KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
When I was a kid and would sit down to watch TV it always filled me with an impending sense of dread.

I grew up in a very impoverished area in an otherwise rich country and seeing all these depictions of what things were "supposed" to be like for children my age only crushed me further. Being in kindergarten and watching all the other kids making mothers day cards, when there was no one to receive mine, was one such moment where I realised my life was not going to be happy and joyful like everyone else's.

Autism gifted me with speech problems and motor skill difficulties. If I had lived among civilised people instead of a bunch of ignorant and cultish hicks my development probably wouldn't have stagnated, but there was no help for autistic children.

I was one of maybe 3 people in my entire class who could not play a sport and that was the only measure of your worth where I lived. My school couldn't afford to have textbooks and so I struggled to revise for exams when I got to high school. No one cared that many of my classmates were functionally illiterate. Everywhere I looked I saw depictions of what life was supposed to be like, but that seemed so far away from the reality I lived in.

Is it sad that I still think of that as the happiest time of my life, albeit an objectively horrible one? I wouldn't endure it again, but I'd choose it any day over what life had in store later on. It baffled me that people still tout the idea that things get better and uphold it as a panacea to all life's ailments. Like some fairy godmother is going to come along and magic the bad things away.

The only thing that gets me through it is knowing that someday this agony will end. No more ptsd flashbacks, no more fear, no more unsatisfaction, no more tragedy. What a relief that will be.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 262653, PureMetanoia, Meditation guide and 4 others
adam&eve

adam&eve

Student
Dec 16, 2020
Well, I don't know much about autism but you are very articulate and intelligent which is something many "normal" people aren't.

What you're saying is exactly what I was thinking about when posting this thread, about the relief of a part of your life being over like you were in some kind of a Holocaust camp instead of reminiscing on happy memories.

The same will happen when time ereases our current struggles, until it all at last ends...the same relief from life.

Should this be so, is this what God intended for the lives of the some? It is very cruel to have to "endure" life and then finally have relief.
I am so angry at people who say "yeah well everyone has some karma and maybe people who suffer were bad in past lives". I consider this to be so rude and without sentiment for another person's suffering, like, who cares if you're screwed, just keep on suffering it is all your fault. No empathy no nothing, just- your fault, what can we do? Is this really how God views things, that he doesn't care for the suffering? Are people who suffer bad and they deserved it?

But then, people who suffer all have in mind one - relief. It's so beautiful when it comes. Nothing is forever.
When I was a kid and would sit down to watch TV it always filled me with an impending sense of dread.

I grew up in a very impoverished area in an otherwise rich country and seeing all these depictions of what things were "supposed" to be like for children my age only crushed me further. Being in kindergarten and watching all the other kids making mothers day cards, when there was no one to receive mine, was one such moment where I realised my life was not going to be happy and joyful like everyone else's.

Autism gifted me with speech problems and motor skill difficulties. If I had lived among civilised people instead of a bunch of ignorant and cultish hicks my development probably wouldn't have stagnated, but there was no help for autistic children.

I was one of maybe 3 people in my entire class who could not play a sport and that was the only measure of your worth where I lived. My school couldn't afford to have textbooks and so I struggled to revise for exams when I got to high school. No one cared that many of my classmates were functionally illiterate. Everywhere I looked I saw depictions of what life was supposed to be like, but that seemed so far away from the reality I lived in.

Is it sad that I still think of that as the happiest time of my life, albeit an objectively horrible one? I wouldn't endure it again, but I'd choose it any day over what life had in store later on. It baffled me that people still tout the idea that things get better and uphold it as a panacea to all life's ailments. Like some fairy godmother is going to come along and magic the bad things away.

The only thing that gets me through it is knowing that someday this agony will end. No more ptsd flashbacks, no more fear, no more unsatisfaction, no more tragedy. What a relief that will be.
Thank you for sharing. Very thought provoking.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LONE WOLF., Meditation guide, Deleted member 22624 and 1 other person
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
Well, I don't know much about autism but you are very articulate and intelligent which is something many "normal" people aren't.

What you're saying is exactly what I was thinking about when posting this thread, about the relief of a part of your life being over like you were in some kind of a Holocaust camp instead of reminiscing on happy memories.

