Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
In my opinion, a bad person is one who harms the community and a good person is one who benefits it. And between this range there is a whole scale of degrees where the majority of humanity is.
Following this thought I can safely say that a large part of people are on the spectrum of kindness.

Now, if we start to evaluate outside the human community and the impact we have as a species in this world, things are seen from another perspective.. but I usually limit my definition to what I said before above.

//

Segons el meu parer una persona dolenta es aquella que perjudica la comunitat i una persona bona es la que la beneficia. I entre aquest ventall hi ha tota una escala de graus on es troba la majoría de la humanitat.
Seguint aquest pensament puc dir tranquilament que una gran part de la gent está en el espectre de la bondat.

Ara bé, si ens posem a evaluar fora de la comunitat humana i l'impacte que tenim com espécie en aquest món les coses es veuen desde un altre perspectiva.. però normalment limito la meva definició al que he dit abans més amunt.

Reactions: deadbody
B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
I guess it's true that we become what life makes us. I'm sorry life and people have treated you so badly.
Can you explain?
In my opinion, a bad person is one who harms the community and a good person is one who benefits it. And between this range there is a whole scale of degrees where the majority of humanity is.
Following this thought I can safely say that a large part of people are on the spectrum of kindness.

Now, if we start to evaluate outside the human community and the impact we have as a species in this world, things are seen from another perspective.. but I usually limit my definition to what I said before above.

//

Segons el meu parer una persona dolenta es aquella que perjudica la comunitat i una persona bona es la que la beneficia. I entre aquest ventall hi ha tota una escala de graus on es troba la majoría de la humanitat.
Seguint aquest pensament puc dir tranquilament que una gran part de la gent está en el espectre de la bondat.

Ara bé, si ens posem a evaluar fora de la comunitat humana i l'impacte que tenim com espécie en aquest món les coses es veuen desde un altre perspectiva.. però normalment limito la meva definició al que he dit abans més amunt.
Wouldn't we have incentive to keep the good ones around rather then cannibalizing them?
There are, but unfortunately, there are few truly kind and selfless people. Mostly, someone is nice to you because they expect something from you. And if you do not live up to their expectations, not a trace remains of their former kindness.
And in my situation? How did I fail? I didn't do anything wrong?

hibikikyuxx

hibikikyuxx

Student
Oct 17, 2023
Genuinely good people do exist. But they are very rare. A genuinely good person is, in my eyes, someone who helps others without expecting anything in return. I was lucky enough to meet one or two of such people although I lost contact with them years ago due to the big age difference and different interests.

Reactions: voyager, Dead Ghost, deadbody and 1 other person
deadbody

deadbody

he/him 🏳️‍⚧️
Oct 24, 2023
And in my situation? How did I fail? I didn't do anything wrong?
Unfortunately, I don't know you enough to fully understand your situation and I'm not going to claim that I understand you 100% because that would be a lie. You didn't do anything wrong, I'm sure you're a wonderful person who doesn't wish harm on anyone. The way life and the people around you have treated you is a terrible injustice that you do not deserve.

If you want to talk or just vent, I'm here.

Reactions: brokeandbroken
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Can you explain?

Wouldn't we have incentive to keep the good ones around rather then cannibalizing them?

As in- we have the potential to be a lot of things in life. Maybe we do have certain genetic influences that predispose us to be- in your words- more 'good' or 'bad'. But beyond that- it's going to be whatever befalls us in life and how we adapt to it that determines how we end up.

So- there will be people on here who inherited the disposition to be kind, loving, giving, patient. But- maybe their trust is abused in life. Maybe they are abused in life- so- they become cold, angry and resentful. They don't want to open themselves up to people anymore for fear of being hurt again- understandable. Do they come across as being a 'good' person- perhaps not. Perhaps they come across as a bit aloof and distant and angry because that's what they've had to adopt as a defence mechanism. Given optimal circumstances- maybe more people would be 'good' people. I expect a lot of the negative traits we pick up are because bad things have happened to us.

Really though- it depends on the person and their reaction. We all react differently to things. Some people live the most horrendous lives and they use that to set up charities etc. to help others in the same plight. Others become resentful and angry and commit crime. It'a hard to judge how much of it is genetic and how much of it is choice. It's easy to say which action appears good and bad though.

Reactions: brokeandbroken, Dead Ghost and deadbody
nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
They exist but are very few and far between.

Reactions: brokeandbroken and voyager
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
They do, I'm one of them...though I have made terrible mistakes in the past.🤷

DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
I am a nice person but we are very rare.