• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I never considerd I was able of doing that. Yes we only talked. We held long eye contact. I was very socially awkward after my second psychosis and struggled severely to hold eye contact. I am not sure how good I was in that conversation but way way better than I expected it of myself. Though I think I could only deliver because I did not overthink it. Though per definition with this thread I am going to overanalyze it. And in future I won't be that good anymore. In general I am not sure how good my social skills really were. I won't search for close contact with her I am not that interested in her. She is not in my league and I think the only reason why she liked me was because I was not sleazy and tried not to compliment her or shit like that.

So first: She is extremely attractive. Really really impressive. There are some traits of her I won't share because I don't want anyone could potentially identify her. But one specific seldom characteristic of her is seen as very very attractive. Her outer appearance is extremely good. I don't want to objectivy her. I only describe it to share the story. Her eyes are amazing. I will share the following only because it made me uncomfortable and it influenced my interaction with her. She has big breasts. Her personality seems to be pretty good but this certainly could be the halo effect.

I once wrote in this forum that I get psychotic even when I think too much about women not even interacting with them. And I am a little bit scared to get psychotic when writing this thread or when I overanalyze the conversation.

In my holidays I read The Pale King of David Foster Wallace. It was so so fucking good. It still does not leave my head. Some parts were so amazing. They touched me so deeply. There is a character in the book who is extremely attractive. She once has a long conversation with an asexual co-worker. The chapter was crazy good. When I had the talk with that woman I slightly internalized the message of the chapter. Woman who look extremely good are used to getting objectivied. They are probably annoyed to get all the compliments. All the flirting solely because you are reduced to your body. I guess in some ways it sometimes might be a curse. I could very well imagine that a woman like her is scared to be on the streets late at night. That someone might molested her and things like that in the past are not unlikely.

I am overanalyzing gazes way way too much. But I tried to look at her in the following way: yes, I see you are very attractive, I am well-aware about that, we both know it, but it is not that special, it is probably annoying to be reduced to your body, I certainly tried to send the message I don't want to flirt with you, I am just friendly without ulterior motive. And I think she liked that. She smiled at me. Looked me deep in the eyes. But here is where overthinking starts. I am pretty certain nearly 100% she is not interested in me. I think she forgot our first interaction. And I am also as I said earlier not that interested due to some reasons. Furthermore I would feel pretty superifical because I barely know her. And I think as I said the sole reason she liked me was because I treated her like a human being and not as some sort of meat. I am still not perfect in holding eye contact. I was not sure where to look when we did not hold eye contact. Usually I look at someone's body but I was scared to look at her boobs accidentally and she might notice that. I was a little bit insecure. She might noticed it but I might have behaved slightly above average in comparison with other men. Hopefully. In The Pale King DFW explained how different men behave when they have close contact to an extremely beautiful woman. Some become anxious, timid, self-conscious, awkward. I am highly surprised I did not became that in an awful manner.

I opened the book to give more details. Drinion the asexual character analyzed Meredith Rand's beauty. Her beauty is some form of power. One gets pretty fast put in one certain category if one is that beautiful. It is like a prison noone will ever judge you without being aware of that "fact". Okay now I got the paragraph.

So DFW you might have helped me in this instance. Interestingly studying DFW interviews in an insane magnitude led to my awkwardness partially several years ago in the first place.

I give it up I fucking give it up. I have the German version of the chapter in front of me. But my translation would suck ass. I am not sure how much time I invested but I searched 30-60 minutes for the chapter on English and I could not find it I am so fucking pissed. In my own words it is not magical at all in contrast to the original. Though one worry less about copyright infringement. Lol.

So I continue with the paragraph in my own words. Some men become anxious, nervous, they feel embarrassed or they are anxious that they want it - they cannot talk with you, they only can stare at you or they immediately start a show like a certain Bob in the story. They start flirting in kind of a sexist way, they want to impress you, but in reality they only want to impress other boys by showing they are not scared. And you only were there and did not really do anything. You just stood there and the other changed suddenly. (Please please David forgive me to ruin you work! He disliked the notion of a translations and I even suck so bad at it - buy the book men and women).

