• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

J

justwannadie

May 20, 2018
I've been practicing with both a bedsheet and scarves. I tied a slipknot and put all my weight on it. My problem isn't the knot for the noose itself (the slipknot,) it's the knot you attach to the ligature point (a beam, or a branch.) I can't find any info about what sort of knot that should be. I tried tying it into a slipknot, but it comes undone every single time when I put my weight on it for a few minutes. The knot for the noose remained intact almost each time (I must have done the slipknot wrong once) but the knot I attached to the ligature point came undone and the scarf and the bedsheet fall to the ground. I tried just coming up with my own knot one time, just wrapping the scarf around the beam a bunch of times, and trying to make it as tight as I could, and it didn't come undone that time. What sort of knot should the end attached to the beam be? I'm guessing a slipknot isn't sufficient for some reason, unless I'm doing it wrong. What knot isn't going to come undone?

Last edited:
Reactions: dano6533
J

justwannadie

May 20, 2018
The other problem is the other end is usually too short after I've tied the noose, so that also makes tying a knot more difficult.

F

FakeNews

Student
Apr 30, 2018
Too short will be a big problem. I'd try finding something else.

There are plenty of knot tying videos on the web, those above are very basic and should really have and ending know after the primary for additional security.

When I go rappelling, we use a few different ones. Just practice and always test before making your commitment.

J

justwannadie

May 20, 2018
Too short will be a big problem. I'd try finding something else.

There are plenty of knot tying videos on the web, those above are very basic and should really have and ending know after the primary for additional security.

When I go ', we use a few different ones. Just practice and always test before making your commitment.
Yeah, I guess I'm going to have to make the noose end shorter somehow so the other end will be longer. I can only use a bedsheet or a scarf. Would've been way easier with a rope, but I can't get one right now. I can't risk anyone suspecting I'm suicidal again. Will just have to use a long scarf and try to make the other end longer somehow.