A

AtSea2020

Jul 7, 2020
Hi all,
Here is a photo of the bannister which I'm planning to hang from (excuse the clothes hanging on it). My plan is to climb over the top of it, having attached the rope to the very top part as then I won't make contact with the stairs below. I'm 5ft 10 and weigh 51kg. Even though I have read the wiki resources I still have some queries and of course don't want to get this wrong!

My questions are as follows:

1. Does the rope have to be a certain thickness to ensure success? If so, which thickness. Am thinking nylon or polypropylene.

2. Should the knot be at the front of my neck or at the back? I thought the front to make sure my head pulls it down.

3. Is it best to use a wash cloth for padding or will this potentially mean it won't as well or as quick?

4. Presume a slip knot is best? I'm planning to use one without too many loops round it.

If there is any other advice that you think I would benefit from, please let me know. Thank you as always fellow SS community.

I'm planning to buy the rope in the morning and CTB Saturday morning.

Attachments

• 190BBF55-C510-4AD3-8CC9-7E80CDC18BB8.jpeg
    190BBF55-C510-4AD3-8CC9-7E80CDC18BB8.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 53
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
Hi all,
Here is a photo of the bannister which I'm planning to hang from (excuse the clothes hanging on it). My plan is to climb over the top of it, having attached the rope to the very top part as then I won't make contact with the stairs below. I'm 5ft 10 and weigh 51kg. Even though I have read the wiki resources I still have some queries and of course don't want to get this wrong!

My questions are as follows:

1. Does the rope have to be a certain thickness to ensure success? If so, which thickness. Am thinking nylon or polypropylene.

2. Should the knot be at the front of my neck or at the back? I thought the front to make sure my head pulls it down.

3. Is it best to use a wash cloth for padding or will this potentially mean it won't as well or as quick?

4. Presume a slip knot is best? I'm planning to use one without too many loops round it.

If there is any other advice that you think I would benefit from, please let me know. Thank you as always fellow SS community.

I'm planning to buy the rope in the morning and CTB Saturday morning.

Use the hanging resource, it goes into detail pretty well
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/how-to-hang-yourself.1183/

A

AtSea2020

Jul 7, 2020
Use the hanging resource, it goes into detail pretty well
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/how-to-hang-yourself.1183/
Thank you. I have already read that but still had the queries above as wanted advice specific to my proposed set up.

Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
Thank you. I have already read that but still had the queries above as wanted advice specific to my proposed set up.

One thing I know for sure is to make sure the banister is well made. I've grabbed onto one before kinda drunk and fell down the stairs after it fell off lol. I'd say put the knot right behind your jaw, like behind your shoulder a bit. The width? 2in? Don't want it too thick, but too thin it'll dig into your skin like a shitty tourniquet does. And no padding. Yes to the slipknot.

If anyone else wants to chime in or give some advice or correct me.

Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and AtSea2020
Ghassane

Ghassane

Feral kitten
Mar 8, 2020
I'll be writing for full suspension.
1 : the rope should be at least 9mm wide, noting more than 12mm, it'll take more time to close ur carotid.
2 : u want ur knot behind but it's fine to put it in front, although for full suspension u always have the noose under ur jawline other ways it'll slide up.
3 : best to not have any padding, u'll need more force to close ur carotid.
4 : An original slipknot is fine.
As an advice to u, watch all videos and photos in the hanging wiki from this site.

Last edited:
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and AtSea2020