• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

seeking2024

seeking2024

May 2, 2024
what kinda of evil must exist in this world that sites, even in 2024, don't have a dark mode option.

i have a couple browser/add-on options to help with this.

how did we go so long w/o this kind of option? (spoiler, i was on the internet around the year 2000 lol)

• Yay!
Reactions: Sprite_Geist and psp3000
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
how did we go so long w/o this kind of option? (spoiler, i was on the internet around the year 2000 lol)
I wasn't alive in 2000 but I assume that everyone didn't care yet or think about because customization on personal blogs, websites, and forums was still a huge thing that you could do on just about any site so I guess in a way if you wanted dark mode you could just do it yourself rather than worrying about it if you knew css and html stuff

seeking2024

seeking2024

May 2, 2024
i didn't really have the technical knowledge to do it on the desktop at that time so there were hardware options (dark screen shades etc) that could be purchased as aftermarket accessories. not quite the same but helped a ton. imo - perhaps my eyes just are made to handle such blinding bright white light. ;)

they did ok with the full eclipse in april tho. :D

• Informative
Reactions: psp3000
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
i didn't really have the technical knowledge to do it on the desktop at that time so there were hardware options (dark screen shades etc)
I can't really imagine what this is as I've never heard of it before so in my mind I imagine that this means something similar to car window tinting but for computer monitors (sounds really interesting and I would like to hear more about this hardware accessory)

because when I search for this on Google it only brings up Black Out curtains and blinds for windows

seeking2024

seeking2024

May 2, 2024
it is (was) just a simple plastic frame with clips to attach to a crt monitor with a dark but transparent piece of screen in the middle to cover the whole screen monitor. i did a quick search but didn't see one but i'm sure they're still out there somewhere.

• Informative
Reactions: psp3000