• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

R

Roadkill

Experienced
Dec 25, 2018
So maybe I should overcome my fear of gun in mouth and try working towards the correct angle? I still am partial to behind the ear...
I think the gun in the mouth is easier, since there is a big chance of error with the gun behind the ear.. but neither method is fail proof.. there is always the chance of only injury and not death..

Reactions: aenr21 and Y78
R

Roadkill

Experienced
Dec 25, 2018
I just read the wiki article on him and found this, it doesn't look like he attempted suicide after all

"Tsarnaev, who had been shot and was bleeding badly from wounds to his left ear, neck and thigh,was taken into federal custody after the standoff. Initial reports that the neck wound was from a self-inflicted gunshot due to a possible suicide attempt were later contradicted by the revelation that he was unarmed at the time of capture and a description of the neck wound by SWAT team members that it was a slicing injury, possibly caused by shrapnel from an explosion."
I never saw that before.. thanks for the info

Retched

Retched

I see the chaos in your eyes.
Oct 8, 2018
I think the gun in the mouth is easier, since there is a big chance of error with the gun behind the ear.. but neither method is fail proof.. there is always the chance of only injury and not death..
Right? No fail proof methods for anything...however there is more success in this method I hope. If I am injured only- I can't think that way. So many people succeed while not thinking with every method out there. Gotta get those vibes...

johnny

johnny

Experienced
Dec 5, 2018
Any big difference between buying a gun new vs used? Revolvers/shotguns specifically. I'm not familiar with guns and don't want to have to take it apart to clean it, put it back together etc.

Retched

Retched

Oct 8, 2018
Any big difference between buying a gun new vs used? Revolvers/shotguns specifically. I'm not familiar with guns and don't want to have to take it apart to clean it, put it back together etc.
I'm planning a used gun. A used gun will be slightly cheaper. I learned guns don't lose much value as an investment. Not that it matters in our case. Well maybe. If the survival instinct wins, you can get a lot of your money back for your purchase.

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
The biggest difference is price: you'll get a better deal on a used gun.

If you buy used at a store, or through a reputable website, the gun should be perfectly functional.

johnny

johnny

Experienced
Dec 5, 2018
The biggest difference is price: you'll get a better deal on a used gun.

If you buy used at a store, or through a reputable website, the gun should be perfectly functional.
How often do you have to take apart a gun for cleaning? Is jamming ever a concern with revolvers or shotguns?

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
How often do you have to take apart a gun for cleaning? Is jamming ever a concern with revolvers or shotguns?
For the purpose of ctb, you shouldn't need to worry about practical disassembly ("stripping") or cleaning. After all, you only need to make one shot, after which the gun's cleaning is someone else's problem.

That said, as a recreational shooter I do a very basic strip (no tools, just what is needed for cleaning) and cleaning after every time I go to the range. I also clean and oil each of my guns at least once per year even if they haven't been fired, just to check them for rust and dust --this was an Election Day tradition in my family. Anyway, I'm sure there are many, many YouTube videos that can introduce you to basic cleaning methods and supplies should you take up the passtime of shooting.

Jamming can sometimes be a concern, but with a gun fresh from the store and with a box of good ammunition the chance of a jam is very low. Revolvers, in particular, have exceptional reliability, which is why I have advocated for them in this thread. Likewise single-shot shotguns --all you'll need is one shot-- have very good reliability. Semiautomatics, pistol or long gun, have the highest chance of jamming.

If you choose to take up shooting recreationally, mechanical reliability soon becomes directly correlated to the care you give your gun. Keep it clean and feed it with good ammo (no reloads or cheap, off-brand junk) and it shouldn't ever jam.

All that said, sometimes you can get a "lemon": my first pistol (a semiautomatic), a very expensive gun bought new from a very reputable manufacturer, turned out to be a jam-o-matic. I never made it through a full magazine without at least one jam, and I eventually traded it for the gun I have now (another semiauto), which in 18 years has yet to jam. I had bad luck. That happens. But I don't think you need to worry about it for purposes of ctb; almost any gun will fire the once.

Last edited:
Retched

Retched

Oct 8, 2018
I'm still having a hard time with the actual purchase of the gun. I will go back in the shop tomorrow, maybe leave empty handed, maybe not. Like every other method...the risks...ahhhh the risks. With a firearm though, it seems the odds are more in my favor...I hope I'm not wrong.

