Status
Not open for further replies.
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
This is the thread from a few days ago. I'm guessing they would've gone with the Croatian source because they're from there, and it was only 3 days before this goodbye post. I don't think the other sources could've sent it that quickly. If they did survive I hope they can make a full recovery and shed some light on the issue.
you may have actually narrowed down what went wrong (aside from not drinking their second glass immediately), possibly. i'd be curious to know if they actually bought nitrite and not nitrate. and if it is nitrite, what was the manufacturer and quality control for the purity? DMC for example, gets theirs from BASF, the largest chemical manufacturer in the world, so it's obviously very high quality. not sure about the polish source.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, maynoname, opheliaoveragain and 1 other person
po1sentree

po1sentree

ᠭᠤᠨᠢᠭᠲᠠᠢ
Sep 14, 2024
When I read people's goodbye threads, a deep sense of sadness fills my heart. I wish they had been treated better by life and others. All I can do is cry and pray for their peace.😢

• Love
Reactions: DrearyAsh348, Manfrotto99, Jon Arbuckle and 1 other person
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I'm sorry, but maybe could a thread about suspicions of fake SN posts be started or something? It feels disrespectful to speculate on a goodbye thread. I'm not against the discussion, but not here, jic. It makes me feel uneasy to call someone a liar/debate about them under their potential final moments, cause we don't know it's fake (or real)
Technically, we can't know if any goodbye threads are real, whether they sound convincing or not
As someone who attempted SN, survived, and returned to this forum months later only to realize my goodbye thread had become people speculating if I was lying, I would appreciate if people stopped this discourse. Especially on someone's goodbye thread this is extremely disrespectful.
Similar but not nearly as exaggerated. Just sort of pain, not feeling like it was the correct method, etc.
@willitpass I think ?
I don't think this is the place to be having these conversations.

Please refrain from turning goodbye threads into tangential discussion. If people have comments or questions please make a new thread out of respect for OP.

• Hugs
Reactions: sevennn, Buffy, Spaghettii and 12 others
C

CantDoIt

Mage
Jul 18, 2024
As someone who attempted SN, survived, and returned to this forum months later only to realize my goodbye thread had become people speculating if I was lying, I would appreciate if people stopped this discourse. Especially on someone's goodbye thread this is extremely disrespectful.

I don't think this is the place to be having these conversations.

Please refrain from turning goodbye threads into tangential discussion. If people have comments or questions please make a new thread out of respect for OP.
Yeah I agree with you, apologies. I created a new thread since people seemed to want to talk about it.

Reactions: opheliaoveragain and Plato'sCaveDweller
M

malevolentdiety

Student
Mar 16, 2024
Once again I hope you're right, but I don't see what makes this testimony so suspicious to you, the effects described are indeed those caused by SN intake, and the facts actually demonstrate that a significant proportion of suicide attempts with this method end up in the emergency, most certainly because the symptoms are too difficult to endure.
Sn is described as peaceful by stans guide when following correct protocol

Reactions: opheliaoveragain and Plato'sCaveDweller
S

swankysoup

Feb 12, 2024
I'm still going through with it, going to down both glasses and even if I suffer for an hour it's a small price to pay for an end to lifelong pain. Mine will be here in a week and I won't have to deal with this intolerable existence any longer.

Wishing you profound peace OP, you deserve it and so does everyone whether it's in this life or after.
I agree, no method is perfect, imagine all the messages people could never post when they did something even more painful. This thread was hard to read, no one should go through this alone.

Reactions: ItsyBitsyWeetard
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
I'm sorry, but maybe could a thread about suspicions of fake SN posts be started or something? It feels disrespectful to speculate on a goodbye thread. I'm not against the discussion, but not here, jic. It makes me feel uneasy to call someone a liar/debate about them under their potential final moments, cause we don't know it's fake (or real)
Technically, we can't know if any goodbye threads are real, whether they sound convincing or not
You are absolutely right. This is not the place. Imagine OP survives and comes back to read this thread. I admit I'm guilty myself. Good idea on making a different thread to discuss this issue.

• Hugs
Reactions: fleetingnight, v089 and opheliaoveragain
C

CantDoIt

Mage
Jul 18, 2024
Guys, I made a thread for this if you want to discuss it.