It sounds exhausting. All the other women hate you. (personal comment: I also noticed the evil gazes of other women. Literally. Lol.) They don't know you but they hate you only because they notice how the other boys act. As if you were a theat. Or they call you a slut without an attempt to talk with you. Even teachers stared at her. (yeah when I was in school there were such rumors about teachers too lol). They become horny. (There are many words which are very idiomatic and that I cannot translate properly). Nobody sees more in you more than a very hot girl. Beauty is a trap when you are aging. They just consider you meat. Nobody will take you serious. See your qualifications. There is a competition between women they are envious or jealous.

I will end it here my time for a useless research took me so much nerves and energy.

Maybe this thread contributes to the problem. I might generalize things because my resources are limited. I recommend the book for sure.
There were several reasons why I am so obsessed with it. It is a new good thread idea. I am impressed in a positive way about my social skills (I was a total mess and still am that often). I think I was prisoned in the situation. It became slightly uncomfortable but I was good at not showing it. I was curious about her as a person and not the facade. I did not want to be the clichee guy who starts flirting. I noticed she is used to that. I hope this thread or topic won't become a problem itself. I tend to get psychotic symptoms when developing a crush. However I am not that interested necessarily. Is it concerning I now emphasized that a third time? Lol.

I recently watched a philosphy show about ugliness. And I considered the woman in the thumbnail as quite attractive. Ironically they chose a picture where she fulfils many usual beauty standards. Though she struggled with her outer appearance especially her nose. I was superifical and annoyed when seeing that thumbnail such a good looking woman talks about ugliness. But she was a pretty interesting and deep person when she shared her story. How she was bullied at school for her outer appearance. (and as a migrant). And how she denies a nose operation due to feminist ideals. Some of her societal analyses seemed to be questionable though.

Moreover I love The Pale King so fucking much and thinking of it boosts my mood and nurtures my soul. I loved this certain chapter and was glad to dive into it once again.

Can women or men relate to my descriptions? Maybe I overexaggerated the curse of beauty in this thread. There are many advantages for sure. What do you think?

Last edited:
CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
I think looks are a curse either way, it's almost impossible to not treat someone differently because of it. I try my best to treat everyone equally but I still often find myself treating more attractive people better. It sounds awful when I say it like this and I don't try to do it purposefully but it just happens.

buoy

buoy

Kill off the old me before I decide to kill myself
Nov 8, 2023
I'm a guy and most would say I'm a confident, respectful person.

I have a similar inner dialogue when speaking to people. You're not batshit or anything and I'm proud of you for using this as an opportunity and proving to yourself what you can do.

If I can ask, could this potentially be a friend for you to practice social skills with? You may disprove some other negative notions you have about yourself, or find a place with this person where you can be honest with them about the discomfort of interacting.

P.S. I hope that this gives you a good laugh: when I'm nervous speaking to people, I have this massive internal urge to lunge forward and kiss them (no matter who they are, gender, or if theyre 40 yrs older than me) and this makes me exponentially more nervous lol

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Abandoned Character
Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
Thanks for your write up, I've added The Pale King to my list. I think it is commendable to be able to notice desire and choose to not get wrapped up in it, for the sake of yourself and the other person. Something deeper always arises when we are able to hold our immediate thoughts and feelings in an accepting space. "I see you, desire." "I see you, horniness." "Hello, anxiety." That sort of thing helps me process my immediate anxiety, especially in social interactions that you describe. Eye contact is difficult, and I also find myself wondering what to do with my eyes when contact is not made.
Have this massive internal urge to lunge forward and kiss them (no matter who they are, gender, or if theyre 40 yrs older than me) and this makes me exponentially more nervous lol
Holy shit me too, it is the weirdest thing. Similar to driving on the highway and the thought comes to slam my vehicle into the median, it's like my brain comes up with the most absurd action just to fuck with me. I remember having this thought with my english professor during a meeting and I'm just like "what the fuck, bro?" I thought I was alone on this