Anubis901

Anubis901

Dec 28, 2018
I'm still having a hard time with the actual purchase of the gun. I will go back in the shop tomorrow, maybe leave empty handed, maybe not. Like every other method.

Good luck tomorrow. I never did work up the nerve to go to a gun store. I felt too ignorant even though I have a basic understanding of firearms. I bought mine online from a website that specializes in guns for females (who often have smaller hands) and picked it up from an approved dealer who did the requisite paperwork. It took me several more months to work up the nerve and be in the right mood to go to the range for a lesson.
I hope things go well for you!

Anubis901

Anubis901

Dec 28, 2018
Well. I bought one. Feels weird but good that I could possibly leave at any moment I want to now.
I don't recall - have you shot before? If not, please make sure you go to a range and shoot for a bit. Get accustomed to it. I have shot 9mm pistols before and I bought a .357 snub nose revolver. BIG difference.
I agree with that feeling. I just need to get some final paperwork in place and I'll be set for whenever it feels right.

Retched

Retched

Oct 8, 2018
I don't recall - have you shot before? If not, please make sure you go to a range and shoot for a bit. Get accustomed to it. I have shot 9mm pistols before and I bought a .357 snub nose revolver. BIG difference.
I agree with that feeling. I just need to get some final paperwork in place and I'll be set for whenever it feels right.
I haven't shot before. I'm hoping just to have to fire this gun once. However, I may convince myself to go a range and shoot a bit. I know. I'm probably the most irresponsible gun owner there ever was.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Well. I bought one. Feels weird but good that I could possibly leave at any moment I want to now.
Well done @Retched ! I'm sure you are really delighted and feel empowered. I certainly felt a sense of peace and calm when I obtained my firearm and have it safely stored away in my bedroom. I know that I could just check out at anytime (almost literally) if life really shits on me hard or becomes unbearable for me.

Retched

Retched

Oct 8, 2018
Well done @Retched ! I'm sure you are really delighted and feel empowered. I certainly felt a sense of peace and calm when I obtained my firearm and have it safely stored away in my bedroom. I know that I could just check out at anytime (almost literally) if life really shits on me hard or becomes unbearable for me.
Thank you! It is empowering. I've been practicing aim and I hope that I will be able to follow through if/when I choose to go this way. My life is pretty unbearable right now, or I wouldn't have bought it. But I feel I can wait for the "right" time at present.

Z

zzprepro

Jan 5, 2019
So I have a question. Due to personal reason, I might not choose to go the mouth method which will eliminate the brain stem and results in almost instantaneous kill. What if I aim for the heart and aorta artery area with a 9mm loaded with 115 gr hollow point. Would the massive blood loss and pressure drop will result in losing consciousness in 15-30 seconds and after that you will die in about 5-10 minutes. It is possible that you can live without half a brain but I don't think you can live without a heart. It is a feasible and somewhat reliable method?

Retched

Retched

Oct 8, 2018
So I have a question. Due to personal reason, I might not choose to go the mouth method which will eliminate the brain stem and results in almost instantaneous kill. What if I aim for the heart and aorta artery area with a 9mm loaded with 115 gr hollow point. Would the massive blood loss and pressure drop will result in losing consciousness in 15-30 seconds and after that you will die in about 5-10 minutes. It is possible that you can live without half a brain but I don't think you can live without a heart. It is a feasible and somewhat reliable method?
I think it is possible, however I would not be able to tell you about it, I'm sure someone here will chime in. I'm leaning towards aiming straight across behind my ear, but I get your point. I'd like to know the logistics of shooting self in the heart as well.

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
I understand not being able to shoot into your mouth. Honestly, I'm not keen on the idea myself. For this reason, I have been practicing my aimpoint behind the ear, with the gun aimed level and directly side-to-side.

Okay, assuming for the moment you cannot shoot into your head at all. People have certainly died by shooting themselves in the heart --it used to be an especially popular statement made by those ctb because of heartbreak. There are a couple obvious drawbacks:

1) My understanding is that the bones in your chest between the muzzle and the heart are surprisingly good at deflecting bullets, so even a shot "straight at the heart" can go awry. My understanding may be off on that, but it's something to consider. There's a reason our rib cage evolved as it did, and protecting those crucial organs is right at the top of the list.

2) It will take a considerably longer amount of time to die. I have no reliable figures for the amount of time it would take to lose consciousness, and to then die, but it will be a far cry from instantaneous. Will you bleed out? Quite likely, eventually, but remember that the sound of a gunshot will catch people's attention, and you might not have as much time to exsanguinate as you'd think.

