• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Shinkansen

Shinkansen

life is pain
Jul 14, 2020
I have a nautical polyester rope that has a breaking load of 400 kg and 8mm in thickness, can it be suitable for full suspension?
I'm a very small and thin person, about 1.65m x 50kg so the rope should support my weight without problems, but my main thought is that the rope is too thin and can therefore hurt my throat very badly.

Reactions: ERASED
Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
I don´t think it could break, but it could be uncomfortable cause it will cut deep into your neck. I would use 10mm if I was you

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Try to get something greater than 15 mm. Double braided is smoother.

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
15mm is a bit thick for 50kg

Shinkansen

Shinkansen

life is pain
Jul 14, 2020
I didn't think 2mm made so much difference;
however if I do the knot well I should lose consciousness almost immediately, so if the rope cut doesn't seem like a problem theoretically.

sure, better not risk it, I'll wait a bit and try a better rope.
I hope the material (polyester) is good.

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
Polyester is good it also worked for me a few years ago, but I was rescued after passing out

Reactions: rundschlinge78 and Shinkansen
Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
Sorry for jumping on this thread but I have a similar question. I'm thinking of full suspension with a weight of 70kg. The rope I have is paracord but is only 4mm so it might be too thin?

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
This will hurt. Thicker lessens pressure on the skin and really does not feel bad. (I practice)

Shinkansen

Shinkansen

life is pain
Jul 14, 2020
I have seen several full suspension videos, and I have noticed that in most of them the rope is strong, but thin enough.
in fact, not everyone has a very thick rope available, for example I found a 10mm rope in a naval shop, they cannot be found everywhere.
many people commit suicide with the first strong rope they find and they succeed, I wonder how they do it without asking questions or doubts, for example I do nothing until I have everything clear.

I understand that the only decisive things are the strength of the rope and the support on which to hang.

it sounds so easy, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Reactions: mopeyD
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Why don't you use a scarf or something around the neck to decrease the skin burn from the thin rope?