S

sui4

Oct 11, 2020
Look. God can't be mad cause you won't worship him or her like a slave and feed that distorted ego. God is so immature. He or she throws a temper tantrum when you don't do what he or she wants and says "Ok. I'm gonna make you burn forever."

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: CuriousAboutThis, omoidarui, ecmnesia and 9 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Careful you might trigger a worldwide flood.

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: SpinningSong, Gentleman, Wayfaerer and 18 others
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Do you think God exists?

Reactions: disabledandhopeless
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
I don't believe there is a place for content like this on a forum such as this one.

Reactions: tidalwxves
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I don't believe there is a place for content like this on a forum such as this one.
You could be right so you can use the report button and put why you reported it.

Reactions: Sensei
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
So sorry, I'm new here and just finding my way around. I don't believe the post is worthy of a report, but I do think the OP may be just here for a laugh!

• Hugs
Reactions: XYZ and 262653
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I think it's fine if it's an offtopic thread.
There are threads all the time about 'God', religion, the afterlife, nihilism, antinatalism etc.

Reactions: Wayfaerer and Ghost2211
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
Yes, I believe that is the OP's intention, to rile people. So, perhaps best to ignore...?

Reactions: XYZ, Meditation guide and esse_est_percipi
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Yes, I believe that is the OP's intention, to rile people. So, perhaps best to ignore...?
I think it would unsafe to second-guess the OP's intentions, so it would be best to just ignore if you don't feel comfortable with the post.

Reactions: XYZ, Ghost2211, GoodPersonEffed and 1 other person
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
Thank you, I will ignore in future.

• Hugs
Reactions: XYZ, 262653 and esse_est_percipi
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020

I can see how it might be bothersome and feel as if it offends. I can also see how it's relevant here because people are considering the end of their lives, and many struggle with whether there is a God, a heaven and a hell. It's one of the top recurring themes that people try to work through here. I have no idea what the OP's intentions are, of course.

• Love
Reactions: Soul, _Minsk, Lost in a Dream and 11 others
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
In the context of the initial post, I don't feel the content belongs here. It's a rambling, like that of someone who is seeking attention.... imo.

Reactions: tidalwxves
YellowSneakers

YellowSneakers

Aug 2, 2020
God was created in the minds of people to bring a false but reassuring sense of order to the frighteningly random nature of existence.

• Love
Reactions: omoidarui, ecmnesia, jolo44 and 3 others
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
God was created in the minds of people to bring a false but reassuring sense of order to the frighteningly random nature of existence.
I was pretty small, about five years old, when I was going somewhere with my dad and for some reason he told me about god. I wish I remember what he said about it but something like there was a big man in the sky who controlled everything. And since it was my DADDY and I loved and trusted him without question I knew he was telling me the truth, as surprising as it was.

I didn't meet my first athiest until I was in my late 20s and thought he must be very evil to think such a thing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Homecoming, Lost in a Dream, 262653 and 1 other person
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
I don't know why all of you don't understand that all religions have been put to rest by science and archeology. For example the Israeli prime minister Benjamin Natenyahu or whatever his second name is went to Egypt and proclaimed that Israeli built the pyramids as slaves, it's been proven by payroll records that no slavery was involved yet Bible itself mentions slavery in Egypt. Please accept the fact religion is man made and that man made God and not the other way round.

Last edited:
Reactions: Disappointered, HappyMstake, Homecoming and 2 others
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
There's no probably about it payroll records confirm that people who built the pyramids were not slaves yet the Israeli who gave to you the Abrahamic religion claim otherwise. Also prime minister of Israel claiming it in article, saying we built these pyramids on his trip to Egypt. Would you say an Israeli doesn't know his Bible. One thing is sure and I've seen it time and again religious texts books have been rewritten many a times to take care of anomalies like this or conjecture is provided to ridicule science or archeology.

Last edited:
Reactions: Disappointered, 262653 and x~Sophia~x

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I don't know why all of you don't understand that all religions have been put to rest by science and archeology. For example the Israeli prime minister Benjamin Natenyahu or whatever his second name is went to Egypt and proclaimed that Israeli built the pyramids as slaves, it's been proven by payroll records that no slavery was involved yet Bible itself mentions slavery in Egypt. Please accept the fact religion is man made and that man made God and not the other way round.
I too think that it was man who made God, but doesn't man need building blocks to build something? What do you think about the origin of those pyramids? Anything you believe in, anything you consider a fact?

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
My supposed religion is Hinduism and most Hindus are always trying to prove it but I have accepted that our religious texts are just stories and mythology, just like the mythologies of Greek and Roman god's who have for the most part gone the way of the dodo.

You should read some of the texts of my religion especially the parts about Hindus mastering air travel but losing that knowledge over time long before airships, even before oil was discovered.

I don't know why we come to understand certain religion as mythologies and others not. Just because we didn't bear witness to any of the miracles of their founders.