The same will happen when time ereases our current struggles, until it all at last ends...the same relief from life.

Should this be so, is this what God intended for the lives of the some? It is very cruel to have to "endure" life and then finally have relief.
I am so angry at people who say "yeah well everyone has some karma and maybe people who suffer were bad in past lives". I consider this to be so rude and without sentiment for another person's suffering, like, who cares if you're screwed, just keep on suffering it is all your fault. No empathy no nothing, just- your fault, what can we do? Is this really how God views things, that he doesn't care for the suffering? Are people who suffer bad and they deserved it?

But then, people who suffer all have in mind one - relief. It's so beautiful when it comes. Nothing is forever.

Thank you for sharing. Very thought provoking.
I said recently I don't see beauty anymore. You're right, death after suffering is beautiful.

I agree so much with what you've said. What really resonated is how you framed us being expected to suffer, with blame added almost as an insult. How can nature be so cruel. How can society be so discompassionate

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and adam&eve
adam&eve

adam&eve

Student
Dec 16, 2020
I said recently I don't see beauty anymore. You're right, death after suffering is beautiful.

I agree so much with what you've said. What really resonated is how you framed us being expected to suffer, with blame added almost as an insult. How can nature be so cruel. How can society be so discompassionate
A person faced with agony only, in company of which no other companion can come close, which puts one in a vast loneliness in which they even seem to be forgotten by God. Misery, with your torturous claws, show mercy, if one deserved you, how much more long will they have to endure, as it was already long ago they've repent for their sins, some of which have supposedly fallen forgotten before one was born innocent again.

The good thing is that in hard times this place offers us support through people that can understand such pain.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LONE WOLF. and Deleted member 22624
M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
Yes that is kinda sad. Like there even wasn't a chance given.

You mean, if I endure without CTB?
I don't know, that is a good question.
I am a f***ing coward... I am scared of death and what comes after. The least I can do in that situation is hope something will slightly change so it will be slightly better. But life let me down already, I am wondering who is God to do this to people, to let them be born in this world just for them to be let down and suffer. What is the point?
It's kind of interesting because it's not like even if life ends up being worth it for you it's worth it by much. The nature of reality and being alive is extremely confusing. The science basically says what we perceive as the self is wrong. Ie were a collection of a 100 billion neurons that believe it's one, part of brain are replaces(your 5 year old self in already fully dead) and a million other factors we know and don't know about.

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, pthnrdnojvsc and adam&eve
adam&eve

adam&eve

Student
Dec 16, 2020
maybe CTB is the answer and maybe the answer lies in the pineal gland, psychedelics and attaining nirvana

Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
maybe CTB is the answer and maybe the answer lies in the pineal gland, psychedelics and attaining nirvana
If just there was a drug that made me happy. Legal and affordable ideally but then again if I'm happy AF it doesn't matter unless I end up in prison. How the hell would I ctb in prison, I'd have to use methods I've failed at again and again and again

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, adam&eve and Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
You express yourself beautifully. I and many here can relate to what you said in this last sentence. You have a gift for writing. I can't help but think, under different circumstances for you, that you could write about many things others could relate to and in that way shine a light on areas that need to be talked about more.

I understand how grim your life has been and you are not alone in that.

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, adam&eve and Deleted member 22624
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
I wish l could go back to being 15yrs old and starting again and not messing up this time, l wish l had known what it felt like to be loved and wanted just once, l wish l didn't hate who l am, the worse thing about my existence now is l'll never be able to go back and put the injustice that happened to me when l was 17 right! O wish l belonged to someone or somewhere, l wish l had someone l could trust to scatter my ashes and those of my two dogs(one died 10yrs ago) in the same place at the same time! So many wishes but not one will be granted, life sucks arse and the sooner l'm out of it the better!!!

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: adam&eve and Deleted member 22624
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
You said it. My past just feels like a trainwreck, and I don't think I've ever enjoyed much of it. Maybe it's because I've stopped joining the rat race or my life is just a bit better now, but looking back makes me pity myself. I know alot people have better lives than me, but the suffering is making me feel bitter. It's just so unfair...

• Aww..
Reactions: adam&eve