• Hugs
Reactions: fleetingnight, opheliaoveragain and Plato'sCaveDweller
T

TinyGuy

Aug 30, 2024
I feel so bad for OP i hope they found peace so sad that they had to go in such a painful way

Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sep 2, 2024
Dignitas does not use SN; they use pentobarbital.
I was under the impression they also used SN. Did this change at some point (or was it never the case)? I don't want to unknowingly spread misinfo, so my bad if that was not the case. Though, I can no longer edit my comment to remove that bit if it's misinfo. But it doesn't necessarily take away from the main point of my comment, which was to inform people that this was a very strange case and something went wrong here that is not representative of the average SN experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Talvikki
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
When I read people's goodbye threads, a deep sense of sadness fills my heart. I wish they had been treated better by life and others. All I can do is cry and pray for their peace.😢
Same here, I think it's because "that's me" in a sense🌹💔

Talvikki

Talvikki

Warlock
Nov 18, 2021
I was under the impression they also used SN. Did this change at some point (or was it never the case)? I don't want to unknowingly spread misinfo, so my bad if that was not the case. Though, I can no longer edit my comment to remove that bit if it's misinfo. But it doesn't necessarily take away from the main point of my comment, which was to inform people that this was a very strange case and something went wrong here that is not representative of the average SN experience.
No worries! Dignitas has always used pentobarbital and has never used sodium nitrite (SN). It's understandable that there might be confusion, but no organization has officially used SN in this context. You're absolutely right that the main point of your comment stands, and it's important to emphasize that this was indeed a very unusual case. Something clearly went wrong here, and it's not representative of the typical SN experience.

• Love
Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sep 2, 2024
No worries! Dignitas has always used pentobarbital and has never used sodium nitrite (SN). It's understandable that there might be confusion, but no organization has officially used SN in this context. You're absolutely right that the main point of your comment stands, and it's important to emphasize that this was indeed a very unusual case. Something clearly went wrong here, and it's not representative of the typical SN experience.
Hmm, I wonder where I got that from then. I can't remember if it was something that was discussed here on the forum sometime during the last 2 years (since I began lurking the site) or something I read elsewhere. Anyways, I'm gonna ask the mods to remove that bit of my comment, since I always want to make sure I provide good and accurate info. It's important, especially since we're dealing with something as serious as CTBing. I truly appreciate you bringing it to my attention, it's the first and last time I'll ever share that false fact.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Talvikki
X

xaddysaddy

Sep 7, 2024
If anyone needs to talk or just wants someone to be there you can add my Snapchat @xaddyrex. This thread just broke me.

Reactions: DrearyAsh348
sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
Since there have been lots of new posts since I last came here, I didn't take the time to read every new posts, so my bad if I am missing anything

I see some posts doubting OP's experience. While it is completely reasonable, but I do believe this was legit

In the end, it took 40 minutes of symptoms to build up and reach that stage, but still not enough, so he / she took the 2nd glass of SN at that point, to finish the job

Of course, none of us want it to take that long, but overall it sounds like under 1 hour, with 2 glasses of SN, it got the job done. Wouldn't say that is completely out of the ordinary

Especially from what I noticed over the years from people's last moments with SN, is the person begins to start having more and more typos in their writing. Then once you see the typos accumulating, the person ends up stop posting shortly after. This also happened here, so I believe this is legit

As for why it took so long and so painful, that I have no explanation, except for truly feel for the OP. I can't imagine what they were going through at that exact 40 minute mark, forcing themself to chug that second glass, when they made it clearly in the beginning they simply didn't have it in them to do it

I really can't imagine what that moment was like....... truly not something pleasant

Was indeed difficult to witness. Hope OP is in much better place now. Admire the bravery

Last edited:
Reactions: DrearyAsh348 and ihateearth
J

Juggernaut1010

May 31, 2024
Sorry to hear that OP struggled with SN. Hoping that I don't face the same issues.

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I'm not going into detail, but we have enough reason to believe this is a fake story.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: Buffy, logi3535, FERAL_FRENZY and 14 others
Status
Not open for further replies.