• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
If I am still alive then I will enjoy them a lot.

DeSantis seems to be currently more popular and more successful than Trump. But I think Trump is really strong at debates. This will be very entertaining. My secret hope is both damage each other so much that it will have a disadvantage at the 2024 election.

In one of my prediction threads I stated DeSantis will be 2024 US-president. After these midterms this seems even more likely. Either Trump or Gavin Newsom will probably have the chance to stop him. I doubt Biden will be running.

If I was American I would vote Bernie Sanders if possible. However I would also vote for Democratic centrists if this was the only choice.

I don't know who is worse DeSantis or Trump in my considerations. I think Trump is too whiny concerning the election he lost. This basically ruined his chances a lot. I am not sure whether DeSantis will attack democratic values. But I could also see that he does not even have talk about that. He probably wins also in an election that is not rigged.

Last edited:
E

earshurt

Oct 11, 2022
Prior to the midterms, I thought for sure Trump would win the '24 primaries. He has that rockstar quality among R primary voters that just isn't going away. But after the midterms, I'm not so sure - DeSantis and his cronies in Florida won big time, while MAGA acolytes struggled nationwide. More importantly, the media has picked up on this trend and furthered this narrative.

Biden will definitely be running again in '24, unless he's literally dead or incapacitated. Traditional political wisdom in the U.S. states that the incumbent president has an advantage, and an old-school politician like Biden would be unwilling to give up that perceived advantage by retiring. I doubt any other major figure in the Democratic Party would challenge him when he runs. The Dems are loyal to each other like that.

Assuming Sanders is not retiring, he would still up for re-election in '24 and I think he would prefer to run again for Senate rather than make a third hopeless run up the hill for President. I like the guy, but come on. It's time to pass on the torch to a younger face, like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Trump will be the next president as long as he is still alive- as old as these candidates are a heart attack or stroke is always a risk, especially considering that trump makes no attempt to eat healthy. But I'm sure he gets frequent checkups and gets anything treated early, so he'll likely be in good health. In this case the odds are at least 90% that Trump will be the next president- he knows how to intimidate the republicans and keep them in line, and most will support him due to this. In my opinion Trump is the worst possible choice but he will win in a landslide. Desantis may run a mild campaign against Trump and then fold his cards early and be Trump's vice president- that's what I would expect to be most likely. Then he would posiition himself to win the next election potentially- he's young, he has time. The Democrat's only chance is if Biden says very soon that he is not running in order to let younger, healthier people take over the Democratic party- this would give them a great chance to win- but Biden is way too selfish to put his country and his party before himself, so he won't do this, and this walking dumpster fire is going to hand the election to Trump.

BipolarExpress

BipolarExpress

he/him · tired/exhausted
Nov 11, 2022
Trump will be the next president as long as he is still alive- as old as these candidates are a heart attack or stroke is always a risk, especially considering that trump makes no attempt to eat healthy. But I'm sure he gets frequent checkups and gets anything treated early, so he'll likely be in good health. In this case the odds are at least 90% that Trump will be the next president- he knows how to intimidate the republicans and keep them in line, and most will support him due to this. In my opinion Trump is the worst possible choice but he will win in a landslide. Desantis may run a mild campaign against Trump and then fold his cards early and be Trump's vice president- that's what I would expect to be most likely. Then he would posiition himself to win the next election potentially- he's young, he has time. The Democrat's only chance is if Biden says very soon that he is not running in order to let younger, healthier people take over the Democratic party- this would give them a great chance to win- but Biden is way too selfish to put his country and his party before himself, so he won't do this, and this walking dumpster fire is going to hand the election to Trump.
That's what I'm terrified of. Biden is too old to run for a second term. He should step down for the good of the nation and allow a different Democrat to run. Trump is also old, but he's still younger than Biden and probably has the energy to pull off a second four-year term.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I now hate Trump even more because he dodged the debates. I would have loved to see Trump vs "Tiny D" how Trump called him. The fight would have been epic. But Trump would have probably bulldozed him anyway.