Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Does anyone have any ideas on how to mitigate the guilt of dying via suicide?

I suppose leaving a note of explanation, tidying up affairs if possible, conveying that the decision was the result of years of suffering, and that every waking moment was a certain torture.

Suicide is lonesome. I leave behind few people who care, and leave no dependents or obligations to loved ones but I can't seem to shake the nagging guilty feeling, although I know rationally it is my right as an individual to choose the manner and means and timing of my death.

Can anyone relate?

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Redt2go, RoloTomasi and 12 others
J

jethacan

Apr 17, 2018
I felt guilty too, until the people who I felt guilty for got police involved and shipped me off to a mental hospital. I realised how selfish these people are deep down. Everyone are out for themselves, so do what you have to do for yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Redt2go, licebap and 9 others
S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018

I suppose leaving a note of explanation, tidying up affairs if possible, conveying that the decision was the result of years of suffering, and that every waking moment was a certain torture.

Suicide is lonesome. I leave behind few people who care, and leave no dependents or obligations to loved ones but I can't seem to shake the nagging guilty feeling, although I know rationally it is my right as an individual to choose the manner and means and timing of my death.

Can anyone relate?
I will be leaving my family and I guess I feel a little guilt for that but that is all. I think I have the right to do as I please with my life or death.

Reactions: Redt2go, shattered dreams, Maggotymaggots and 3 others
wezel

wezel

Experienced
Aug 14, 2018
Its my life and I am doing this because I am suffering like an animal.
Guilt is a luxury I cannot afford any longer.

Reactions: Redt2go, Volatile, shattered dreams and 5 others
skitliv

skitliv

Le mort joyeux
Jul 11, 2018
My guilt is very strong, I'm still not sure how to bypass it

Reactions: Redt2go, Nzbeelover, shattered dreams and 3 others
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
I think it's strong if you are living with them especially.

Reactions: Redt2go, shattered dreams and Maggotymaggots
T

Tiburcio

I feel guilty sometimes but when I feel it is really strong; if the day of my suicude guilt comes, I will be completely unabled to do it.

Reactions: Redt2go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and 3 others
F

Fixin’ToDie

Jun 11, 2018

Can anyone relate?
No guilt whatsoever; no one else in my life to consider. I do however sometimes get a nagging feeling that in dying by suicide, I'm messing with something I don't fully understand. But even this is diminishing as the imperative to get this life over becomes more and more compelling.

Reactions: Redt2go, Morning Angel, WanderingEremite and 5 others
shattered dreams

shattered dreams

Student
Jun 5, 2018
Add another vote for no guilt whatsoever. Both of my parents are gone and I have no family or friends that care about me. It is sad to me when I read obituaries and it talks about how someone will be greatly missed. There will be no funeral for me. I am actually sad that I have to say no guilt whatsoever. To have guilt, there would have to be someone who cares. There are actually former friends and family members that will be thrilled if/when they find out I am gone. Fuck this life, I cannot take it anymore.

Reactions: Ivenocare, Redt2go, GoneSeptember2018 and 5 others
WorthlessGirl

WorthlessGirl

Aug 15, 2018
I have no guilt, I'm suffering too much mentally. I'm going to die sooner or later anyway, the few who care will have to deal with my death eventually. I could get a terminal disease or die tomorrow in an accident. Who cares if I kill myself or die in an accident, I will die no matter what.

Reactions: Redt2go, lv-gras, shadow11 and 5 others