But the thing about religion is it dispels a lot of fears people have about unknown topics, vast majority of people don't want to believe that they stop existing after death because they want an afterlife, they want an anything, Religion is the only one stepping forward to give them that.

And you have to pay subscription as it is a subscribed service. In India it's pay as you use.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Disappointered, puppy9 and Ghost2211
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Sorry guys im late to this post.
Has anyone worked out whether there is a god or not yet?
Are you sure op isn't just venting about his dissilusion with religion and god? It's a pretty Liberal forum tbh. You will see a lot more controversial stuff than this lol. Welcome. ❤️

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Homecoming, puppy9, woxihuanni and 5 others
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
Sorry guys im late to this post.

Religion has made this an unanswerable question you would have better luck in banging your head against a wall at least you know that the wall will win.

I would like to thank the OP for stirring the shit yet again and disappearing, he qualifies as God in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: puppy9, Ghost2211, x~Sophia~x and 1 other person
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Religion has made this an unanswerable question you would have better luck in banging your head against a wall at least you know that the wall will win.
I know. Its the most unanswerable question.

I would like to thank the OP for stirring the shit yet again and disappearing, he qualifies as God in my opinion.
This one goes a little further though lol. God doesn't only exist. He also gets angry and doesn't really have the right to.
That's why I love this forum, so many individuals and thought provoking viewpoints. I don't get this anywhere else.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul and Ghost2211
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
There's no probably about it payroll records confirm that people who built the pyramids were not slaves yet the Israeli who gave to you the Abrahamic religion claim otherwise. Also prime minister of Israel claiming it in article, saying we built these pyramids on his trip to Egypt. Would you say an Israeli doesn't know his Bible. One thing is sure and I've seen it time and again religious texts books have been rewritten many a times to take care of anomalies like this or conjecture is provided to ridicule science or archeology.

Why are payroll records suddenly the Big-Eye-Yam? When you look at payroll records from 1800 Atlanta do you expect to find enslaved people on it, or records of payments to people who were paid?

I'm far from a fundamentalist and Netanyahu is an ass, but the saga of Hebrews (not "Israelis") undergoing oppression in an area that translates as Egypt and then escaping that oppression despite their miserable status is a very resonant myth that's been valuable to other enslaved people as well as inspiring miles of excellent music.

So let my people go, please. What's the topic here, anyway?

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 94 and Ghost2211
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
a very resonant myth
This exactly a myth which most people have assigned the status of infallible truth, and are like kill and be killed for it. Hebrews or Jews still hate Arabs nations because of this, one Jewish person had said so and felt ashamed not of his hatred but because it may have been for no reason.

• Hugs
Reactions: Disappointered and Ghost2211
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
This is all very interesting (:heh:) but I know there is something that has come along suddenly and helped me when literally all was lost. It's happened at least a couple of times. I know it came from outside, like a hand reaching down out of the clouds to pull me through.

And I know when I meditate there is this big impassive eye that looks back at me. No emotion or expression in that eye but its not me. It's someone or something else. God? My soul? Both? I think it's sort of "the real me", which is apart from
my every day existence and just watches the show. And it is separate from me. It's not involved in any of this that goes on in what we think of as "life". It's just there watching.

So if you want to say God is bad, or God is this way or that way, tell it to that big internal eye that is watching all this impassively. I don't know that it cares about any of this mess. But once in a great while you may find some help out of nowhere.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Homecoming, lost guy and XYZ
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
This exactly a myth which most people have assigned the status of infallible truth, and are like kill and be killed for it. Hebrews or Jews still hate Arabs nations because of this, one Jewish person had said so and felt ashamed not of his hatred but because it may have been for no reason.

Excuse me? I have tried and failed to understand what you're trying to say.

Yes, the Exodus story is mythology; that's what I said. Yes, religions (Hinduism included) are used to wage wars and other horrible things. (I used to value Buddhism very highly for not engendering wars, but then those assholes in Myanmar went after the Rohingha, so there's another good theory shot to hell.)

However, whatever "one Jewish person had said" (are you referring to Jesus? or Netanyahu?) (ha! it cracks me up that I honestly can't tell which you mean!) has nothing to do with what makes the Exodus myth resonant. Nor do anybody's payroll records.

What was the topic at hand - what God can and can't do? You can decide for yourself, how's that. And then you can decide to believe in your creation or not.

• Love
Reactions: Ghost2211 and XYZ
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020

You didn't get the memo? The answer is in there... Oh boy... now you'll never know:hihi:

• Love
Reactions: woxihuanni, Ghost2211 and Mm80
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
You didn't get the memo? The answer is in there... Oh boy... now you'll never know:hihi:
I used to be indecisive...now im not so sure

• Love
Reactions: XYZ, Dead Horse, GoodPersonEffed and 3 others