So can you do it? Probably, but I have no knowledge to offer that would allow you any assurance of success. Would I recommend it? Not if I had the option of a head shot.

Z

zzprepro

Jan 5, 2019
it used to be an especially popular statement made by those ctb because of heartbreak. There are a couple obvious drawbacks:
There is some light of truth right there..
1) My understanding is that the bones in your chest between the muzzle and the heart are surprisingly good at deflecting bullets, so even a shot "straight at the heart" can go awry. My understanding may be off on that, but it's something to consider. There's a reason our rib cage evolved as it did, and protecting those crucial organs is right at the top of the list.

2) It will take a considerably longer amount of time to die. I have no reliable figures for the amount of time it would take to lose consciousness, and to then die, but it will be a far cry from instantaneous. Will you bleed out? Quite likely, eventually, but remember that the sound of a gunshot will catch people's attention, and you might not have as much time to exsanguinate as you'd think.
Yep, rib deflection is a serious issue with handgun ammunition due to less kinetic energy, there's no telling where it would go, I have personally heard cases where bullet went downward and ripped liver and intestine or sideways and put a nice tear in your lung, that's why you aim between the ribs. The reason for this method is that it does not traumatize the cleanup person as much as seeing brain matters and a nice hole in your mouth. Worst case of shooting yourself in the heart that there's a chance it deflects toward your lung causing it to collapse and you end up choking on your own blood, not a good way to go out.

Last edited:
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
You too, hm? It's pretty damned awful.

Aiming between your ribs is a good principle, I'm just not sure how effective it is in practice. The angles get complex once you need to worry about getting a bullet in behind the sternum.

As for the clean-up, you're probably talking about a lot of blood to clean up from a heart shot. If I decide to go out via a behind-the-ear brain shot, I intend to be in the bathtub, where the mess can be disposed of fairly easily.

Z

zzprepro

Jan 5, 2019

Yep, rib deflection is a serious issue with handgun ammunition due to less kinetic energy, there's no telling where it would go, I have personally heard cases where bullet went downward and ripped liver and intestine or sideways and put a nice tear in your lung, that's why you aim between the ribs. The reason for this method is that it does not traumatize the cleanup person as much as seeing brain matters and a nice hole in your mouth.
You too, hm? It's pretty damned awful.

Aiming between your ribs is a good principle, I'm just not sure how effective it is in practice. The angles get complex once you need to worry about getting a bullet in behind the sternum.

As for the clean-up, you're probably talking about a lot of blood to clean up from a heart shot. If I decide to go out via a behind-the-ear brain shot, I intend to be in the bathtub, where the mess can be disposed of fairly easily.
There are cases where dudes took a shot at their chests with a 12 gauge slug round. The hole it left behind is pretty massive

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Yes, a 12ga slug causes enormous trauma, and is unlikely to be deflected by the ribs (unlike a 9mm). Even if the slug is deflected somewhat, the hydrostatic shock inflicted would likely cause fatal damage. BUT, aiming a 12ga at your own chest and then having the reach to pull the trigger is quite awkward. Unless you felt like building yourself a 12ga pistol --buy an old single-shot 12ga and hacksaw short the barrel and stock-- I wouldn't bother to go too far in exploring that option.

And the mess from the exit wound would be astonishing. 12ga slugs are fearsome things.

Stillnotsure

Stillnotsure

Experienced
Dec 18, 2018
I haven't shot before. I'm hoping just to have to fire this gun once. However, I may convince myself to go a range and shoot a bit. I know. I'm probably the most irresponsible gun owner there ever was.

I've been thinking, it may be easier to ctb if you don't test fire the gun. You won't know when to expect it to fire as you press the trigger, that takes the flinch response out because you haven't learned any bad habits yet.

Of course you can go test fire it, but you may find it easier not to.

Retched

Retched

Oct 8, 2018
I've been thinking, it may be easier to ctb if you don't test fire the gun. You won't know when to expect it to fire as you press the trigger, that takes the flinch response out because you haven't learned any bad habits yet.

Of course you can go test fire it, but you may find it easier not to.
That's kind of what I'm thinking....I mean, I'm dry firing a bit but not too much and I would rather it all surprise me rather than worry about this, that and the other.

