Pardoe84

Pardoe84

Student
Jul 2, 2023
I tried bupropion but since I have PSSD any stimulants, SSRI, Alcohol, Marihuana, Coffee cannot affect me anymore, since there might be a receptor shutdown or damage. I cannot feel any Effect from it.

My Urologist says the meds are out of my system, it cannot come from the pills. He advised me to go to a Sex Therapist. My Psychiatrist doesn't believe me either, he says it comes all from my depression.

I tried so many supplements to cure this, but nothing really helps. My last try is Naltrexone which i just ordered. If this won't work either i will order my SN.

• Hugs
Reactions: Scattered-Soul
Scattered-Soul

Scattered-Soul

It was an indescribable pain
Oct 2, 2023
I tried bupropion but since I have PSSD any stimulants, SSRI, Alcohol, Marihuana, Coffee cannot affect me anymore, since there might be a receptor shutdown or damage. I cannot feel any Effect from it.

My Urologist says the meds are out of my system, it cannot come from the pills. He advised me to go to a Sex Therapist. My Psychiatrist doesn't believe me either, he says it comes all from my depression.

I tried so many supplements to cure this, but nothing really helps. My last try is Naltrexone which i just ordered. If this won't work either i will order my SN.
Hey, man. I don't exactly have PSSD (since the main symptom is sexual dysfunction and that's literally the only thing that got resolved after I stopped my SSRI) but I have SSRI-induced brain damage and a progressive neurocognitive disorder aka dementia. I've got blank mind, severe cognitive impairment that's worsening rapidly, depersonalization and derealization, emotional blunting, nerve damage, debilitating fatigue, all kinds of headaches, vision problems, literally anything you could think of and I'm just falling apart as we speak. I've been living in this hell for almost 4 years now.

I'm mentioning that just for some context because I can really relate to you. I'm also pretty sure my receptors have been damaged in some way because substances don't affect me. Like coffee (which I haven't drunk in years now since it's useless), alcohol (tried it only twice), energy drinks, even different medications like painkillers, supplements don't do anything for me either.

I get the same reaction from doctors, if I go to a neurologist they refer me to a psychiatrist claiming it's just anxiety/depression no matter what I say and psychiatrists don't understand shit about the meds they're describing so they push the same stuff "it's just the mental illness" or "it's just in your head, you're imagining it" and can only prescribe me more SSRIs. Tbh I could write a whole essay about my godawful experiences with everyone in the health system and they still tell me stuff like "you just gotta trust the professionals, we're doctors for a reason, don't read things on the internet too much". They push me even more towards suicide. I truly sympathize, buddy.

I'm sorry that I can't be of any help. Could I ask you if you had any side effects or just effects in general from the Bupropion outside of your sexual function like maybe on your cognition or your emotions? A dumb question since you already said it didn't affect you but I still feel like I should ask.

Reactions: lachrymost
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Oh shit. This is terrible! I'm so sorry. I'm so naive about this. So- do the effects still stay even after you stop taking the medication? They change your brain? Did they tell you about the risks beforehand? I've always had a vague distrust of psyche meds but now- it's absolutely concrete. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Scattered-Soul

Scattered-Soul

It was an indescribable pain
Oct 2, 2023
Oh shit. This is terrible! I'm so sorry. I'm so naive about this. So- do the effects still stay even after you stop taking the medication? They change your brain? Did they tell you about the risks beforehand? I've always had a vague distrust of psyche meds but now- it's absolutely concrete. I'm so sorry this happened to you.
I'm not sure which person you're replying to but for most people the brain does revert back to its previous state after they've stopped the medication but a lot of people are left with permanent effects as well, there's no way to know if you'd end up like that or not. No, they don't inform you of any risks because the doctors themselves either don't know, don't believe in them or are dismissive of how severe they can be. In the end of the day, if they were honest about those risks, they'd have almost 0 patients so there's that.

• Informative
Reactions: lachrymost, NumbItAll, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
Pardoe84

Pardoe84

Student
Jul 2, 2023
I'm sorry that I can't be of any help. Could I ask you if you had any side effects or just effects in general from the Bupropion outside of your sexual function like maybe on your cognition or your emotions?
In the clinic they first switched me from Paroxetin to Bupropion. This caused insomnia and rapid heart beat in my case and i also noticed a watery ejaculation from it. Leading into that they switched me from Bupropion to Duloxetin.

With first pill of Duloxetin i had a strange brain reaction, i had to cry and laugh at same time. That must have been a serotonergic overstimulation or something like that. The next day the receptor shutdown or damage or whatever occured was there. I had no feeling in genitals anymore, severe erectile dysfunktion, anhedonia, emotional flatness.

That caused they switched me from Duloxetin to Venlafaxin now in the clinic and they said everything should be fine then. But it was not, the symptoms persisted. Causing that they now switched me from Venlafaxin to Sertralin because they had the opinion Venlafaxin would cause the problems. But with Sertralin the PSSD symptoms from Duloxetin still persisted. The docs said now it's the Sertralin that causes the problems. A never ending story.

In the end i tried several SSRI and i was 3 months without any SSRI but the symptoms from Duloxetin still persisted. Until today they are not gone (nearly 2 years). Doctors deny it saying it's long time out of my system, it cannot come from the Duloxetin. But that was the point where everything started. And as proof i read many other stories where people got exactly my symptoms like numb genital, erection problems, anhedonia, emotional blunting, cognitive issues.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Scattered-Soul
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
The doctors/con artists don't know shit, that's why I gave up on them years ago. Fuck them!

Reactions: http-410