• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

fishlover

fishlover

in the end, nothing matters
Sep 17, 2023
hope this doesnt come off as me just being too lazy to find the info i need- in between switching devices i lost the info i did have saved, and im hoping just asking here would be more straightforward. any help is appreciated.

what id like to know:
-does the material of the rope matter? i.e. cotton, nylon, etc.
-whats the recommended thickness?
-should i use a slip knot or hangman's knot? different sources contradict each other on this
-how tall should my anchor point be?
-are there any recommendations on where i can buy the rope? online is not an option. i am currently in nyc. i know several places where rope can be purchased, id just like personal opinions based on quality/price.
-is there anything else i should purchase or have besides the rope?

info to aid in answering the above questions- i am 5'7" and about 113-120 pounds (my weight fluctuates between those numbers)
i have a spot in mind, a tree with a branch that isnt too tall and quite thick, in a secluded area. i plan to be high or drunk or both during hanging to combat SI.
i am aiming for full suspension atm and not drop hanging or partial- however, if anyone would like to tell me why i should do otherwise, please let me know.

if i think of anymore questions ill update this thread

B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
I can only say that hangman's knot, despite its name, isn't useful for full suspension hanging. It would be useful for drop hanging though.

Reactions: fishlover
fishlover

fishlover

Sep 17, 2023
I can only say that hangman's knot, despite its name, isn't useful for full suspension hanging. It would be useful for drop hanging though.
noted, thank you. just out of curiosity, do you know why that is?

B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
noted, thank you. just out of curiosity, do you know why that is?
I'm fairly new around here, but if I remember correctly, it's because this knot is very big and embraces all the neck. It doesn't focus on your carotids : it crushes the whole neck. It could work but I believe it would be very nasty and painful.

However, since it's big and tightens the whole neck, in a full drop, it's efficient at breaking it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

PrettyPotato

PrettyPotato

-
Dec 11, 2023
hope this doesnt come off as me just being too lazy to find the info i need- in between switching devices i lost the info i did have saved, and im hoping just asking here would be more straightforward. any help is appreciated.

what id like to know:
-does the material of the rope matter? i.e. cotton, nylon, etc.
-whats the recommended thickness?
-should i use a slip knot or hangman's knot? different sources contradict each other on this
-how tall should my anchor point be?
-are there any recommendations on where i can buy the rope? online is not an option. i am currently in nyc. i know several places where rope can be purchased, id just like personal opinions based on quality/price.
-is there anything else i should purchase or have besides the rope?

info to aid in answering the above questions- i am 5'7" and about 113-120 pounds (my weight fluctuates between those numbers)
i have a spot in mind, a tree with a branch that isnt too tall and quite thick, in a secluded area. i plan to be high or drunk or both during hanging to combat SI.
i am aiming for full suspension atm and not drop hanging or partial- however, if anyone would like to tell me why i should do otherwise, please let me know.

if i think of anymore questions ill update this thread
Any reason why you've a preference for full suspension rather than drop hanging?
As far as I've read about it so far, full suspension sounded a bit painful to me!

fishlover

fishlover

Sep 17, 2023
I'm fairly new around here, but if I remember correctly, it's because this knot is very big and embraces all the neck. It doesn't focus on your carotids : it crushes the whole neck. It could work but I believe it would be very nasty and painful.

However, since it's big and tightens the whole neck, in a full drop, it's efficient at breaking it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
i see, makes sense! ty sm for the help/info

fishlover

fishlover

Sep 17, 2023
Any reason why you've a preference for full suspension rather than drop hanging?
As far as I've read about it so far, full suspension sounded a bit painful to me!
im worried about nasty complications if my neck doesn't properly break on impact, like what if it just.. sprains or twists? wouldnt that be awful? as well as it just sounds overall scarier, more forceful. and actually im not even sure if i know of a tree/anchor point tall enough to drop from anyway?

from what ive heard, full suspension is practically painless if done right- if you pass out fast enough. what will be hard to overcome is the SI. its also why im not aiming for partial anymore, because partial seems to be too easy to fail, as well as the SI would be much more overwhelming.
Please search the threads first.
i have, and i did have a lot of info saved (not read, just the links bookmarked) but i switched devices and lost it all, like i already mentioned. i shouldve just book marked the threads thru here in hindsight..
yes i can go through the threads again but theres a lot of conflicting information between users and answers change throughout discussions. just asking my specific questions is more efficient. if i dont get all the answers i need then ill go back to the threads.

