• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Fuck everyone who is contributing to this sick society

• Hugs
Reactions: DepressedDude, sadandlonely99, Time4Peace and 7 others
halleyscomet

halleyscomet

halley
Mar 26, 2024
You okay? I feel you. Did something happen?

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
You okay? I feel you. Did something happen?
No I'm just mad because my mom keeps pressuring me to get a job and she keeps threatening to kick me out. I just hate this world so much
Can't be a NEET if there's no one contributing to the society.
I guess so. I just hate how they try to force everyone to do the same as them

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Rocinante, lovedread, Arachno and 4 others
halleyscomet

halleyscomet

halley
Mar 26, 2024
No I'm just mad because my mom keeps pressuring me to get a job and she keeps threatening to kick me out. I just hate this world so much
Do you live in the UK? If you do, I would contact social services and see if you can get on a waitlist for supported living. I believe you can get a place for having ASD, I'm considering doing this in the future. Supported living is government housing where they pay for your rent and you have people come in and help you get things done, and you may not have to work.

Reactions: lovedread and divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
Does your mom know your depression is bad?

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Do you live in the UK? If you do, I would contact social services and see if you can get on a waitlist for supported living. I believe you can get a place for having ASD, I'm considering doing this in the future. Supported living is government housing where they pay for your rent and you have people come in and help you get things done, and you may not have to work.
No, I live in the US and my mom said that my ASD probably is too mild to qualify for disability…I only have Asperger's aka autism level 1
Does your mom know your depression is bad?
My depression wasn't formally diagnosed but it's gotten better recently. I think I cured it on my own. It's just become an apathy and hate instead of sadness and melancholy. My mom gets mad at me for being lazy though. She shouts at me and tells me to get out of bed. I don't know why she's so angry seeing me lying in bed. I guess that's due to her culture or something. She expects me to be productive and do something with my life, not waste it away

• Hugs
Reactions: Rocinante, divinemistress36 and ijustwishtodie
halleyscomet

halleyscomet

halley
Mar 26, 2024
No, I live in the US and my mom said that my ASD probably is too mild to qualify for disability…I only have Asperger's aka autism level 1
Same here, but it should still qualify for disability. I qualify for it and mine is considered mild as well. I mean the UK is different of course, but I'd definitely look into it. Even if you don't, this may be unethical but you could exaggerate your symptoms to gain the benefits. But since you are against capitalism and such, you may not be uncomfortable with doing that.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and sserafim
diadem99

diadem99

arnie
May 3, 2023
real. so fucking real. oh my god.

Alltheywanted

Alltheywanted

I'll just lay here and die
Mar 6, 2023
I also hate how recent society works. You either slave work some shitty job just to stay alive or you study to get to the university after which you will work slighty less shitty job and (maybe) earn more money.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I also hate how recent society works. You either slave work some shitty job just to stay alive or you study to get to the university after which you will work slighty less shitty job and (maybe) earn more money.
I've already finished university (I call it college because I'm American lol) and I've been a NEET ever since then, but my time is running out. Soon, I'll be expected to get a job and work for a living. I hate how you have to work to stay alive. I didn't choose to be born. Why should I have to work just to survive? I think that it's so unfair how you have to *earn* a living. Society is one big pyramid scheme

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante, permanently tired and Time4Peace
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
She shouts at me and tells me to get out of bed. I don't know why she's so angry seeing me lying in bed. I guess that's due to her culture or something. She expects me to be productive and do something with my life, not waste it away

I expect it's because she had that pressure placed on her and succumbed to it- begrudgingly or not so- she likely just sees it as 'normal' and part of the course. Plus, she can probably tell you're not happy. And rather than attribute it to all the pressure she's putting on you, she maybe thinks it's because of your isolated, NEET lifestyle.

It's weird though. You'd think our parents would want a better life for us but sometimes I get the impression they feel annoyed if we aren't suffering as much as they did! If I complain to my Dad about work, he'll tell me how much worse he had it. Not to disagree with him. He was treated really badly by some of his employers. Still- it's weird. It's like- what are you saying? Because you had a shit time of it, that justfies the same thing happening to me? In fact- you maybe want that to happen to me?!! Thanks a bunch.

Alltheywanted

Alltheywanted

I'll just lay here and die
Mar 6, 2023
I've already finished university (I call it college because I'm American lol) and I've been a NEET ever since then, but my time is running out. Soon, I'll be expected to get a job and work for a living. I hate how you have to work to stay alive. I didn't choose to be born. Why should I have to work just to survive? I think that it's so unfair how you have to *earn* a living. Society is one big pyramid scheme
Yeah and we are supposed to simply obey that idea.
However the problem is that people don't see what we see.
They didn't ask us if we want to live here, we just got there somehow,
they don't ask us to work - they order it,
and they won't let us commit suicide, because it's not profitable for them.
What a fucked world we're living in.

Reactions: Hollowman, pthnrdnojvsc, Time4Peace and 1 other person
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Out of curiosity, what's your long term plan, if any? I mean do you plan on living home for the rest of your life? If your mom did kick you out, where would you go? How would you eat? I ask bc you said your depression is better, so I take that as ctb is off the table, at least for the time being. Did you ever happen to go to your college's employment office and see if you could get a "better" type of job in your field of study? I understand you don't want to work at all, but in the long run there's really only a few choices - 1) live at home for your entire life and have everything provided to you, 2) get a job and head out on your own, eventually, and 3) ctb. I guess you could, theoretically, find someone else to provide for you, too. I don't know of any other options, at least not on this planet.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
Same here, but it should still qualify for disability. I qualify for it and mine is considered mild as well. I mean the UK is different of course, but I'd definitely look into it. Even if you don't, this may be unethical but you could exaggerate your symptoms to gain the benefits. But since you are against capitalism and such, you may not be uncomfortable with doing that.
Disabilty in the USA takes years to get unless one is blind or paralyzed. It took me 3 years to get and its only 628 US dollars a month

• Informative
Reactions: halleyscomet and LaughingGoat
L

LaughingGoat

Arcanist
Apr 11, 2024
This isn't true that anyone is forced to engage in society. I've known plenty of homeless people who live in camps, shelters, streets, or woods. While most don't make were incapable of living a "successful" life due to addictions and mental illness, some simply didn't have an interest in working or living a "normal" life. The issue is expecting all the comforts that come from working in society while not engaging in said society. Nothing wrong with rejecting society, but can't expect it to then provide your desired life.

• Love
Reactions: halleyscomet and divinemistress36
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
This isn't true that anyone is forced to engage in society. I've known plenty of homeless people who live in camps, shelters, streets, or woods. While most don't make were incapable of living a "successful" life due to addictions and mental illness, some simply didn't have an interest in working or living a "normal" life. The issue is expecting all the comforts that come from working in society while not engaging in said society. Nothing wrong with rejecting society, but can't expect it to then provide your desired life.
There are hikikomoris in Japan who live off of their parents though. They're a whole subculture. I tell my mom about them and she gets mad at me and tells me to "go join them"

Reactions: Rocinante and divinemistress36
L

LaughingGoat

Arcanist
Apr 11, 2024
There are hikikomoris in Japan who live off of their parents though. They're a whole subculture. I tell my mom about them and she gets mad at me and tells me to "go join them"

I agree that morally that is a parent's responsibility when choosing to have children, it's just not the reality of how most, and obviously your mother, see things. It doesn't sound like you're going to be able to change her mind and constantly rejecting the reality of one's situation usually causes more turbulence than adjusting the way we live. Change is scary so people usually avoid it as much as possible, but it's often needed to meet your expectations from life.

Reactions: divinemistress36