• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

KadathianStr1d3r

KadathianStr1d3r

Shattered Mannequin
Nov 21, 2018
I'm at my breaking point here in America. I've reasoned out a few key sources that are causes of my mental afflictions and that can be mostly attributed to just being born in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm 51% White and 49% Navajo, born in a time where there is absolutely no Native control of anything and where the mere state of being a White man is enough to get you hated for. America is a disaster that steamrolls ever so gleefully towards whatever it might; race war, elite feudalism, white supremacist's state or crazed Christian theocracy.

I need to get out of America, I need to leave and never come back. I am not left or right but I am simply looking for flight from catastrophe.
I'm thinking about leaving to Scotland or Ireland, spend a year there and hopefully move to one of the Nordic countries.
I need your' guy's opinions here? Is this a good idea and most of my mental problems would vanish? Will it even be worse on the other side of the ocean? I need both honest opinions as well as good advice for a soon to be American expat such as yours' truly?
Please anything would help!?

I don't want to kill myself......

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I'm thinking about leaving to Scotland or Ireland, spend a year there and hopefully move to one of the Nordic countries.
I need your' guy's opinions here? Is this a good idea and most of my mental problems would vanish? Will it even be worse on the other side of the ocean?
We don't know how severe your mental problems are... Nordic countries are expensive to live in, but if you can get a decent job there, go for it...

KadathianStr1d3r

KadathianStr1d3r

Shattered Mannequin
Nov 21, 2018
We don't know how severe your mental problems are... Nordic countries are expensive to live in, but if you can get a decent job there, go for it...
I suffer from a undiagnosed case of derealization, clinically diagnosed severe anxiety, clinically diagnosed minor bipolar mood disorder and minor depression. The serious one is both anxiety and derealization.
I wanted to go move to the English Isles first before I venture into Nordic territory, get a footing in Europe and use it to adjust myself to a non-American life.

• Aww..
Reactions: Flippy
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I suffer from a undiagnosed case of derealization, clinically diagnosed severe anxiety, clinically diagnosed minor bipolar mood disorder and minor depression. The serious one is both anxiety and derealization.
I wanted to go move to the English Isles first before I venture into Nordic territory, get a footing in Europe and use it to adjust myself to a non-American life.
Well, if you wanna live in any of the countries you mentioned, you better be able to hold down a decent-paying job...
Btw, don't use the term "the English Isles" in Ireland & Scotland unless you want a broken nose :)) It's the British Isles.

Reactions: KadathianStr1d3r
Flippy

Flippy

Felis Sapien
Jan 5, 2020
I'm really sorry for your situation, sadly the UK seems to be experiencing a bit of a collective ideological meltdown at present. With some of the politics being expressed here at the moment I don't think you would find your situation improved by moving to the UK! Trust me, I would be on the first plane to some European liberal democracy in a heartbeat if my country hadn't decided to make that practically impossible.

If you really want to emergrate somewhere just across the pond, Ireland might be the best choice, probably not Northern Ireland as it's part of the UK and our collective self halm is probably going to make that a very volatile place to live before too long tragically :-(

KadathianStr1d3r

KadathianStr1d3r

Shattered Mannequin
Nov 21, 2018
Well, if you wanna live in any of the countries you mentioned, you better be able to hold down a decent-paying job...
Btw, don't use the term "the English Isles" in Ireland & Scotland unless you want a broken nose :)) It's the British Isles.
Thank you. I won't forget that :)
Despite my mental condition I can hold a decent job pretty well.
I'm really sorry for your situation, sadly the UK seems to be experiencing a bit of a collective ideological meltdown at present. With some of the politics being expressed here at the moment I don't think you would find your situation improved by moving to the UK! Trust me, I would be on the first plane to some European liberal democracy in a heartbeat if my country hadn't decided to make that practically impossible.

If you really want to emergrate somewhere just across the pond, Ireland might be the best choice, probably not Northern Ireland as it's part of the UK and our collective self halm is probably going to make that a very volatile place to live before too long tragically :-(
I was thinking Ireland was going to be my best bet. Sorry to hear about the UK though.
I figured this was going to be rich in irony but I already planned ahead and decided im leaving America the next 4th of July of 2022.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: motel rooms
justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021
The thing about (mental) health problems is that they tend to move with the body they are part of. A change of enviorment can result in less triggers for mental health problems, or more.

