• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

unrest

unrest

Jun 3, 2023
as the title suggests, how the hell do you live w/ managing bipolar. doctors have always brushed me off as pubescent severe depression up until march where i got diagnosed with bipolar. since then i've been in the medication trial and im just thinking how the hell do you manage. when can you recognize the mania coming on and so on?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lovedread, Life_and_Death, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
patience, self love, self honesty and introspection

Reactions: lovedread
jinx <3

jinx <3

💮she/her🏳️‍⚧️
Apr 12, 2023
I am on Abilify (a mood stabilizer) so despite my being bipolar, I don't go manic very often and when I do it's very mild and controllable. However, before I was put on medication, it wasn't really possible to "control" the mania at all. I just kind of went with it, like I became the mania and it became me. Idk how to describe it but yeah, medication really has helped me out in this regard. I hope the trial you are on works out for you. I hope you either find a medication that works for you, or figure out a way to manage the mania. I wish you the best of luck with it.

Reactions: lovedread