• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

stargazingalone

stargazingalone

Art is meant to comfort the disturbed
Jan 11, 2024
If I ever ctb, I was thinking about giving away my stuff, since I dont want it to go to waste, but Im still unsure. I wouldnt want people close to me to be pained by seeing something that reminds them of me, but on the other hand I dont want to just sale the things because of the emotional value they have for me, and I dont have use for the money when I die.
Yes, I could leave the money for someone, but then I think it should be more personal, something that says "thanks for being there/I still care about you" and them the best thing is something personal.

For example, if I ever go through with it, I wanted to leave my Nintendo 3ds to my partner. For context, I had it since 2015, its modded, and overall holds way to much of my younger (and not hurt) self that I dont want to sell it. But on the other hand I dont want them to be left with something that reminds them of what they couldve had.

I really dont know how I should do this tbh

• Hugs
Reactions: halleyscomet and Suicidebydeath
daley

daley

May 11, 2024
Not sure I entirely understood you. If you would give away stuff, would that be before or after ctb?

Anyway, I understand that a concern of giving them stuff is that they might be reminded of you and find that painful. Maybe a way to resolve that would be that, assuming you leave a letter, that the letter states that the stuff you have given away - could be thrown away or sold by the new owner. That way, if they find the stuff troubling, they could do something about it, and not feel guilty for selling it or throwing it away.

That's all I could come up with...

Reactions: fleetingnight, halleyscomet and stargazingalone
stargazingalone

stargazingalone

Jan 11, 2024
Not sure I entirely understood you. If you would give away stuff, would that be before or after ctb?

Anyway, I understand that a concern of giving them stuff is that they might be reminded of you and find that painful. Maybe a way to resolve that would be that, assuming you leave a letter, that the letter states that the stuff you have given away - could be thrown away or sold by the new owner. That way, if they find the stuff troubling, they could do something about it, and not feel guilty for selling it or throwing it away.

That's all I could come up with...
No thats actually a great idea, in the end its their choice if they want to keep the stuff and dont feel bad for the decision they made

Reactions: Nikitatos and fleetingnight
Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
I think giving stuff is nice after ctb. It lets people know that they had an effect in you, and even when they see those objects feel pain, grief is natural when someone dies, i think its better to leave something that is concrete and physical so that they can choose what they want to do with it, like making physical something mental, rather than just carrying constantly the burden of grief.

• Love
Reactions: stargazingalone and daley
Nikitatos

Nikitatos

Arcanist
Apr 10, 2024
If you don't have anything super valuable, I'd just leave a note with what you want done with your stuff. Let people know that they can throw your things away if they don't want them.

Plus, if something goes wrong with the CTB, you still want to have your stuff.

homesoon.

homesoon.

i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶n̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶.̶
Apr 15, 2024
I've considered specifying what I want specific people to have before/after cbt. I have small things I have went ahead and given people, or let certain people borrow, without seeing a big reason to get it back, some things that held some personal or sentimental value. In personal experience of having a loved one cbt, don't leave anyone you care about with nothing.

steppingoff

steppingoff

Experienced
Jan 18, 2024
My approach is that everything keeps going until it doesn't. It's like being hit by a bus. You are there one day and gone tomorrow

Selling all your stuff is one of the clues to others you may plan to kill your self

stargazingalone

stargazingalone

Jan 11, 2024
If you don't have anything super valuable, I'd just leave a note with what you want done with your stuff. Let people know that they can throw your things away if they don't want them.

Plus, if something goes wrong with the CTB, you still want to have your stuff.
I have a handful of valuable things, both emotionally and financially. Im currently planning to leave a note and giving them a choice to keep or not, but Id still be sad if the things get sold because of the value they have for me, and that I entrust them to someone I care about.
Im planning to write something along the lines of "Id appreciate if you keep [item] and take care of it, since its really important to me, but I can understand if you dont want anything that pains you even more"
I've considered specifying what I want specific people to have before/after cbt. I have small things I have went ahead and given people, or let certain people borrow, without seeing a big reason to get it back, some things that held some personal or sentimental value. In personal experience of having a loved one cbt, don't leave anyone you care about with nothing.
I think if suddenly give away my things that I care about or need in everyday life, people would get suspicious, since Im really protective over these things. Ill probably have to write a handful of notes and hope my mom actually gives the things to the people and doesnt keep them to herself

Reactions: Nikitatos