt like I was going to choke/cry. This went on for months. Years later, and I can say two things: one, the relationship was fucking terrible, two, I still think about her.

Perhaps my story mirrors your own in some way. I'm sure it doesn't exactly, of course. But even if you still feel that rawness right now, it will subside and not be as painful in time. But there is a good chance she took a piece of you with her. You may continue to think of her for a long time to come, but it likely won't be as bad if you just keep going. Do the basics for now, whatever you can, and the rest will come.

Good luck to you.

You still think about her? I've been thinking about her every hour the past month... It's making me miserable. How do you deal with those thoughts?

Reactions: Redt2go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Angst Filled Fuck Up
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
You still think about her? I've been thinking about her every hour the past month... It's making me miserable. How do you deal with those thoughts?
Oh not in a romantic sense, the love is long gone. I just mean that I reminisce about it sometimes in the way you might do with a nice vacation you took, for instance. So I'm quite hopeful that you'll be able to look back on it fondly at some stage. There is a grieving process of sorts first though, no doubt about it. But some form of healing is inevitable. You'll get there.

Reactions: Redt2go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, 21Neberg and 1 other person
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
HA! I love it.

Reactions: Redt2go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob and 2 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Oh not in a romantic sense, the love is long gone. I just mean that I reminisce about it sometimes in the way you might do with a nice vacation you took, for instance. So I'm quite hopeful that you'll be able to look back on it fondly at some stage. There is a grieving process of sorts first though, no doubt about it. But some form of healing is inevitable. You'll get there.

Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it. I still see her everyday in class, so it's hard.

Reactions: NumbItAll, Redt2go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018

Good luck to you.

If you don't mind me asking how does it feel now when you think about her? im 7 months down the line. Unfortunately I also have to live with the fact that I was the problem and cause of the demise of my relationship. I've come to the realisation that it's probably going to hurt for a long time and never go away fully until I get an oppurtunity to love and be loved and not mess it up!

Reactions: Redt2go and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
journeytotheend

journeytotheend

Jan 1, 2019
I understand that feeling too well @21Neberg. Saw this couple the other day, she stroked his hair and gave him a look which seemed to be filled with so much affection. Immediately choked up, and had to work hard to hold the tears back.
Heartbreak is hell, but it fades with time.

Reactions: Redt2go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, 21Neberg and 1 other person