A

AintNoWayOut

Student
Jan 6, 2020
so today was my birthday... but like for the past few years, its been nothing but a reminder of how long its been since my life went to shit due to chronic pain (we're at six years now, woohoo). while for others my age its a day to celebrate and have fun with friends, its a day for me to remember just how fucked up my life has become and how i will NEVER be able to change it and live a normal life. my birthday gift? being in even worse pain/discomfort than usual while at work, dealing with people left and right while my body was screaming and i was on the verge of an absolute breakdown due to all the anxiety and stress. i just cant take this cycle anymore... i wake up, in pain, then get ready for work, in pain, get there and deal with annoying people for 8 hours straight, in pain, then get home and sit in a dark room... in pain. then on my days off? i sit in this same room... and my life has been of this quality for six years now. i was only 16 then and had no idea i'd be 22 and still in this spot. i figured life would spare me or something, that everything would work out and i'd be able to live a somewhat normal life by now, but unfortunately, life has screwed me beyond repair.

i was honestly contemplating getting home and swallowing a couple of bottles of advil, as stupid as it sounds... normally i wouldnt do something so impulsive, but after so many years of physical and mental torment, its impossible to not have your spirit broken. i NEED to escape from this. i was going to try one last time to fix my pain through stem cell therapy, but i have a feeling it will be like every other time where my hopes are built up only to be crushed, then im discarded and expected to go about life as if its "just fine". its NOT, i WONT fucking allow myself to go through this anymore, i dont deserve this shit, most people dont... but idk, tonight might not be the night.

anyways, thats how my birthday has been going everyone :) lets hope i dont make it to 23 unless a miracle happens!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Soul, HelloHell, yive and 11 others
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I'm sorry you've been going through chronic pain. I'll probably start suffering from terrible back problems in a few years from working a labor intensive job for 5 years. My Birthday also happens to be in a few weeks but there's nothing that'll really make me happy overall, just a reminder that i'm still here when I prefer that I wasn't conceived and brought into this life in the first place. After 20 plus years i've seen and had enough of what people call this so called "Miracle" called life. Hope you find what you're looking for no matter what.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: death137, Silvermorning, whywere and 3 others
AngelGirl

AngelGirl

Cat
May 18, 2019
I'm sorry you have to suffer from chronic pain.. I've never experienced chronic pain myself but it really seems to completely ruin peoples lives.
I hope you have better rest of the day
Maybe you can do nice little things for yourself, just because it's your birthday. Nice meal, or a glass of wine with your favorite movie, something that helps you relax.

• Love
Reactions: death137, Silvermorning, whywere and 2 others
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
I'm sorry you're suffering so badly, you don't deserve to have to go through all of that pain. Birthdays can be such a difficult time when you're in too much pain to celebrate, I hope those around you were understanding. Hoping you're able to find some peace from all the agony soon. :hug:

• Love
Reactions: death137, Silvermorning, whywere and 1 other person
A

AintNoWayOut

Student
Jan 6, 2020
I'm sorry you have to suffer from chronic pain.. I've never experienced chronic pain myself but it really seems to completely ruin peoples lives.
I hope you have better rest of the day
Maybe you can do nice little things for yourself, just because it's your birthday. Nice meal, or a glass of wine with your favorite movie, something that helps you relax.

im trying to, but so much of my life has been escapism for the past few years that its lost its touch, like everything else. the joy is just gone from it all because im aware that im doing it all to "escape" problems that wont go away :| unless, u know...

• Hugs
Reactions: AngelGirl, HelloHell, death137 and 2 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
1st) HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 2nd) I am so sorry for your pain. You and me are twins!! I have chronic 24/7 pain from a car crash, not my fault. Now I have a wonderful pain doctor and I have hydromorphone (opoids) for the pain. It at least dials the pain down some. I pray that you can find some relief and happiness and peace. My heart truly breaks for you as I 100% am in your shoes and it is so trying. All the best to you with love, caring, empathy and all the kindness that our global family has to offer!!!!!!!! Walter:heart::hug:

• Love
Reactions: death137, Silvermorning and AintNoWayOut
A

AintNoWayOut

Student
Jan 6, 2020
1st) HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 2nd) I am so sorry for your pain. You and me are twins!! I have chronic 24/7 pain from a car crash, not my fault. Now I have a wonderful pain doctor and I have hydromorphone (opoids) for the pain. It at least dials the pain down some. I pray that you can find some relief and happiness and peace. My heart truly breaks for you as I 100% am in your shoes and it is so trying. All the best to you with love, caring, empathy and all the kindness that our global family has to offer!!!!!!!! Walter:heart::hug:

thanks buddy. and honestly i dont think i've been on opioids, only a couple different medication and none worked at all so i gave up. maybe its worth looking into but im so used to failure every time i attempt to treat my pain that i dont even bother anymore. and if i had them in my possession i'd probably try ODing if they didnt work tbh. i feel so defeated and stranded, im just sick of dealing with the same shit every day.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: whywere, death137 and Silvermorning
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
thanks buddy. and honestly i dont think i've been on opioids, only a couple different medication and none worked at all so i gave up. maybe its worth looking into but im so used to failure every time i attempt to treat my pain that i dont even bother anymore. and if i had them in my possession i'd probably try ODing if they didnt work tbh. i feel so defeated and stranded, im just sick of dealing with the same shit every day.
I 100% know where you are coming from. I have been on opoids for 5 years straight, and so far, thankfully, I have not gotten addicted to them. I take my usual amount everyday and it does work for me as far as bringing the pain down. Same here , everyday, wake up and 1st thing is WOW! the pain is unreal. I truly hope that you find a great pain doctor and he/she gives you lots of ideas and options. I went to 3 different pain doctors and the 4th one was the real deal for me. Hope like I said that you find a great doctor. Walter

• Hugs
Reactions: Silvermorning
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I'm sorry you're in pain, but hope something happy will happen for you. Happy birthday x

• Love
Reactions: AintNoWayOut and illbeinthegarage