R

Reallyreallyreally

Experienced
Jan 13, 2020
Theres nothing wrong with being gay, have you ever looked into internalised homophobia?
I was thinking the same thing. It takes a lot of work to undo the effects of spending your formative years in a toxic environment, and unless a person who has always been othered finds a supportive and stable community, the chance of them being able to process and move past it goes way down.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I'll help kick off your thread by saying I don't really have any issues other than the stigma people have subconsciously being annoying. I've always hidden the fact that I'm bi from everyone I know in person because I swear the moment they find out you aren't straight they start looking at you differently. Even if I tell them I still like both genders it's just never the same. I don't like lying about it so I just never bring it up and luckily there's no need to lie if nothing is said. But I just thought I would share this as others might feel the same I'm not sure.
I used to be open with friends about it, and if they had husbands or boyfriends, they didn't know how to deal anymore. I was the biggest threat and simultaneously the biggest turn on. And I wasn't even remotely interested in their wives/girlfriends! Nor they in me! I think it may have permanently altered those dudes' brain chemistries.

Reactions: BadRNG and MysticPerception