Being an immigrant is stressful even for people in good health. Immigration to places similar to yours will probably result in less stress, but similar enviorment might have similar effect on mental health (think of UK as USA-lite). Moving to a totaly different eviorment is a high-risk high-reward endeavor.

On top of all that, there is money. Financial troubles make people suicidal all around the world.

KadathianStr1d3r

KadathianStr1d3r

Shattered Mannequin
Nov 21, 2018
The thing about (mental) health problems is that they tend to move with the body they are part of. A change of enviorment can result in less triggers for mental health problems, or more.

Being an immigrant is stressful even for people in good health. Immigration to places similar to yours will probably result in less stress, but similar enviorment might have similar effect on mental health (think of UK as USA-lite). Moving to a totaly different eviorment is a high-risk high-reward endeavor.

On top of all that, there is money. Financial troubles make people suicidal all around the world.
That is true.
But I'm pretty sure that if I leave a country my situation might improve. I'm going abroad for cheaper schooling. I've did a certain amount of research and I think this is the best thing for me right now.

I

Irrelevant biologist

Jun 3, 2020
America sux so bad
But I have no experience with any other country
Good luck with your decision

• Hugs
KadathianStr1d3r

KadathianStr1d3r

Shattered Mannequin
Nov 21, 2018
America sux so bad
But I have no experience with any other country
Good luck with your decision
Thanks
Anymore more advice will be greatly much appreciated but I'm setting my mind on this decision to be my new future.
White supremacy is going crazy here and black nationalism demands too much.
I'm probably living in the circle of the shit cream that's about to be spread and that shit cream is Utah.
Imagine being told by one of your white supremacist "friends" that Mormons are so right about their history about how natives can't build all civilization and all the ruins left here in America were made by whites that gone extinct. Really shifty feeling being dehumanizing but then again I am more white so why do I give a shit.
This is going to be a massive shitfest in the near future and I really don't see myself living through it if I stay here.
I'll leave America in about a year.

Last edited:
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I loved Norway when I visited. Crazy expensive and the language may be challenging. Most speak English in the cities, but you will be expected to learn Norwegian unsurprisingly.

KadathianStr1d3r

KadathianStr1d3r

Shattered Mannequin
Nov 21, 2018
I loved Norway when I visited. Crazy expensive and the language may be challenging. Most speak English in the cities, but you will be expected to learn Norwegian unsurprisingly.
Honestly money shouldn't be a problem for me.
I know a good deal about computer hardware and basic framing so finding a job really should not be hard.

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Honestly money shouldn't be a problem for me.
I know a good deal about computer hardware and basic framing so finding a job really should not be hard.
Good luck then! Rooting for you!

B

Beached_whale

Jul 9, 2021
Get an internationally mobile job high in demand that operates mostly in English everywhere or will allow you to work in workplaces that operate predominantly in English (some careers are more amenable to this than others like software engineering I think) preferably with a degree. Unless you get a very high paying job in London don't come to the UK.. it's going to shit. Go anywhere else in Northwestern Europe (Netherlands, nordics, Germany, ireland)... You'll have access to the whole EU visa free once you're fully settled. Or go to Canada. But note that in the UK and Canada the housing crisis is at a ridiculous level now. I don't know how it is in Europe. I think its better in places like Germany where there are rent controls.

Last edited:
KadathianStr1d3r

KadathianStr1d3r

Shattered Mannequin
Nov 21, 2018
Get an internationally mobile job high in demand that operates mostly in English everywhere or will allow you to work in workplaces that operate predominantly in English (some careers are more amenable to this than others like software engineering I think) preferably with a degree. Unless you get a very high paying job in London don't come to the UK.. it's going to shit. Go anywhere else in Northwestern Europe (Netherlands, nordics, Germany, ireland)... You'll have access to the whole EU visa free once you're fully settled. Or go to Canada. But note that in the UK and Canada the housing crisis is at a ridiculous level now. I don't know how it is in Europe. I think its better in places like Germany where there are rent controls.
Thanks friend.
I'll record this and use it to the best of my abilities.
Thank you.