• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
I'm taking sertraline for depression, and honestly, it sorta works. if i take them i can get some things done and feel the energy of not staying in bed laying all day. but if i dont take them (f.e. today), i cant get up or do any task. my brain cant work without the pills. im so dependent on them, i hate it. they dont work that well, but if i dont take them i feel even worse.

i need some alternative, but rn, there isnt.

Synodic912

Synodic912

Mar 17, 2024
My mom has me taking supplements, such as mood boosters and ones that give you more energy. Honestly, I don't believe in taking supplements unless you really need them (like if you have a vitamin deficiency for example). I haven't felt any difference after around a month taking these pills twice daily and at this I'm only taking them to make my mom happy. But surprisingly some people swear by them. If you're desperate maybe you could try them. Just search online for herbal mood boosters or vitamins that give you more energy. Hopefully you'll have more luck than me.

theboy

theboy

Visionary
Jul 15, 2022
That's what the pills are for, to stabilize your mood. Unfortunately in many or most cases they are taken for months, years or a lifetime because it is a pathology. The pills do not change the thoughts, they only block them or neutralize them. The other part is seen with a therapist. I also take pills and I get bored doing it 3 times a day, what is your diagnosis?

Reactions: Finalnight
Synodic912

Synodic912

Mar 17, 2024
That's what the pills are for, to stabilize your mood. Unfortunately in many or most cases they are taken for months, years or a lifetime because it is a pathology. The pills do not change the thoughts, they only block them or neutralize them. The other part is seen with a therapist. I also take pills and I get bored doing it 3 times a day, what is your diagnosis?
Depression and suicidal, my mom told the therapist she was very against antidepressants and asked if there were any alternatives. Kinda wish I could get antidepressants just to see what they're all about but it looks like they don't work how they're promoted. šŸ˜”

Reactions: Finalnight
theboy

theboy

Visionary
Jul 15, 2022
work if you get the right ones
Depression and suicidal, my mom told the therapist she was very against antidepressants and asked if there were any alternatives. Kinda wish I could get antidepressants just to see what they're all about but it looks like they don't work how they're promoted. šŸ˜”

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
Keep taking them if they help. Nothing will take it away but it's better than feeling worse without it

Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
I have depression and anxiety

One benzo (very useful if I want to ctb) during night (also if I have an anxiety attack) and one of sertraline during the day.

W

WaitingAllMyLife

Jul 4, 2022
Are you sure you're on the right dosage? If they are helping you, then perhaps a higher dosage would help more. I've been on anywhere from 50 mg to 150 mg and my dad was once on 200 mg. (Sertraline) They also have a host of drugs specifically for this purpose. Some people can only get so far on one anti-depressant. Drugs like Abilify, Rexulti and Seroquel are made to be taken in tandem with your current med and help you feel even better. Might be a good idea to talk to your prescribing doctor about this issue. You have options. Also, there's no reason to feel like you need to get off them. Many (if not most) people are fine taking their anti-depressant for life.

• Love
Reactions: Yuki_03
Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
Are you sure you're on the right dosage? If they are helping you, then perhaps a higher dosage would help more. I've been on anywhere from 50 mg to 150 mg and my dad was once on 200 mg. (Sertraline) They also have a host of drugs specifically for this purpose. Some people can only get so far on one anti-depressant. Drugs like Abilify, Rexulti and Seroquel are made to be taken in tandem with your current med and help you feel even better. Might be a good idea to talk to your prescribing doctor about this issue. You have options. Also, there's no reason to feel like you need to get off them. Many (if not most) people are fine taking their anti-depressant for life.
i just cant get it with the idea of pills controlling my mood. many times injust forget to buy or take them, and that affects me very heavily. im fine with taking them, but i jst think that the consequences of not taking them are too hard.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
W

WaitingAllMyLife

Jul 4, 2022
Yeah, but as humans we all get different illnesses. If you were diabetic, you'd take medicine to regulate your insulin/blood sugar since your body wasn't able to. It's the same with serotonin. There's no shame in it. It's just one process out of millions your body performs daily that needs a little boost. Can you tie it to something else you do? Put it next to your toothbrush and take it at the same time so you don't forget. Or if you drink a cup of coffee every day, put it next to the coffee so you remember to take it.

• Love
Reactions: Yuki_03
Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
Yeah, but as humans we all get different illnesses. If you were diabetic, you'd take medicine to regulate your insulin/blood sugar since your body wasn't able to. It's the same with serotonin. There's no shame in it. It's just one process out of millions your body performs daily that needs a little boost. Can you tie it to something else you do? Put it next to your toothbrush and take it at the same time so you don't forget. Or if you drink a cup of coffee every day, put it next to the coffee so you remember to take it.
Thanks, I'll try

• Love
Reactions: WaitingAllMyLife