Last edited:
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Neck breaking is a great thought.
Now, if hanging is your plan, research no drop. It is simple if done correctly.

The neighbors would get suspicious as you build gallows in your yard.

PrettyPotato

PrettyPotato

-
Dec 11, 2023
im worried about nasty complications if my neck doesn't properly break on impact, like what if it just.. sprains or twists? wouldnt that be awful? as well as it just sounds overall scarier, more forceful. and actually im not even sure if i know of a tree/anchor point tall enough to drop from anyway?

from what ive heard, full suspension is practically painless if done right- if you pass out fast enough. what will be hard to overcome is the SI. its also why im not aiming for partial anymore, because partial seems to be too easy to fail, as well as the SI would be much more overwhelming.
All fair points! I've been favouring drop because of the instant result. I must admit it's been challenging to find somewhere that's definitely strong enough though (other than huge trees). Drop isn't perhaps as high as you're imagining. The drop table for your weight says the height would be roughly 8ft 5".

I'm not entirely convinced by partial either - seems to be about 50/50 whether it does anything or not...
Perhaps more suitable for people that are maybe doing it as a cry for help than a proper attempt - dunno.

B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
Considering partial hanging, it's often chosen because it seems easier to achieve : you don't need much resources and you don't need to leave your own room. It seems painless and quite fast. But the more I lurk around here, the more I realize it's not as easy or even efficient as it seems.

But again, anything can work : an inmate hanged himself at a bunk bed while his co-inmate was sleeping, using only a short TV cable.

PrettyPotato

PrettyPotato

-
Dec 11, 2023
Neck breaking is a great thought.
Now, if hanging is your plan, research no drop. It is simple if done correctly.

The neighbors would get suspicious as you build gallows in your yard.
There's a British 'procedure for military hangings (1947)' pdf on the web.
It's amazing - it's almost a step by step tutorial on everything (even how to build the gallows!)

fishlover

fishlover

Sep 17, 2023
All fair points! I've been favouring drop because of the instant result. I must admit it's been challenging to find somewhere that's definitely strong enough though (other than huge trees). Drop isn't perhaps as high as you're imagining. The drop table for your weight says the height would be roughly 8ft 5".

I'm not entirely convinced by partial either - seems to be about 50/50 whether it does anything or not...
Perhaps more suitable for people that are maybe doing it as a cry for help than a proper attempt - dunno.
really only 8 ft? that seems very doable actually, i was certainly imagining something like at least 10 ft lol 😭 actually hold on i swear I sent a table in another thread and now i cant remember if it was for drop height or rope length... ill have to find it.

amd yes agreed on partial- although i think why a lot of people do it, and why i considered it, is because partial is very accessible, and can be done with rope, straps, belts, etc. from the comfort of home without needing to buy equipment or needing a high anchor point. its just unfortunate that its hard to get right. I've read stories from people who practice 20 times or more and they just cant pass out, or they might hit the sweet spot once or twice, feel themselves blacking out and then panic, pulling the rope off their neck.

if i can get over the thought of my neck snapping, i MIGHT go with drop hanging after all, now that i know i just need 8.5 ft!
There's a British 'procedure for military hangings (1947)' pdf on the web.
It's amazing - it's almost a step by step tutorial on everything (even how to build the gallows!)
unfortunately i do not have the means to build gallows 😭

PrettyPotato

PrettyPotato

-
Dec 11, 2023
really only 8 ft? that seems very doable actually, i was certainly imagining something like at least 10 ft lol 😭 actually hold on i swear I sent a table in another thread and now i cant remember if it was for drop height or rope length... ill have to find it.

amd yes agreed on partial- although i think why a lot of people do it, and why i considered it, is because partial is very accessible, and can be done with rope, straps, belts, etc. from the comfort of home without needing to buy equipment or needing a high anchor point. its just unfortunate that its hard to get right. I've read stories from people who practice 20 times or more and they just cant pass out, or they might hit the sweet spot once or twice, feel themselves blacking out and then panic, pulling the rope off their neck.

if i can get over the thought of my neck snapping, i MIGHT go with drop hanging after all, now that i know i just need 8.5 ft!
Bizarrely the drop table is on wikipedia! Just have to add 9" to the 1923 ones to get the current recommendations iirc.
I have no idea how they worked out the whole table for different weights. Actually maybe I don't want to know.

fishlover

fishlover

Sep 17, 2023
Considering partial hanging, it's often chosen because it seems easier to achieve : you don't need much resources and you don't need to leave your own room. It seems painless and quite fast. But the more I lurk around here, the more I realize it's not as easy or even efficient as it seems.

