N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I know there are some shows in the US. Like The View. For me such shows feel like total garbage to me. I wonder who watches shows like that. I think the ratings are pretty bad and I am not surprised. Why should one listen to the advices and opinions of celebs on society or politics? Just because someone is a good actor or singer this does not mean they have something sophisticated to say on such issues. In Germany there are some talk shows with celebs and they are so cringe. But I think the cult status is even worse in the US.

It feels like a waste of time. I am not wondering why mainstream broadcasting stations in the US struggle to maintain their audience. It is so obvious what they are doing. On the surface they posture themselves as liberals and progressive. Just to distract the citizens that they are in favor of low taxes and a neoliberal tax/financial system. The US media eco system is pretty fucked up and toxic. I am glad I don't live there. The newspapers are better than the TV stations but still it is all rigged against the average citizen.

In the US having money is even more decisive for gaining power than in my country. The political dynasties in the US are pretty shady. One has to be rich so that one can become a high politician. Well if these are the rulues like the insane campaign financial rules one should not wonder when the lobbies can force the politicians to do everything they want.

It is a shame how much agitation there is against for example homeless people. Though also CNN and MSNBC only care about them on the surface. They want to maintain the power system in order to exploit the people. I would like to go on but then I had to move this to politics.

The whole cult about celebrities is so stupid. The result of that are elites that look down at the average Joe and Jane. It is the ultimate recipe for polarization, divided and dysfunctional country.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elio24
neurotic

neurotic

𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈'𝐦 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 /// 💜💚💙
May 24, 2023
Some of those celebs who are popular now, specifically ones who give life advice, may have gotten popular for giving good advice. They understand what is was like and got successful from their struggle. They're not all bad, you just have to find ones that appeal to you and are honest. You're probably not getting good advice from any major news networks or government funded programming in general.

Of course I know what you mean regarding most of them. It's infuriating that the ones most undeserving and unhelpful are put up front for nothing but profits. The worst part is most of their target audience doesn't think twice about it.

Reactions: noname223
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I don't trust anyone who works in Hollyweird. They all in some shady dealings as far as I'm concerned.