• Informative
Reactions: noname223
buoy

buoy

Nov 8, 2023
Thanks for your write up, I've added The Pale King to my list. I think it is commendable to be able to notice desire and choose to not get wrapped up in it, for the sake of yourself and the other person. Something deeper always arises when we are able to hold our immediate thoughts and feelings in an accepting space. "I see you, desire." "I see you, horniness." "Hello, anxiety." That sort of thing helps me process my immediate anxiety, especially in social interactions that you describe. Eye contact is difficult, and I also find myself wondering what to do with my eyes when contact is not made.

Holy shit me too, it is the weirdest thing. Similar to driving on the highway and the thought comes to slam my vehicle into the median, it's like my brain comes up with the most absurd action just to fuck with me. I remember having this thought with my english professor during a meeting and I'm just like "what the fuck, bro?" I thought I was alone on this
I thought I was alone in this too.

Lunge brothers ✊

I work in a corporate office now and jesus fuck does it hit me in awful moments. I already start to squirm when my head is running rampant, but you know how weirdly overwhelming that sensation is.

Lol thank you for sharing, I actually feel less crazy. Hope to speak with you more around here.

Be well friend

Reactions: Abandoned Character
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
If I can ask, could this potentially be a friend for you to practice social skills with? You may disprove some other negative notions you have about yourself, or find a place with this person where you can be honest with them about the discomfort of interacting.
Rather no. She is too attractive I am scared to develop a (superficial) crush. I successfully trained my social skill in college with friends and with my therapist.
But thanks for your response.

buoy

buoy

Nov 8, 2023
Rather no. She is too attractive I am scared to develop a (superficial) crush. I successfully trained my social skill in college with friends and with my therapist.
But thanks for your response.
I understand and fully respect the concept of being wary of a superficial crush forming. That's very emotionally intelligent of you.

I just wanted to advocate for you.
Proud of u ❤️

• Love
Reactions: noname223
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
So the story continued. I will have to give more details.
I met her again. She always talks with a certain guy I know (I will call him her best friend (at our college)). I tried be college friend with him because he has good social connections. She comes from a foreign country and I assume she does not know anyone at our university. The story will become pretty awkward.

I think she is probably pretty lonely. I have the feeling many women are envious of her beauty and most men who approach her have ulterior motives. I really feel bad for her. I like her has a person. Though she is way too attractive. When I develop a crush this can easily induce psychotic symptoms. For example the question does she like me or not. I would like to her help with college stuff she seems to be a good person. However I am pretty sure that would be horrible for my mental health. I would probably develop a crush pretty quickly. I already thought the last week too much about her. As I wrote it in this thread I am overthinking the interaction which ruins it. I will forever will be lonely due to that which is one of my main reasons to ctb. It ruined almost everything in the past and it will most likely continue to do so.

I have heard something in a conversation. It seems like the guy who is her "best friend" at college, who talks with her all the time has a crush on her. He wants to ask her whether she likes him. I am pretty sure she has no interest and searches for an escape. I have a theory. It is just a fact though that I don't have much evidence. Since I talked with her "best friend" he treats me like shit. He has done some weird things. My speculation is (there are some hints which are too explicit concerning privacy to mention) that she asked him for my number. I am very certain she has no love interest in me. I rather demonstratively talked to her like I am apathetic about her beauty. My theory is she has a gut feeling about the ulterior motives of her "best friend". She does not want to be socially isolated but also does not want a relationship with him.

I am in a dilemma. I want to be friends with her "best friend". At the same time I would like to help her with the college stuff but without developing a crush on her. I feel bad when she is socially isolated but it is way too bad for my mental health. Today I dodged the conversation with them because I was so fragile that I feared a mental breakdown.

At least I am not the only sucker at love.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Left