• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

fewmoredays

fewmoredays

May 11, 2024
God may be good or bad but he definitely isnt fair.

Reactions: Forever Sleep, divinemistress36, Meteora and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
God doesn't exist lol. If he does somehow exist, then he is apathetic

• Informative
Reactions: Rocinante, Suicidebydeath and Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

It's beautiful down there in Hell.
Apr 17, 2023
I'm an Apatheist. I don't care if he exists. My life is still shit regardless.

Reactions: Forever Sleep, baller, Alexei_Kirillov and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm agnostic so I believe that even if he is real, he purposefully makes his existence ambiguous enough just to fuck with everyone.

I also think if he's real, then his plan is for me to kill myself just to motivate other people's lives somehow.

Reactions: Forever Sleep, divinemistress36, baller and 2 others
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
He's neglectful.

Reactions: Forever Sleep and Dr Iron Arc
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

It's beautiful down there in Hell.
Apr 17, 2023
He's an absentee landlord! Worship that?! Never!
-al pacino

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
  • Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, golta, baller and 2 others
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I don't believe in God (I don't claim to know for sure whether there is or isn't a being of higher power, but I tend to tread along the side of doubt), but if there hypothetically was one or several then it would depend on several factors. Which religion is this God(s) from? Does this God(s) have some objective idea of good and bad or are those just human concepts? Why did said God(s) create us? I probably have some more questions but I'm too tired to think of them (I had a long day). Even then, whichever answer I come up with wouldn't matter because it's just my subjective opinion at the end of the day. There is no way for me to objectively judge the character of this God because I can only evaluate them through my biased perspective as a measly human being. There is no telling if my mortal mind would even be able to comprehend the full complexity potentially associated with this mythical being and thus make a good judgment on whether I think they are good or not. Would I even be able to categorize them as good or bad or are they just as complex, if not even more complex, then your average human, making it impossible to just simplify them down into one of two categories?

My point is, I'm an idiot and if God exists then they know it.

Reactions: ChiseHatori
ChiseHatori

ChiseHatori

Mar 2, 2023
To preface, I can respect most beliefs, though I myself am atheist. Also, this got really long winded and probably doesn't make much sense...

There is one particular religion that was intriguing to me, and it was very keen on this specific topic. I won't name the religion right now as I may be getting some of these facts wrong, as it's been a long time.

But, in that belief, this 'world' is essentially a womb, or like a long test of sorts. 'God' evaluates how you do, and depending on how it all goes after death you basically live in a state of repentance or acceptance for an inconceivably long time until you've reached some kind of nirvana, where you 'ascend' into the new world, a sort of harmonious paradise (not at all like Catholic heaven). It isn't described, it was said to be basically just similarly incomprehensible but, I guess just amazing? Pretty much, they said that our world is just like some kind of stage 0. In that religion, even someone like Hitler would eventually reach the next 'stage', it would just take much longer.

Actually, the show "The Good Place" had a similar system by the end, if you've ever seen it. It's a neat concept, although something about it unsettles me for some reason.

My point is, 'God' is essentially whatever humans think it is. It can be an indifferent overseer, a benevolent being, a parental figure, a brother, a daughter, it doesn't matter.

Personally, if I had to choose one, I think the above system is the most ideal God realistically - obviously a kind God would not leave us in the world we have now, and a unkind God would be... perhaps more realistic to some, but unfortunate and sad. An indifferent God who is only there to observe and take note seems to be a common factor in many religions, so I guess many feel the same.

I can't personally find myself believing in the supernatural, but it's fun for me to learn about others religions and viewpoints.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Pluto, Dr Iron Arc and Suicidebydeath
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
To preface this, I respect everyone's beliefs (thanks for the reminder @ChiseHatori ), and below is just my personal belief. I have to remind myself, that everyone's religious beliefs can offend everyone else, but I've posted now and there's not much we can do about that besides not talking about it at all. So here goes:

If God exists, he isn't good, nor fair, nor omnipotent. Nor completely evil, because as much as I agree with points against him, he could make all of us suffer an eternal hell dimension, if he existed, and I'm pretty sure things could be worse for many people.

It's more likely that God doesn't exist and the entire concept of religion is a man-made contraption. There is an edge case for God existing but not being omnipotent and thus not being able to control everything, I suppose.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Actually, the show "The Good Place" had a similar system by the end, if you've ever seen it. It's a neat concept, although something about it unsettles me for some reason.
Holy crap, someone else finally mentioned The Good Place! Personally I think if God is real then He should already have taken notes on how to design the optimal afterlife from the fixed version of it at the end of the series.

Reactions: Suicidebydeath and ChiseHatori
acephale

acephale

Miroir
May 12, 2024
I believe that I am God, a infinite soul that moves from father to the son, ca va comme ca.

Reactions: divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
Some say we are God and maybe there are multiple Gods and Goddesses?

Reactions: leavingthesoultrap
golta

golta

Just wants more company
Apr 14, 2024
I believe there is a maker but they don't care about us

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
According to human morality, I find God's actions or innactions difficult to understand. Perhaps there is a greater good, a bigger plan. Perhaps all the suffering and bad things that happen are necessary. I just can't fathom how though. If it's truly to teach us something, their methods seem odd.

Plus, if there is a God, they created it to be like this. Surely, they could have created a system with less or even no potential for suffering. So- they do want there to be suffering. I can't see what else you can conclude.

Other than that they are deeply incompetant and didn't really know what they were doing. In which case- it's manslaughter rather than murder. They didn't intend for it to be like this. In which case- they are massively irresponsible and possibly insane by our standards but- not bad as such- if the intention wasn't there.

I'd say there was intention there though and either, it's too complicated for our brains to comprehend. There maybe are other factors at work that mean everything does turn out for the best. Or, it's all deeply f*cked up!

By human standards, I'd say God is a complete monster. Sadistic, narcissistic, psychopathic. A genocidal maniac. There isn't a being on this earth that has come up with the kind of atrocities God has. The most depraved mind on this earth was created by God after all!

So yeah, I really struggle to see them as good. I love some of their creations but their moral compass is peculiar. That's why I find it so odd that God wants us to have such a strong moral compass. But then, not really. It fits with my idea of them as a narcissistic, power mad dictator. 'Do as I say, not as I do' type of thing.

One of my biggest questions is why we are able to question. God clearly wants obedience. Perhaps that is praised more highly than anything else. It seems you can actually sin, so long as you fall on your knees and believe that God has the power to forgive you. Again- kind of weird. Wouldn't it be better to try and make it up to the person you had wronged?

But yeah- why even create us so we have the choice to believe? The ability to doubt and question. I guess God gets a thrill out of people having faith maybe. Knowing they could choose. They maybe even have reason to hate God but they still insist they love them. I often see it as this weird, abusive, coercive relationship. Imagine if you had a real life relationship with God. They kill your family members, give you random diseases, create natural disasters to destroy your home. Would you really stick with them? Surely, only out of fear.

I really hope there isn't a God because I can't see how they could be good. Plus, I don't want to live under something elses control- regardless. I don't like being a slave.

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
You're alive somewhere from 0 to 100ish years with a soul, and something vague about how you live that life determines if you get an ETERNITY of punishment or salvation, with no opportunity after your life to fix things. Infinite suffering for ages if you screw up here. I have a hard time accepting that as being good or kind in any way.

(assuming Judeo-Christian god)

Coconut blue

Coconut blue

May 13, 2024
bible says he created man in his own image. which is to say he's awful if he exists.

Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
God can be anything anyone wants them to be so idk

but to me a god that condemns any person to live in hell forever is evil