Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
I've seen a lot of doubt regarding whether or not someone is conscious or unconscious during a full suspension hanging attempt. Below I've linked some videos in which people are undoubtedly conscious for a few minutes (due to them not following the hanging best practices).

https://videos.watchpeopledie.tv/1719035815680032.mp4

In the video above, the woman is conscious because she didn't put the knot behind her neck. At some point she tries to reach for the ladder (unsuccessfully).

https://videos.watchpeopledie.tv/17214022355227306.mp4

In the video above, the woman did something wrong, however we can't tell what went wrong because we can't see her neck and the noose around her neck.

https://videos.watchpeopledie.tv/kq2muorx.mp4

In the video above, the woman used a non-constricting noose.

https://videos.watchpeopledie.tv/17054167523214734.mp4

In the video above, the girl used a non-constricting noose. Also, she put her hand between the noose and the neck.

https://videos.watchpeopledie.tv/16937749321849043.mp4

In the video above, the girl used a non-constricting noose.

What does a good hanging look like? How does a hanging look like when someone is unconscious?

https://videos.watchpeopledie.tv/17033690077027779.mp4

https://videos.watchpeopledie.tv/17113823430920124.mp4

NSFW – best example: https://www.livegore.com/422543/chasing-orgasmic-bliss-almost-there-2

How to make sure you lose consciousness instead of struggling to breathe for a minute or two?

1) Make sure you put the noose as high up in the neck as possible.

2) Make sure you use a constricting knot, such as a noose knot (instead of a hangman's knot).

3) Make sure you put the knot perfectly behind your neck.

That's all. Now you know how to avoid the most common hanging mistakes!

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Okokaykay, dinosavr, lunar echo and 20 others
D

dolemitedrums

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2024
For quickest results and minimal discomfort do you have ideas on the width or type of cord.

Reactions: lachrymost
Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
For quickest results and minimal discomfort do you have ideas on the width or type of cord.
In my attempt I'll be using a "12mm polyester braided" rope.
Also, make sure to have a tablecloth or a plastic bag around your neck to avoid a neck burn from the rope.

Reactions: tenshi天神 and dolemitedrums
FadingDawn

FadingDawn

Experienced
Jul 18, 2023
i guess the reason i didnt pass out is because i used a belt, when i tried; and though i know generally how and where to look for it, i couldnt find the proper artery to compress. any helpful comments?

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
Why do you think that the people in the videos are conscious for minutes? Only the woman in video number 4 stays consciousness because she holds the rope. All other persons show convulsions as well as decorticate and decerebrate rigidity, what is typically for hanging after passing out.

Sure, your three points are the gold standard of hanging it brings the most pressure on the neck. But the pressure is more than twice as high as needed to block the carotids complete, so it dosen´t matters were the position of the knot is and wether the noose is constricting or not.

I was hanged a number of times and the knot was between eye and ear, and the contriction of the noose was prevented by a stop knot and I passed out within 5 to 15 seconds. It is sufficiant to block the blood vessels on one side of the neck because you cannot be half unconscious.

Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
i guess the reason i didnt pass out is because i used a belt, when i tried; and though i know generally how and where to look for it, i couldnt find the proper artery to compress. any helpful comments?
Yes, passing out using a belt is harder than passing out using a rope. The reason for that is because the belt has a wider surface, so it will put less pressure on any specific point.
The carotid artery is accessible most easily on the top of the neck. You know, where you can feel the pulse by placing your fingers.
So yeah, I recommend using a rope and placing it at the top of the neck next time.

Reactions: promapicide
L

LeoSS

Oct 20, 2023
Hi Evelyn, what do you mean by a non-constricting noose?

Never mind, I found it.

Last edited:
Reactions: HazelTheGhost
sameoldMantra

sameoldMantra

Aug 3, 2024
If You want to stop the circulation and not suffocate it Will be partial hanging . Of course You going to suffocate if You go all weight against Your neck right away.
So What You can tell in the right videos is they first look to apply pressure in the points then You automatically loose strenght and release yourself already unconcious

Last edited:
Reactions: promapicide, lunar echo and tenshi天神
C

Caesarion

Aug 12, 2024
My primary concern is that I have quite a wide neck, could that be a problem?

Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
Can you feel your pulse in your neck? If so, it shouldn't be. It may even be an advantage, in case you try out full suspension, since you have more muscle to cushion your windpipe.
The noose will mostly press against the front of your neck, not the sides, so you should be alright.

Last edited:
C

Caesarion

Aug 12, 2024
Can you feel your pulse in your neck? If so, it shouldn't be. It may even be an advantage, in case you try out full suspension, since you have more muscle to cushion your windpipe.
So you are saying, it might prevent the pain from crushing the windpipe, while the arteries are exposed enough to be blocked and so cut off oxigen to the brain? I m not sure if I feel the pulse. What could it mean if I don't?

Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
So you are saying, it my prevent the pain from crushing the windpipe, while the arteries are exposed enough to be blocked and so cut off oxigen to the brain?
Correct, that's exactly what I'm saying.
I m not sure if I feel the pulse. What could it mean if I don't?
It's quite unlikely that you can't feel your pulse. But if you don't feel confident in this method, don't do it.

Last edited:
P

PhDone

Jul 29, 2024
If You want to stop the circulation and not suffocate it Will be partial hanging . Of course You going to suffocate if You go all weight against Your neck right away.
So What You can tell in the right videos is they first look to apply pressure in the points the….
Are you saying you cant achieve unconsciousness due to arterial occlusion during FSH? That you will always have suffocation immediately? I thought the methodolgy @Evelyn Lane was teaching was about ensuring unconsciousness first so everything from there is happening when you're out of it?

Last edited:
Reactions: prana
Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
Are you saying you cant achieve unconsciousness due to arterial occlusion during FSH? That you will always have suffocation immediately? I thought the methodolgy @Evelyn Lane was teaching was about ensuring unconsciousness first so everything from there is happening when you're out of it?
Full suspension hanging is more effective than partial suspension, unconsciousness comes quicker in full suspension due to you applying more weight. Arterial occlusion is even more effective during full suspension.

I will say that there will be some discomfort (feeling like you can't breathe) before passing out, but that's true also for partial suspension hanging.

I assume by "suffocation" he means not being able to breathe. This also happens during a successful partial suspension, since your hyoid bone will obstruct your airway. In the videos I published, you can clearly see them having agonal breathing (with a few exceptions).

Last edited:
Reactions: promapicide
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
Only thorethical, the pressure on your neck is inversly proportional to the diameter of your neck, but it is also directly propotional to your body weight. As poeple with wide necks have normally a higher body weight this effect should be compensated. Nomally the body weight is much more than needed to close the carotids complete.

Reactions: Evelyn Lane
Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
You mean right below your jaw line right? Can you explain why this is better than what this person wrote in their post: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/hanging-comfortably.28034/
Hello there. Yeah, the guide you linked is for partial suspension, not full suspension. For partial suspension, I do agree that placing the rope halfway between your Adam's apple and the base of your neck is most comfortable. But it also requires more force to compress it, due to the muscles. In my guide, I meant to say that only for full suspension the rope should be placed at the top. Meanwhile, if you're doing partial you have more options.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I agree that it is most comfortable where you said, but it's just hard to make it work. If you can make that work, it's a great spot.

Reactions: JFED
P

pagertail

Aug 15, 2024
Hello there. Yeah, the guide you linked is for partial suspension, not full suspension. For partial suspension, I do agree that placing the rope halfway between your Adam's apple and the base of your neck is most comfortable. But it also requires more force to compress it, due to the muscles. In my guide, I meant to say that only for full suspension the rope should be placed at the top. Meanwhile, if you're doing partial you have more options.
Thank you for explaining. I didn't realize that was for partial... So, all the way at the top, directly below the jaw. And then, step/push off the chair gently and let gravity naturally tighten, no need to do a little hop off the chair? Would a light hop help or hurt?

Reactions: Evelyn Lane
Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
Thank you for explaining. I didn't realize that was for partial... So, all the way at the top, directly below the jaw. And then, step/push off the chair gently and let gravity naturally tighten, no need to do a little hop off the chair? Would a light hop help or hurt?
Hey, I'm happy to help! I don't recommend jumping or hopping since it will be harsher on your windpipe. You don't want to accidentally close off the windpipe for good now, do you? So I recommend you either step off, or, if you're smart, lift yourself using another rope or towel or pair of trousers and gently place yourself off the chair.
You want to do things fast enough so that you don't bloat your head, but not too fast so that you close off your windpipe permanently or cause damage to your throat, for example.

Last edited:
P

pagertail

Aug 15, 2024
Hey, I'm happy to help! I don't recommend jumping or hopping since it will be harsher on your windpipe. You don't want to accidentally close off the windpipe for good now, do you? So I recommend you either step off, or, if you're smart, lift yourself using another rope or towel or pair of trousers and gently place yourself off the chair.
Thank you. So are you recommending a gentle stepping into/easing down into it as much as possible? I've read others say gently going into it can lead to not restricting the carotid arteries enough.

Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
Thank you. So are you recommending a gentle stepping into/easing down into it as much as possible? I've read others say gently going into it can lead to not restricting the carotid arteries enough.
As I mentioned, you should do this fast enough, but not too fast (as in sudden). Your carotid arteries should be compressed regardless since you have more than enough weight to do that (people compress their carotids even with partial). I think you should be fine. You could do it with a gentle hop, aided by a towel or another rope, to slow down your fall, as in, climbing down, for example.
But it is true that hopping and jumping applies more force and compresses faster and harder. That is true. I guess it's up to you to decide what the best approach is.

Reactions: pagertail