But again, anything can work : an inmate hanged himself at a bunk bed while his co-inmate was sleeping, using only a short TV cable.
yeah its just so hard to get right! compressing the carotid arteries painlessly is harder than it initially seems.

B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
yeah its just so hard to get right! compressing the carotid arteries painlessly is harder than it initially seems.
I managed it quite easily actually. But it's just one part of the whole process...

fishlover

fishlover

Sep 17, 2023
I managed it quite easily actually. But it's just one part of the whole process...
lucky you, some people get it easier than others it seems. i tried twice myself, just to test it out. i felt faint at first but then a pressure built in my head after a couple of seconds. very uncomfortable.

CloudyNightSky

CloudyNightSky

Experienced
Oct 28, 2023
I try to answer as good as possible. Im definitely not an expert when it comes to full suspension but know a few things so

- yes it matters, but as long as it doesn't stretch too much it's fine (for example polypropylene ropes are good)
- 10-12 mm
- slipknot (90% sure, more sources say slipknot than hangman's knot)
- ig you just shouldn't be able to touch the floor so your hight + like 40cm
- I think before you buy them you should test them first a bit. Like just grab a piece and look if it's too stretchy and pull on it. Ask the seller, how much weight they can hold, but I think you can also just estimate whether they can hold you or not.
- I don't think so

Hope that helps I'm not sure about the last one though but ig not? At least idk what you should buy, except for maybe a nice last meal and things for comfort that makes you feel better :)

fishlover

fishlover

Sep 17, 2023
Propylene is the best. Cotton could work but you might need it to be a little thicker. Electrical wire would work too so you could always cut up an extension lead. 10-20mm thickness. The height of the anchor point is irrelevant so long as your feet don't touch the floor but maybe step off the chair rather than kicking it away just in case the noose doesn't constrict the right area and you need to get back on the chair. For comfort you may wanna pad your carotid arteries with folded socks.

I try to answer as good as possible. Im definitely not an expert when it comes to full suspension but know a few things so

- yes it matters, but as long as it doesn't stretch too much it's fine (for example polypropylene ropes are good)
- 10-12 mm
- slipknot (90% sure, more sources say slipknot than hangman's knot)
- ig you just shouldn't be able to touch the floor so your hight + like 40cm
- I think before you buy them you should test them first a bit. Like just grab a piece and look if it's too stretchy and pull on it. Ask the seller, how much weight they can hold, but I think you can also just estimate whether they can hold you or not.
- I don't think so

Hope that helps I'm not sure about the last one though but ig not? At least idk what you should buy, except for maybe a nice last meal and things for comfort that makes you feel better :)
thank you both! looks like i need at least 10 mm thickness for sure- and i remember seeing propylene being mentioned somewhere else as like the ideal material, so ill def aim for that. i didnt even think about how the rope could stretch. also padding the carotids is a good tip ty

• Love
Reactions: CloudyNightSky
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2023
Hello!

Based on my research the answers are:
Best material: Hemp (because it doesn't stretch)
Recommended thickness: As thick as your thumb
Best knot: Slipknot

Things to consider:
Drop hanging is difficult to pull off properly.
You should lose consciousness in about 15 seconds if full suspension is done right.

Remember to test your setup first!

Again, this is just research. I have not attempted yet.

• Love
Reactions: LM10 and fishlover
fishlover

fishlover

Sep 17, 2023
Hello!

Based on my research the answers are:
Best material: Hemp (because it doesn't stretch)
Recommended thickness: As thick as your thumb
Best knot: Slipknot

Things to consider:
Drop hanging is difficult to pull off properly.
You should lose consciousness in about 15 seconds if full suspension is done right.

Remember to test your setup first!

Again, this is just research. I have not attempted yet.
thank you!

Reactions: Blue Elephant