• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Q

Quiet Desperation

Lonely wanderer
Dec 7, 2020
It's a bummer to see how much power you guys are giving women. They don't have to be the source of all your self-esteem.
You have a valid point, and I mostly agree with you. Even if one ends up in a relationship, I think the mindset that your partner will save you from yourself usually won't result in something healthy, and desperation is not generally an attractive quality to most potential partners.

However, I also think the desire to give and receive love is a powerful need for most, regardless of how low their self esteem or how poor their mental health. Finding someone while you are suffering is that much more difficult, unlikely, and full of additional pitfalls, but it doesn't change that fundamental need. I guess what I'm saying is that despite how unhealthy the potential result or how doomed to failure it may be for some, the loneliness is understandable at a human level.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It's a bummer to see how much power you guys are giving women. They don't have to be the source of all your self-esteem.
Too late. It's not like it's going to come from myself.

Reactions: Disappointered
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Yeah when you've never been in a true relationship, especially when you were a teenager, I can assure you that putting women on a pedestal is a very natural reaction. I don't think that's your situation, OP. I assume so.

Reactions: Disappointered
drwt

drwt

Dec 1, 2020
The less you have it the more you want it and care for it when you do have it.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Maybe some people on here, but you do know there are guys that actually get approached by women, right. And believe it or not, sometimes it's the woman who wants to be more than friends.

Reactions: netrezven
MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
Getting a girlfriend wouldn't exactly be my only source of self-esteem, but more the end point for me if I ever recovered. If the impossible happened and someone became attracted to me, then I must have shifted all/most of my negative characteristics that prevent me from getting in one now (and will likely prevent from ever getting in one tbh).

• Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020
Maybe some people on here, but you do know there are guys that actually get approached by women, right. And believe it or not, sometimes it's the woman who wants to be more than friends.
Tell me more about this inexplicable and completely unheard of phenomenon!

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Our only purpose on this planet is to find a mate and reproduce. Everything else is a meaningless distraction or a means to achieve our purpose.

Reactions: not4us
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Our only purpose on this planet is to find a mate and reproduce. Everything else is a meaningless distraction.
Bullshit. There's self improvement. Getting better at something, learning something for you. Has nothing to do with sex.

Reactions: Frauw
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Really simple example - why do people learn a second language when it's not needed in their life?
Because it can be needed. It can help one find a mate they previously didn't have access to. It can help one get a better job or more money to attract mates.

Reactions: not4us
bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020
as the person who started this thread I request 'ur gay' not appear on it as a punchline again, ty

M

mouseteeth

Dec 2, 2019
Does it surprise you that most of /r9k is suicidal? Do you think none of them go on this site?
No, it doesn't surpise me, I was already aware of that, so I suppose it shouldn't surpirse me that they are on this site.
However, people who post on /r9k/ can just, you know, post there. Or anywhere on 4chan and have a plethora of others who agree with them. Women are not welcome there.
I joined here almost a year ago and the topics posted were for the most part, interesting, deep discussion from a wide array of posters. I log on here today, and almost all I see are threads from men complaining about women and asking about problems with their male genitals. I guess I'm no longer welcome here, either.

Reactions: bov
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
No, it doesn't surpise me, I was already aware of that, so I suppose it shouldn't surpirse me that they are on this site.
However, people who post on /r9k/ can just, you know, post there. Or anywhere on 4chan and have a plethora of others who agree with them. Women are not welcome there.
I joined here almost a year ago and the topics posted were for the most part, interesting, deep discussion from a wide array of posters. I log on here today, and almost all I see are threads from men complaining about women and asking about problems with their male genitals. I guess I'm no longer welcome here, either.
Don't play victim. You can go to whatever site you want.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Yeah, no shit, I'm sure you do.
Then what was the point of your comment?