Purgatory

Purgatory

Oracle
Mar 21, 2018
I was 10 when I got my first gun. A .22 rifle. No recoil on that. Not suitable for ctb though. A decent gun with ctb probability is going to kick. Test fire it. Get used to it. When the time comes, be used to it and don't flinch.

Sidenote: I hate seeing firearms used to ctb. It is fast and easy, I know. In the US, it adds to gun violence statistics. Those statistics are used by anti gun activists to further their agenda.

I would do it, in a pinch, but prefer other options. Peace to those of you who ctb this way. Just pointing out the (US) ramifications.

Retched

Retched

Oct 8, 2018
I was 10 when I got my first gun. A .22 rifle. No recoil on that. Not suitable for ctb though. A decent gun with ctb probability is going to kick. Test fire it. Get used to it. When the time comes, be used to it and don't flinch.

Sidenote: I hate seeing firearms used to ctb. It is fast and easy, I know. In the US, it adds to gun violence statistics. Those statistics are used by anti gun activists to further their agenda.

I would do it, in a pinch, but prefer other options. Peace to those of you who ctb this way. Just pointing out the (US) ramifications.
I respect the fact that guns used to ctb have a negative impact on gun violence statistics. In fact I have thought long and hard about it after getting to know a few gun enthusiasts during my purchasing process. On the other hand, it is something I am considering and if/when I ctb.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018

Yeah it is the unfortunate consequence of ctb'ing with a gun. However, given my circumstances, I believe that ctb'ing via a firearm would be only hope since N is illegal and difficult to obtain (too much trouble for me plus too risky and expensive for me), inert gases aren't easily obtainable, I don't like heights, hanging isn't as reliable nor do I always have access to the right places to do it, therefore, firearms is my method since I live in the US, in a state with fairly lax gun laws overall.

While I do feel bad that gun ownership is stigmatized and I (as well as others who ctb via gun) become more statistics to gun violence, that's not my problem that first off society has put significant barriers to ctb, persecute and imprison those (who have committed no crimes) against their will for simply wanting to leave the world (preferably peacefully), and also those anti-gun crowds choose to skew statistics to fit their agenda (in fact we can't control what others do or how they choose to think). One thing that has made me feel less guilty is the words of an redditor (presumed ctb'ed) from SE Asia by the name of 'xnoneofyourbusinessx' had a thread on the now banned r/SS subreddit that stated the reasons people go to extreme means to leave is because society has made it difficult, hard and terrible for suicidal people, including prohibiting euthanasia and other peaceful deaths. If society legalized euthanasia and allowed people to die peacefully, then a lot of people wouldn't resort to such means, and he has a good point. Tbh if voluntary euthanasia was legal, then I wouldn't ctb via firearm or even live in a constant state of alertness and vigilance and would have been able to live and breathe easy.

sif

sif

You deserve love
Dec 28, 2018
Does anyone know of a way to access a gun in england? Is it easy to get to a shooting range and shoot a pistol? would it technically be possible?

Purgatory

Purgatory

Oracle
Mar 21, 2018
Yeah it is the unfortunate consequence of ctb'ing with a gun. However, given my circumstances, I believe that ctb'ing via a firearm would be only hope since N is illegal and difficult to obtain (too much trouble for me plus too risky and expensive for me), inert gases aren't easily obtainable, I don't like heights, hanging isn't as reliable nor do I always have access to the right places to do it, therefore, firearms is my method since I live in the US, in a state with fairly lax gun laws overall.

While I do feel bad that gun ownership is stigmatized and I (as well as others who ctb via gun) become more statistics to gun violence, that's not my problem that first off society has put significant barriers to ctb, persecute and imprison those (who have committed no crimes) against their will for simply wanting to leave the world (preferably peacefully), and also those anti-gun crowds choose to skew statistics to fit their agenda (in fact we can't control what others do or how they choose to think). One thing that has made me feel less guilty is the words of an redditor (presumed ctb'ed) from SE Asia by the name of 'xnoneofyourbusinessx' had a thread on the now banned r/SS subreddit that stated the reasons people go to extreme means to leave is because society has made it difficult, hard and terrible for suicidal people, including prohibiting euthanasia and other peaceful deaths. If society legalized euthanasia and allowed people to die peacefully, then a lot of people wouldn't resort to such means, and he has a good point. Tbh if voluntary euthanasia was legal, then I wouldn't ctb via firearm or even live in a constant state of alertness and vigilance and would have been able to live and breathe easy.
Inert gasses are more easily obtainable than firearms. Even here, in the USA.