R

rainmoon

Sep 30, 2020
Do you think it is considered guilt tripping for a loved one to make you feel bad about your thoughts of ctb because of what it would do to them? For example them saying "it would destroy me if you went" or "you can't do that to this family"? Or even if your therapist kept bringing up the negative effects that it would have on your loved ones?

I'm not sure, and obviously I'm biased but those kinda things just rub me the wrong way and make me feel worse

• Hugs
Reactions: Silvermorning and 262653
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I feel like a recorder that constantly rewind since I have said this so many times "no one asked to be born so everyone have the right to die" so yes it IS guilt tripping in your quotes the people say "it would destroy ME" or "you CAN´T do this to your family" that is 100% selfish behavior you didn´t have a choice to be born so you have to suffer? That doesn´t seem very empathetic like keeping a person artificial alive just because some people can´t let the people go this is just worse because you´re not in a coma you´re suffering.

Would they say the same if you were being tortured and physically suffered for years on end or would they understand? People are selfish and what people call life is just a rat race anyways to work most of your "life" just to exist to keep suffering. So in short YES it is in fact guilt tripping because they use emotional blackmail to keep you alive because THEY will have a hard time after but maybe that is what they need in order to understand what real suffering is and maybe then they would understand why you did what you did to end the suffering no matter if it´s a physical or a mental condition you´re trying to escape from I know this isn´t a popular opinion but this is how I see it.

Reactions: Silvermorning and rainmoon
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
Yes I believe it's guilt tripping. My mom has said similar things. These phrases are used to try to change our minds, and the only way that would possibly work is if we feel too guilty about it.

Reactions: rainmoon
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I think it also depends on the way it's said. It could very well be intended to make the person feel guilty, but it could just be honesty as well. You could argue that it's selfish, but love IS selfish. People who care about you have as much right to want to keep you with them as you have to want to go.

Reactions: Silvermorning, 262653 and rainmoon
R

rainmoon

Sep 30, 2020
I feel like a recorder that constantly rewind since I have said this so many times "no one asked to be born so everyone have the right to die" so yes it IS guilt tripping in your quotes the people say "it would destroy ME" or "you CAN´T do this to your family" that is 100% selfish behavior you didn´t have a choice to be born so you have to suffer? That doesn´t seem very empathetic like keeping a person artificial alive just because some people can´t let the people go this is just worse because you´re not in a coma you´re suffering.

Would they say the same if you were being tortured and physically suffered for years on end or would they understand? People are selfish and what people call life is just a rat race anyways to work most of your "life" just to exist to keep suffering. So in short YES it is in fact guilt tripping because they use emotional blackmail to keep you alive because THEY will have a hard time after but maybe that is what they need in order to understand what real suffering is and maybe then they would understand why you did what you did to end the suffering no matter if it´s a physical or a mental condition you´re trying to escape from I know this isn´t a popular opinion but this is how I see it.
Thanks for that, I'm just so tired of being told that I must live for other people. Why do I have to exist, as a shell, and push through every single painful day just so other people don't have to feel bad?

and it's so hard to vocalise this opinion because people really act like it's such a ludicrous thing

Reactions: TheGoodGuy
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Thanks for that, I'm just so tired of being told that I must live for other people. Why do I have to exist, as a shell, and push through every single painful day just so other people don't have to feel bad?
Remember you don´t HAVE to do anything you don´t like.
and it's so hard to vocalise this opinion because people really act like it's such a ludicrous thing
And this one is very tricky the only people you can convince suicide is rational is it´s about a terminal ill person like someone inevitable dying of cancer and even then there are people against that.

I am quite alone in my view of suicide, since my teens I always just thought if life gets hard enough I can just quit and this is why I backup almost everyone´s CHOICE to ctb on this site even though other members say that isn´t a reason to ctb and sometimes even insult them for their reasons. And I suffer from over a dozen physical and mental illnesses that gets worse year by year so objectively I am most likely worse off than most of this forum however pain and suffering is subjective so despite all of my illnesses a person who might "only" have depression it´s the worst they have ever felt so them ctb is justified to me it´s not a competition we are here because we suffer no matter how big or small a person´s opinion on the matter is. I even think if a healthy person physically and mentally wants to ctb "just" because he/she don´t want to work 8-10 hours a day 5 days a week at a job they don´t like for the rest of their life i.e. the rat race then that is reason enough for me to accept their CHOICE and again you don´t HAVE to do anything if it causes you misery and never let anyone tell you otherwise you decide the fait over your life never forget that :heart:

Reactions: rainmoon
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Remember you don´t HAVE to do anything you don´t like.
This.

Guilt is hard. I struggle with so much guilt. But it can't hold me hostage longer than I choose to let it.

Reactions: rainmoon and TheGoodGuy